Where to eat in bavaro cortecito

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I agree, forget the Guys in Lederhosen, the Gals are enough for US, he he.
Robbie,
the Balicana always been open for Lunch, even I once read a Posting somewhere it would be open only for Dinner, but that not been the case.
at the old Place they always opened for Lunch til 3PM and then reopened for Dinner at 7PM.
if You pass by there Today let us know if they are open Sundays and what are their opening hours.
I will be this afternoon on the other Side of Bavaro to bring the mrs to school at 2PM, but will def give 'em an other Visit Soon, I love their Food and the location at the Pool at Los Corales is great.

Happy Sunday
Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Mike, Balicana definitely stopped doing lunches for few months ago, much to our disappointment - it was our top Saturday lunch spot. I've even discussed this with the owners and they've been non-committal so I'm waiting to hear what they've decided. One possibility was to open for lunch only on Saturdays. Their Facebook page has updated the address but still has the opening times as "Mon-Sat 6:00-11:00".

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
No Sundays

Well they arent open for lunch, nor are they open Sundays.
No word I can see when that will change, I didnt get to stop there but my friend who lives right there told me. I am there every day so I can check on dinner hours tomorrow. I'd like to have some dinner there so I will find out.
I'll make a point of stopping in tomorrow, I was just to lazy today and headed straight for the beach.

Reactions: Chirimoya

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Here is the photo of new location for Balicana (Villas Los Corales):

old-balicana.JPG

Milos that was me leaving the Bambu bar today, with the white dress on, I said bye to Rico, when you were talking to Rico.I was going to introduce myself but i didnt want to interrupt you. Next time.:bunny:

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
balicana

I just had dinner at Balicana, omg it was soooooo good.
They are playing it "low key" right now, just keeping dinner and "maybe" opening for lunch again around January.
My curry was so good, I cannot say enough about this little place tucked away in Los Corales. If you are in the area of Punta cana its worth it.:lick:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Milos that was me leaving the Bambu bar today, with the white dress on, I said bye to Rico, when you were talking to Rico.I was going to introduce myself but i didnt want to interrupt you. Next time.:bunny:

Robbie in a white dress??? I thought you were a guy!:cheeky:

AE

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Robbie in a white dress??? I thought you were a guy!:cheeky:

AE
LOL Guess not! robbie is my nickname....roberta is my name and you can accentuate it, dominicans love that, just a short form for the forum;)
Chiri, I didnt realize how good this place was, and the atmosphere by the pool is awesome.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
ha ha,
I always have Sauerkraut here at home in the Fridge, Milosh, lol.
and right, as One Spot Plaza de Brisas is a very good Place for good Food, and on the right Front of Plaza de Brisas is also the Place named "Bitburger", run by Ricardo, the Spaniard who speaks perfectly so many Languages, their Schnitzel are Top Notch, too and for just around 240 Pesos for a large Plate and Fries and Salad.
and it is nice that some of those Places compete to each others also on the Rates, an example is the "Schweinebraten", been at Globalia Plaza at the Berlin Store around 250 Pesos for the very large Plate, but then the Beergarden Shop at Plaza de Brisas opened adn had it for around 170-180 Pesos, since then at Berlin it is also just 175 Pesos for the same Plate.
let those germans Compete and give Us Customers great Rates, all the above mentioned Places provide very good Food and very reasonable Rates for top Quality.
correct, the Chef at Balicana is Your mentioned Colombian Guy, he is well travelled and His cousine contains quiet a large variation of Intl Foods and Preparations.

Mike

moira11

Jan 4, 2011
Jesus Que Tapas, a restaurant in El Dorado Plaza, very slow service, always is missing something, they have only one chicken brests, others are frozen, can not accept credit cards as the guy is not there, also they have elevated prices, and people are smoking inside.
Lets start from El Cortecito:
Photo Bar, nice food, little expensive, on the beach
next to photo bar, dominican food, comedor, 100 pesos a plate (for workers)
Captain Cook, Sea food restaurant
Plaza Nautica, French restaurant
Plaza Globalia, German minimarket, bar, restaurant (not expensive, good food)
Minimarket Alex, in Plaza Bavaro Sun Beach, you can order by phone a sandwich, french fries and coke (coca cola) for 100 pesos, hamburger for 140 and plate of food (rise and beans with meet) for 150 pesos, delivery free
Infront of Plaza Artistica, a fruit shop.
El Dorado: Bakery, Jesus whatever, and Danny's Bar (burgers, different food in the night). El Dorado needs to do better maintenance of the residential. We moved the office out.
There is a supermarket Chiccolella, (in El Dorado) and in El Cortecito another one.
Then in Los Corales:
Hurricane Cafe, Bamboo bar and Soles bar (all three on the beach), Thai restaurant Balicana, and D'Angelo pizza place. In the building Las Piratas also another Pizza.
In the Plaza Sol Caribe (after El Dorado) a new arabic fast food (never been inside).
Have I missed something?
Mike Fisher?
Would most of these restaurants still be around? We'll be staying at the White Sands resort for a month...wondering best restaurants, and supermarket in area. We have no problem walking to/fro a good 30 minutes each way.

Thanks!

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic
Ok....forget Bigburger in Plaza Brisas!
Was there this weekend and there is another cook (the owner, Frenchman, isn't interested in cooking anymore as it looks, only interested in parking his X5 as close as possible (in) to the restaurant). I had the Schnitzel (Escalope) Aleman which comes with a mushroom-sauce...well...there were white pieces in and the taste wasn't that good at all; french fries with more grease than the chain of my motorcycle! Service is the same; girls with their asses faced to the customers and are not interested at all (so the tip was equal to their attention...zero)!
Last time for me!
It's a pity Rene and Ricardo sold the joint; when they had the place it was the best, now it's another dump!:(

tequila

Oct 24, 2008
Where to eat...

We have gone to Sollo Pollo in Las Brisas (located by Big burger). Great value for your money. 4 of us went and the total bill came to 1450 pesos. Rotisserie chicken with your choice of sides.

Does anyone know what has happened to Photo Bar? This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. We have been twice over the last month with not so great results...service is mediocre, food has gone downhill or it isn't available on that night...are they moving away from the "restaurant" part and going more to a lounge style?

Our favorite is Outside In Restaurant in Plaza Josefa (see post on "new restaurant in Punta Cana). You can eat quite reasonably there as well.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Solo Pollo is a good place, yes, very tasty chickens there.
I agree on the Foto Bar, it's been a while that we did not even try to go there because the last Times, always during the afternoons, the Staff seemed to be bothered by the Presence of Guests at that Time, Service was super slow on the lowest level, twice the Beers been completely warm, for the high rates they ask for they would need to improve service 3 classes up.
maybe they only want evening Customers, but then they would better stay closed during the Days instead of providing lowest Service with their Doors open.
due those experiences there during the Days we did not return for any evening event neither.
when they firstly opened I really liked the Place.
Tequila,
which one is Plaza Josefa?
the last 2 years they open Plazas at every Place, hard to keep track with all the different Names, lol.

Mike