When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
The poor desperates are on Everything_Surfertown doing backflips over DominicanToday news tourism and flights open July1.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Approximate hold time this evening
with American Airlines, 1hr and 45 min.
Why am I holding for a live person?
Because my flight departing tomorrow
afternoon has been cancelled, again.
I checked it at 8am this morning and
it said scheduled to depart on time.

Funny. Why is it funny you ask? I checked it
as I was waiting in line at CORAASAN
to pay my final cancelation bill before I fly out of here
tomorrow. No flight, no electricity (already cut)
and now no water.

I'd really like to start knee cappin the folks
who are spreading the fear. Its time for this
hoax to end.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You should ask Windy just how “easy” it is
My original residency application was actually simple. Far easier than it is today and nothing like what is needed at this time. It was a recent renewal that caused me to go the route of citizenship. Getting an apostille on a birth certificate without being in the US was the hard part to renew residency the last time.

To avoid further issues I immediately started the procedure for the citizenship process after that renewal. I await the official citizenship ceremony. The swearing in process is still delayed since that part of the MIP offices is not yet open.

As for tourism, those flights in to the DR probaby will start happening in July. The only way they could be earlier if another extension to the State of Emergency is not granted before it expires around June 12 (or is it June 13?).

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
ok so lets make a bet. $100 says I get in! What is a ferry flight?

A ferry flight is a repatriation flight where people are brought back to their home country. At this time, even legal residents are not allowed into the DR, only citizens are allowed on ferry flights coming in. No tourists and no legal residents are coming in at the moment until the airports officially open for tourists. .

I am not a betting man unless it is on something I am personally involved with and even that is rare. The only thing I am going to do in this case is that I will hear about another person who cannot legally enter the DR as a normal tourist until the airports open for that purpose. Tomorrow is not that day.

Sep 22, 2009
I am not a betting man unless it is on something I am personally involved with and even that is rare. The only thing I am going to do in this case is that I will hear about another person who cannot legally enter the DR as a normal tourist until the airports open for that purpose. Tomorrow is not that day.
when uncle grampa gets turned around at the gate because he's nobody on the chain, he'll think of you

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Eco
there is still the question if they will even allow 'free range' tourists in in the the first waves.
they seem to be saying they will control the incoming tourists -
airport pickup - hotel shuttle - return to airport

I expect Residency people will be allowed to roam..... I expect ...
I think the government policy will evolve around protecting Punta Cana, with the majority of visitors, in the short term and the long term.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is "sky" still active on here?
He works in a airport, Punta Cana
I think. His input would be greatly
appreciated.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
A ferry flight is a repatriation flight where people are brought back to their home country. At this time, even legal residents are not allowed into the DR, only citizens are allowed on ferry flights coming in. No tourists and no legal residents are coming in at the moment until the airports officially open for tourists. .

He was talking about getting citizenship. How easy was that?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Is "sky" still active on here?
He works in a airport, Punta Cana
I think. His input would be greatly
appreciated.

Good question. Sky has not posted for what seems like a few months. He does not work at the airport. He can tell you what he does when he resurfaces. Hope he does.

Approximate hold time this evening
with American Airlines, 1hr and 45 min.
Why am I holding for a live person?
Because my flight departing tomorrow
afternoon has been cancelled, again.
I checked it at 8am this morning and
it said scheduled to depart on time.

Funny. Why is it funny you ask? I checked it
as I was waiting in line at CORAASAN
to pay my final cancelation bill before I fly out of here
tomorrow. No flight, no electricity (already cut)
and now no water.

I'd really like to start knee cappin the folks
who are spreading the fear. Its time for this
hoax to end.

I have been trying to call Delta for four days now. They do not answer the phone any more it seems. I get a recorded message every time that says they are too busy to answer. I read it is because they furloughed many customer service employees to save money. Makes American and United look good at this point.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018

So why would the airline tell me they contacted the airport and it is confirmed santiago airport will be open and the flight is scheduled to arrive. Why would they say that when all the previous flights they cancelled? They were very specific.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
So why would the airline tell me they contacted the airport and it is confirmed santiago airport will be open and the flight is scheduled to arrive. Why would they say that when all the previous flights they cancelled? They were very specific.
I think the airport is open. The rep can only tell you what they see on the screen. They’re not the ones that cancel it at the last moment

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That will be the question I would like you to ask them today after you are not allowed to fly into the DR.
What is your airline and flight number from PR to DR?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Whichever, it will definitely be his ah ha! moment, however.
From this web site just now: https://flightview.com/airport/SJU-San_Juan-PR/departures

These are the flights that show for San Juan to the DR, as for passenger flights they are no more, today

Seaborne Airlines
4220SantiagoCancelled11:00 AMTerm B
B6.gif
JetBlue Airways
2931Punta CanaCancelled11:12 AMTerm A
dummy.gif
2Q
406Santo DomingoScheduled11:30 AM
Perhaps getting in a box and put on the ""2Q" plane to Santo Domingo? Nah, they would send him back and there probably won't be a pressurized area for the cargo. 2Q is the airline code for a cargo flight. And being boxed does not count as a passenger flight.

Flightaware also has the Seaborne flight SJU to STI as cancelled:

But maybe, just maybe, this "airline" has a flight today and it is possible to parachute in undetected:

Status
Not open for further replies.