Where to buy antidecubitus mattress?

Tibu

Mar 19, 2002
Hi all,
a friend of mine is in very bad condition. He hasn't been out of bed for months (except when I brought him to the hospital).
I will be in SD on Monday and would like to buy a antidecubitus mattress. Any hints where I could find such a thing?
Best regards
Tibu

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Hi all,
a friend of mine is in very bad condition. He hasn't been out of bed for months (except when I brought him to the hospital).
I will be in SD on Monday and would like to buy a antidecubitus mattress. Any hints where I could find such a thing?
There is a chain of surgical supply stores here. Farmaconal. I don't know where they are in the capitol, but you should be able to find what you need.

Aug 21, 2007
I am sure the store in Puerto Plata near the Metro could order one for you. Or in HOMS there is a surgical supply store. I bet they could get you one, too. I have a friend who is a doctor in the hospital here in Jamao. When I see him, I'll ask.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
You should also see if you can get your hands on waterless shampoo and body cleanser. The first one is a liquid type that is left to dry in the hair after massaging the shampoo. The second one usually comes as a foam and that too is left on the body to evaporate. I always wondered how hospitals went about cleaning patients that are bed ridden or how often. With these they can be used on a daily basis, though who will do that for them is another issue. It's certainly better than a damp cloth that is rubbed on the body from time to time. As waterless suggest, no need to use water or rinse it off.

Last edited:

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
You can order these mattress topper pads off Amazon with alternating pressure pump for less than $100 US

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
You should also see if you can get your hands on waterless shampoo and body cleanser. The first one is a liquid type that is left to dry in the hair after massaging the shampoo. The second one usually comes as a foam and that too is left on the body to evaporate. I always wondered how hospitals went about cleaning patients that are bed ridden or how often. With these they can be used on a daily basis, though who will do that for them is another issue. It's certainly better than a damp cloth that is rubbed on the body from time to time. As waterless suggest, no need to use water or rinse it off.

My mom used that for the last year of her life. They were not allowing beauticians in the assisted living facility due to the Wuhan Flu. She was a fanatic about her hair and it was a lifesaver for her.