When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Canada also has not tested anywhere near as many people as the U.S. Granted much smaller population but the more people you test the more positives (and negatives) you will find.
Canada has tested 71,000/million and the US has tested 99,000/million. If you account for size, Canada would have about 2000 cases per day whereas the US is closing in on 40,000 per day.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I don't think that the RD is in the same boat as the US if your comparing the virus
It is hard to compare the 2 countries but it looks like the US is testing 7X as many people per million than the DR. The US has 3X the infections per million. What that all means is hard to say but you could make a case either way as to which country in reality has the most covid.

Reactions: austriaco

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Can you read? China is not mentioned in the initial thread nor my post. Get some glasses. China and Canada are NOT the same country.

I thought you were using the US excuse for the number of cases they have is due to the amount of test they have carried out. The China figures blow that out of the water.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
It is hard to compare the 2 countries but it looks like the US is testing 7X as many people per million than the DR. The US has 3X the infections per million. What that all means is hard to say but you could make a case either way as to which country in reality has the most covid.
I hail from the UK we have the highest number in the G7 that's because we made a mess of containing the virus, just like the US is now doing, but they have reopened ahead of us are are suffering the consequences, we are about to follow in the US footsteps by reopening with 3000 new cases a day, watch the disaster unfold in the UK

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I thought you were using the US excuse for the number of cases they have is due to the amount of test they have carried out. The China figures blow that out of the water.

Well, in regards to that since symptoms often don't show I would contend, yes the more you test the more positives you will find.

Reactions: 1greasy

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I hail from the UK we have the highest number in the G7 that's because we made a mess of containing the virus, just like the US is now doing, but they have reopened ahead of us are are suffering the consequences, we are about to follow in the US footsteps by reopening with 3000 new cases a day, watch the disaster unfold in the UK

We are already seeing many more cases in Florida and still with less deaths. OPEN EVERYTHING, keep elderly and those with pre-existing conditions safe and let the world go on living.

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
like I've said before, at the risk of attracting the ire of some, the healthy shouldn't have to isolate. Quarantine should be for the sick and those in high risk group. The rest that have things to do and places to go should continue like it's 1999.
Damn right! If your in your 20's or 30's or 40's the chances of you getting sick or dying from this are less that dying in a car crash why the hell would everyone be treated different if you dont come in contact with anyone older????? So stupid.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
The UK is second worldwide only to Belgium in the stat of death/million population.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
For Canadians who are planning on staying for a while, all is good. For a Canadian who is staying for a week or two...the 14 day self quarantine is still in effect. Is this still true and what is the status of EU/USA travelers upon return?

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
The UK is second worldwide only to Belgium in the stat of death/million population.
In belgium they count all the cases of death above the average for this time of year if we did that in the UK the office for national statistics say we have 65000 deaths rather than the 44000 "government official" figures that would take us well above Belgium. Most people in the UK believe the office for national statistics version. The government have failed us badly.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
As far as quantifying the results

HUGE %'s are people dying in nursing homes.... like 30-40% of the deaths
So basically, you cut the numbers waaay down....

Not that much of a panic - as published....

CynthiaCom

Nov 22, 2019
Hey guys I am looking for some credible information as to when the Dom Rep will open again for incoming International flights? I have heard April 3rd, April 15, May 31 and beyond. Does anyone have any insight into this?
Hello. Hope you are well. The borders will officially open on the 5th of July, and tourism (hotels, restaurants) open on July, 1st.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
For Canadians who are planning on staying for a while, all is good. For a Canadian who is staying for a week or two...the 14 day self quarantine is still in effect. Is this still true and what is the status of EU/USA travelers upon return?

Here is an update

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
People are getting the virus just like they get influenza and sadly some will die. those susceptible should take the correct precautions. The WORLD and world travel should not be shut down - Article about increased cases with decreased deaths in Fl. USA.
You should be the advisor to the EU on all things world travel.

You can convince them to allow any US citizen entry of their borders since your argument is that convincing🤥

Brendan Hubley

Dame luz vecino
Apr 30, 2020
Canada / Villa Liberacion
I received an email from American Airlines today asking me if I still wanted to fly from MIA to POP. I've had this flight booked with them since early June. Is this standard practice for AA? Never received that type of email from Westjet or Air Canada.

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este

You can convince them to allow any US citizen entry of their borders since your argument is that convincing🤥
You make a fair point albeit engulfed in sarcasm. I take it that your objection to international travel is the risk of spreading a potentially mortal virus. I sympathize. In fact lets bring it up a few notches. Why don't we ban cars, bikes, trains, boats, walking, sports and any other activity that can "potentially" end in death. Lets not forget to ban breathing because if you breathe long enough you will certainly die. Sounds absurd? For context total world reported covid19 death to date 507,523. If the mortality rate stay the same, the total death of covid for 2020 will be ~1.1 million. World wide vehicle related death for 2019 was ~1.35 million .

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

Yea, the W.H.O. has done such a great job and the United Nations can Screw up a *** dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.