When will DR open for International travel??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A country that has a population of less than 40 million has tested 71 million?? These numbers don't add up.
Canada has tested 72,115 per million, and the USA has tested 100,312 per millions, the UK, 136, 852 per million. They are just numbers, f Canada hasn't tested extensively because they haven't had much covid. My mother lives in Kamloops a city of approx 100, 000 . They have had less than 70 cases and no deaths.

MarJD

Aug 29, 2012
Canada has tested 72,115 per million, and the USA has tested 100,312 per millions, the UK, 136, 852 per million. They are just numbers, f Canada hasn't tested extensively because they haven't had much covid. My mother lives in Kamloops a city of approx 100, 000 . They have had less than 70 cases and no deaths.
Thanks for the clarification. That makes more sense

Reactions: scot_tosh

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
American Airlines, “very excited” to resume flights to the DR on July 7

from today's Senate hearings

Dr. Fauci also said school administrators should take into account virus activity in their areas when they consider reopening plans for the fall. And Dr. Redfield also took a pointed shot at American Airlines, expressing disappointment that the air carrier has begun selling middle seats on its flights. But vaccines appeared to be a major concern.

Reactions: scot_tosh

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Vaccines are a major concern. Will one that works even be possible?
I don't think there has been a vaccine for a coronavirus before. But the good thing is that the rich countries have been affected badly by this one so are pumping money and expertise into search for a vaccine, so hopefully we can find one that works, or get better at treating the disease. Hope so my lungs are a mess so need to stay free of this nasty virus.

TropicalPaul

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
I am confused. Today the EU published a list of countries that they will allow non-essential travel to and from. DR was not on that list. But Iberia is still showing their flight as confirmed for 2nd July from Madrid. Can we assume that the EU ban means that route is likely to be cancelled? Britain is announcing its own list of safe countries tomorrow (Wednesday 1st July) and as the UK is no longer in the EU, it will be a different list.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
We aren't testing much in Nova Scotia because we just had 16 days in a row of 0 new cases. Not much reason to test until the borders open up.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
just looked at fares from tampa to pop and was paying almost 800 round trip now 8/4 to 8/27 is down to 290. they are obscene . shows why airlines made so much money last year. such a rip off

Reactions: LaVerdadera

HDR

Nov 21, 2012
I am confused. Today the EU published a list of countries that they will allow non-essential travel to and from. DR was not on that list. But Iberia is still showing their flight as confirmed for 2nd July from Madrid. Can we assume that the EU ban means that route is likely to be cancelled? Britain is announcing its own list of safe countries tomorrow (Wednesday 1st July) and as the UK is no longer in the EU, it will be a different list.
What list? Source

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

Ottawa had it's first day with 0 reported new cases and 0 deaths. First time since this whole thing started.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
just looked at fares from tampa to pop and was paying almost 800 round trip now 8/4 to 8/27 is down to 290. they are obscene . shows why airlines made so much money last year. such a rip off
Nope. Apples to orange data. Check airline prices, to anywhere you want to go.Check one month out and check 3days out . You will find the kind of price difference you stated in your post.

Reactions: Mr Deal HD

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
For all the nut 🥥 crunchers here (and there are many), let us look at this.....
The EU is not accepting visitors from the US of A, BUT EU citizens can travel to RD, where they will perhaps be in close proximity to those from the US of A, who the RD will be accepting.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
For all the nut 🥥 crunchers here (and there are many), let us look at this.....
The EU is not accepting visitors from the US of A, BUT EU citizens can travel to RD, where they will perhaps be in close proximity to those from the US of A, who the RD will be accepting.
Tui are not flying from the UK until November, I was thinking of coming back then, but i'll wait and see how things pan out

Island Treats

Sep 5, 2003
SOSUALIVING.COM
Hey guys I am looking for some credible information as to when the Dom Rep will open again for incoming International flights? I have heard April 3rd, April 15, May 31 and beyond. Does anyone have any insight into this?
This is June 30 and I don't know how this thread was side tracked with a lot of yacky yack to the present date ! Excuse the grammar but is it is or is it ain't gonna reopen soon? I had predicted July 7th awhile back. Ya veremos !

Scott18684

Jun 10, 2018
This is June 30 and I don't know how this thread was side tracked with a lot of to the present date! Excuse the grammar but is it is or is it ain't gonna reopen soon? I had predicted July 7th awhile back.
Yeah seriously!!! CAN EVERYONE SHUT UP about the stupid corona virus statistics go to a different thread I'm trying to find out info on travel.....I have a flight from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago July 2nd......are the airports opening??? Is anyone traveling to DR tomorrow?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Yeah seriously!!! CAN EVERYONE SHUT UP about the stupid corona virus statistics go to a different thread I'm trying to find out info on travel.....I have a flight from Ft Lauderdale to Santiago July 2nd......are the airports opening??? Is anyone traveling to DR tomorrow?
Hey everybody, remain seated and stay calm. This guy has a connecting flight to catch to his JustMe meeting. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.