When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The State of Epidemic protocol still calls for the curfew now in place.

Have fun on your holiday😂
I do not see the wording that prevents people from being out from 8PM to 5AM, just that many businesses cannot be open during those hours.
Why do you see it as a "curfew"?

Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No it's not a curfew!
No business allowed between 8 pm and 5 am but with the exeption of hotels, restaurants and some others...

suspensión de las actividades económicas, sociales y recreativas desde las 8:00 p.m. hasta las 5:00 a.m. todos los días de la semana, con la excepción de las siguientes actividades:
6. Los servicios de hotelería y otros lugares de hospedaje, así como los servicios de restaurantes y otros lugares de comida, siempre en cumplimiento de los protocolos establecidos para las actividades turísticas y culinarias.

Correct, it is not a curfew. So restaurants can be open any time if I read this correctly?

What is the legal requirement for mask usage in general in the "Pandemic State"?

Is mask usage required while eating in a restaurant?

Reactions: Caonabo

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Looks like EU is banning US travellers as per news this morning...will others countries follow same path... Pence cancels florida rally.. should DR ban Temporarily US travellers to protect itself?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Perspective..

Attachments

• 74A39017-5269-4CE2-85E3-F1252ECF6BFD.png
    74A39017-5269-4CE2-85E3-F1252ECF6BFD.png
    736.9 KB · Views: 130

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Why did you include NY?
Because most people consider NY to be the hot bed of CV19 in the US. And someone singled out FL and a few other states and not NY with regard to those who should be allowed into the DR. I it is not like the DR will block people from certain states from entering anyway.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Correct, it is not a curfew. So restaurants can be open any time if I read this correctly?

What is the legal requirement for mask usage in general in the "Pandemic State"?

Is mask usage required while eating in a restaurant?
In the newer declaration from the health minister, I see that restaurants are also still banned except for "delivery" , which might also mean "take out".
Very poorly written document. Mask usage required in churches, so I guess I will never need a mask?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
If it was me deciding on the issue of banning US flights arriving in the RD at the moment I would not allow it. If they do I fear it will be a big mistake for the RD. After the year they had last year they cannot afford another scandal to hit the media.It would be a big risk to the population of RD and it's tourism industry to be importing covid19 from the world epicentre of Covid19, the USA

Reactions: GusFring

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Earth to the folks in this post ... USA makes up 75% of the tourist that come to DR..... That's why it is permitted ....
Makes it even more worrying. I was thinking of coming back in November, but i'll wait and see how things go once the RD opens up to Covi19 central ie the USA

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Airports will open.....but no plans yet !!?

How will things work.... any protocols?
Wait for elections to be over before any new news ...now its purely political game...only thing changed for now no curfew on people movement everything also still in play ..no restaurant no beach mask mandatory...

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
Me too movement.. ;) 6.5 million tourist 2.7 million us ...ok around 40%
It would be relatively higher from US now as most flights scheduled are from the US. Maybe now around 75% or more but normally or before the 40%. But the DR needs tourists from the US, Europe and Lat Am. Best to think long term. The US media will not hesitate to call the DR the epicenter of Covid in the Caribbean.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Does anyone know if the beaches are open again? That's what all my Dominican friends are telling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.