When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

austriaco

Mar 16, 2020
True but you can’t overstay. Thats a big problem there when you leave the country or if they find out. They know where the tourists are. They register you at the hotel or the casa you rent. They would be capable of tracing just with old tech methods. I think they will have the upper hand in this with European and Canadian tourism.
Are you sure others are not tracing their tourists as well? In many European countries tourists are registered even on camp grounds. In the DR you have to give the adress in the form too. Hell, I was even almost refused entry to US in Miami because I did only give the hotel name. I said I need to look it up in my mobil and the officer said its forbidden to switch my mobil on and that he has to deny me entry...guess everyone paranoid about Cuba while everyone else does it too and maybe worse (tracking via mobil is not possible in Cuba as there is no mobile roaming..)

of course in DR no one reads the forms. I tested it in writing once some nonsense in the form. No one asked. Not recommended to do that in Cuba or US...

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's Fauci being interviewed in the UK press
He is saying the US borders will remain closed for months more probably
He specifically mentions Brits - in the British press - but it reads as if the US will continue to be closed for quite a while
================================

British holidaymakers can expect to be banned from travelling to the United States for months under coronavirus restrictions, according to America's most prominent public health official.

In an interview with The Telegraph, Dr Anthony Fauci, a leading member of the White House Coronavirus Task Force, said the ban could last until a vaccine is developed, although it may be before that. He said lifting it would be "more likely months than weeks."

Around 3.8 million Britons visit the United States in a normal year, to holiday destinations including New York, Los Angeles, Florida and Las Vegas. The travel ban was ordered by Donald Trump In March. There are some exceptions, including green card holders, those with American spouses, and UK government officials, but the vast majority of British citizens are effectively barred. Bans are also in place for the European Union, China, and Brazil.

Dr Fauci, America’s top infectious disease expert, said: "It's going to be really wait and see. I don't think there's going to be an immediate pull back for those kinds of restrictions. My feeling, looking at what's going on with the infection rate, I think it's more likely measured in months rather than weeks."

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
Are you sure others are not tracing their tourists as well? In many European countries tourists are registered even on camp grounds. In the DR you have to give the adress in the form too. Hell, I was even almost refused entry to US in Miami because I did only give the hotel name. I said I need to look it up in my mobil and the officer said its forbidden to switch my mobil on and that he has to deny me entry...guess everyone paranoid about Cuba while everyone else does it too and maybe worse (tracking via mobil is not possible in Cuba as there is no mobile roaming..)

of course in DR no one reads the forms. I tested it in writing once some nonsense in the form. No one asked. Not recommended to do that in Cuba or US...
Funny you mentioned testing the forms in DR, I've done it too. :LOL: Recently when filling it out for my son, under occupation I wrote "ballbuster" and it was stamped, so I tell him, it's official per the Dominican government.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Deal HD

habi

Oct 17, 2015
Cuba is opening its airports not before August 1, maybe later.

Tell me again what does Cuba - where it is forbidden to fly till at least August - have to do with Condors decision not to fly to RD opening july 1?

I don't know about Mexico but seems has many more cases then DR.

at least the European tourists are not going to Cuba instead, but that was known before as Cuba is closed this summer.

What it has to do with Cuba? The same like all the country's which are tourist destination and are strugeling to find out how it will be posible to open for travel again!
Condor moving the flights to September (yes also Cuba, even acording to you they would open 1. of August) is in my opinion not "giving up on the DR"...
The bigger question anyway would be if Condor still is existing in September after LOT did cancel the takeover....
Just my 2 Pesos... ;);)

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Funny you mentioned testing the forms in DR, I've done it too. :LOL: Recently when filling it out for my son, under occupation I wrote "ballbuster" and it was stamped, so I tell him, it's official per the Dominican government.
I have filled them in so quickly standing in the line that no one possible could read it.

• Haha
Reactions: MarJD and Africaida

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I wonder how the airlines are booking flights for independent tourists, non Dominican nationals. Maybe they'll get a chip in you.

I thought the model was restricted to AI style where they can bus you in and out
Same as always, just book it. I'm using credits so I'm not out any cash. Pain in the ass rescheduling around the airlines though. Looks like both WestJet and air Canada are delaying until August

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
I wonder how the airlines are booking flights for independent tourists, non Dominican nationals. Maybe they'll get a chip in you.

I thought the model was restricted to AI style where they can bus you in and out
Its not known yet as the government hasn’t said anything. I have not heard anything. People book and are hoping that in July the DR will be open for visitors.

aarhus

Jun 10, 2008
Same as always, just book it. I'm using credits so I'm not out any cash. Pain in the ass rescheduling around the airlines though. Looks like both WestJet and air Canada are delaying until August
Maybe they are delaying because of the continued uncertainty as nothing has been said about July yet. A Miami flight may have enough citizens booking to be able to fly. Just speculating.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
1592162735986.png

Status
Not open for further replies.