Where to find US style whole milk (gallon)

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Hi,

I added this asked this late in the grocery thread, but it got missed by many, so I thought I would ask again.

Has anyone found any place in Santo Domingo that sells USA style regular milk (and or 2% or 1%), ie mcarthur milk, in gallon form? The only whole milk I found is Rica whole milk, and no one here at the house likes it.

I never get to buy any cereal here, because the milk here is crap.

Thanks.

In another manner, "Got Milk?" (from the American commercial slogan). :)

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I hate the milk here too, only one i buy is this, at pricesmart and at good price

More healty and amazig taste vs the milk they have here!

na2a3abe.jpg

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I wish Pricesmart would sell the silk chocolate milk... In the grocery store where they have it the prices are ridiculous... 150 for 1litter! For 300 i buy 4litter of the regular Silk milk.

tcast305

Jul 17, 2009
image_9686.jpg

If you have tried this and do not like it then you are SOL. That is as close as youll find to regular u.s. style milk here. Its actual milk, not that UHT crap that doesnt require refrigeration.

Im assuming you're new to the DR.. I was a serious milk drinker in the U.S. and pretty much had to give up the stuff here. The milk pictured above is actually very very close to u.s. quality milk. Only problem is finding it to actually be fresh..... ive had a few that were sour in the past 16 yrs...

Nope not new, I've been living here in over 5 years.

Yes that's the one that I've bought several times. I've not a big milk person, however do miss having a good bowl of cereal with US milk. Also reason I bring it up if my sister is staying with us now, and she is a big milk drinker and I got her that milk (rica) and wasn't a fan of it.

I've also had the issue as you that it wasn't fresh even thought it was well within the expiration date. I twice spoiled as well.

Thanks everyone for your help.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Some things are just not obtainable in the DR. Milk as it is found in the US is one of those things. If it gives one any solace, humans are the only animals that drink milk after they are weaned. It is an anomaly in the animal world. I just mix up some skim milk as needed and live with that.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I wish Pricesmart would sell the silk chocolate milk... In the grocery store where they have it the prices are ridiculous... 150 for 1litter! For 300 i buy 4litter of the regular Silk milk.
75 pesos for silk almond milk? It's time I start returning to pricesmart. I think bravo sells the silk almond milk for more than 100 pesos per liter.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
75 pesos for silk almond milk? It's time I start returning to pricesmart. I think bravo sells the silk almond milk for more than 100 pesos per liter.

Almost Everything is cheaper at pricesmart, i only go in groceries for stuff i cant find there!

I even think its cheaper then that, maybe 259 or 279.

I bought a big jar of nutella the other day... 399, i look at Nacional the other day, it was 400 for the small one!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Go to bravo, the red container that says MILK on it is US milk...I'm from NY, I know..LOL..there are 2 other brands as well and the listamilk is fine too...As for a 1/2 or 1 Gal jugs, never...lucky they have juice in those sizes..Overall, you have 3 brands that are or taste the same as US...Believe me, I need to have my cereal in the Morning, so goat milk never did it for me or whatever that other stuff is...But hey, surprised to find Fruity Pebbles, Honeycomb, Sugar Smacks here..and the prices are not bad at all..FP is only 175 pesos, even cheaper than Corn Flakes, should sell for 300 pesos just like the other popular brands, but don't tell them that..

Hit Bravo, either store...One is on Nunez across from the park, the other just down the road from Serina, and National has it too..The one in the red carton, MILK smack on the front...Or again, Listsmilk, blue/white, most popular here I think, taste great...Do the oreo test, that there is the sure way..LOL

Ant

JAJAJA..

Thought I would ask incase someone knew of a place in SD, but I guess its not available.

Thanks.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
I tryed the listamill that you said and i have no idea how you can compare it to regular milk.

Unless the milk in the usa doesnt take like in Canada...lol, But i have tryed all the milk they sell in the grocery store and and for me, they where all disgusting and nothing comparable to what i was drinking before!

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
I would opine that the OP probably would not like
freshly gotten milk from the campo, since the taste buds
have already been adulterated by hormones treated cows.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Drink "ANYTHING" long enough, and you can get "used" to it.
50 million "Budwiezer" beer drinkers prove THAT!!!!
When I was around 2, or 3 years old, I used to "Help" my Grandpa milk his cows.
He "Milked", while the "Barn Cats" ,and I,sat on the ground in a semi-circle beside him.
Every once-in-a-while he would give each of us a "Squirt".
I can't get that FRESH milk anymore, so everything else is just a "White Liquid" to me!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Wow"!
As I went back and read my post, my eyes began to burn, welled up with tears,and I am crying!!!
I guess I still,
"Miss My Grandpa"!!!! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Looks like 60 years isn't as long as I thought!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
My kids too will only drink Dos Pinas Leche Entera. We went through almost every brand and they hated it all, started refusing cereal. Then Bertania bought that and put it on my son's cereal one morning and he said "Mommy! You brought us milk from New York!!!"

Before that whenever I went to NYC, I'd buy 2 gallons and freeze them and put them in my suitcase but they drank it in like 2 days sothat didn't work.

SHALENA

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
I got back not too long ago from shopping at Bravo(SD) and found leche fresca entera(fresh whole milk)Had me a glass and it's so good! It tastes better than the one sold in the states.Found it next to where the imported cheeses are sold.

32 ounce plastic container: 79.56 pesos