Where not to live on the North Coast

C

Caonabo

Mods, isn't there enough of these threads with the exact same information over and over and over again.

Why are these allowed? I know nothing says I have to read the threads but this forum is nothing more than a recycled toilet at this point.

"I know nothing says I have to read the threads"

BINGO!

W

william webster

Well-----------
I have to agree that the repetitiveness is aggravating...and frequent

and those who don't read the whole thread and then make a redundant post ----inadvertently, but still.

C

cruzan1

So it has come to my attention after 15 years of living in DR. There are local fb sites that are deleting posts that are not 100% with respect to status quo. For acampe in Cabarete there are places that newbies should be aware of. Callejon de la Loma, La Cienaga, barrio blanco etc. These are drug, whore and crime centers. Folks searching for economic places to live deserve to see this side of the commentary.

This was posted and deleted on the FB groups... is there a serious question attached or are is this post just trolling for a bit of attention? It should be quite obvious to anyone who has been here for 15 years or 15 minutes that there are areas which support higher levels of crime than others.

C

ctrob

While yous guys bicker about the appropriateness of repetitive verbiage, my serious question about Playa Encuentro is ignored like a Red Headed Stepchild.

Oh, the humanity.

L

ljmesg

While yous guys bicker about the appropriateness of repetitive verbiage, my serious question about Playa Encuentro is ignored like a Red Headed Stepchild.

Oh, the humanity.
Do a search. Endless threads and information on Playa Encuentro. Sheesh.

D

Derfish

So it has come to my attention after 15 years of living in DR. There are local fb sites that are deleting posts that are not 100% with respect to status quo. For acampe in Cabarete there are places that newbies should be aware of. Callejon de la Loma, La Cienaga, barrio blanco etc. These are drug, whore and crime centers. Folks searching for economic places to live deserve to see this side of the commentary.

So take this up with fb, it is not our problem what farcebook does!

S

SNH

Basically, you are saying the barrios where Dominicans and Haitians live. I know plenty of gringos who live in Callejon de la Loma.

Exactly!!! Probably half of Callejon is gringos. especially the Norwegian and european types. I lived in Callejon for a few months years ago was the most fun I had living in anywhere in Cabarete. Used to have the best deals on food and places to eat D'chinos . And was full of gringos at night, the family owned chicken place on the corner. Vodoo lounge when it was open plus many more. Not to mention Bliss one of the nicest and best restaurants in cab.

Not to mention only place in cab with private helipad.

H

Harleysrock

Calle Jon is awesome, my wife lived there for a while and loved it.
I hate it when gringos think it's dangerous to live in Barrios and have to be all gated up.

Wherever you are make sure you have more security measures in place than your neighbors and I am sure will be fine...

It is annoying that people don't warn others of crime/Robbery in their area. It is incredibly sad people care more about their real estate than people's safety.

Personally I would not live in a gated community.

H

Harleysrock

I hear they killing folks over in Mulata. Better advice is careful who you hook up with

I know it's hard to believe in a random act because it will scare people but that would be the latest case up in la Mulata.

These guys have been robbing people all over the area in Sosua and Cab and they admitted it was random. Other Gringos have said in 2 other instances that they are the same people who robbed them as well.

Nice try with the gossip though.