Where to purchase a folding exercise bike in DR

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Please confine your comments to this topic only. I truly don't need to know the community's thoughts on the relative merits of joining a gym vs. home exercise; why your mother-in-law doesn't recommend bike exercise; how it affects the GNP; or whether or not to serve beans with it.

I am investigating the purchase of a folding exercise bike. I have found several that look promising on Amazon, but the shipping will murder me, as the lightest I can find for the type I want hovers around 43-38 lbs. The one I'm leaning towards, which has the features/size/bells&whistles I want, is brand-name KEPANE and it runs around US$170. I use EPS in Sosua for shipping and I am delighted with their service, but 38 pounds would be outrageously costly.

I am investigating freight options, but for one item, I doubt it is feasible.

Although I live on the North Coast, I would travel to the Capital (albeit reluctantly) if there is such a thing as a sporting goods store/department store that has equipment not made out of cheese. My price range in dollars is +/-$200.

Thanking you in advance for your insight and forbearance.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I don’t know the cost with EPS, but if you get me the size of the box and the weight I can ask my mundanza guy what it would cost. Probably take 4-5 weeks by boat.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
At the risk of being scolded for a small tangent, shipping might not be impossible if you investigate using a mudanza.

Many of them will accept shipment from vendors li

ke Amazon and include the item in a larger cargo via ship. Weight is not the criterion for cost. They charge per box or item.

AlterEgo and her husband use them to send donated baseball equipment to the DR along with other items for their stays.

I have seen prices around $65 dollars for a box mentioned for cost. If the bike on Amazon is around $135, that fits your budget.

Supposedly it takes 6 weeks and they deliver to your home.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Faster than that this time of year

Meems.. look at the 'post your mudanza thread
Shouldn't be more than $50-60

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Meems, have you tried looking at Corotos or Facebook marketplace? There are literally hundreds of them for sale on both. Here in San Cristobal there's over 50 for sale, all slightly used. Santo Domingo must have thousands.

The exercise bike I bought only cost me 75 dollars and I used it to hold lots of boxes and other stuff for years before I finally sold it.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014
Meems, have you tried looking at Corotos or Facebook marketplace? There are literally hundreds of them for sale on both. Here in San Cristobal there's over 50 for sale, all slightly used. Santo Domingo must have thousands.

The exercise bike I bought only cost me 75 dollars and I used it to hold lots of boxes and other stuff for years before I finally sold it.:rolleyes:
I did not know about this. Thank you!

• Love
Reactions: JD Jones

Meemselle

Just A Few Words
Oct 27, 2014