Where would you live if you had your time over again?

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
the people in the valleys are always looking at the mountaintops and the people on the mountaintops are always looking at the people in the valley, grass is always greener......also, it's lonely at the top..........

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
I can see the Caribbean from my house. I'm always looking at the sea birds riding the thermals.

Mountains and cow shyt are nice.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Hola all, I am new to this site and not shure how all works.
I am disapointed Matilda that you are not satified with your choice of Juan Dolio as I am considering to follow in your foot steps.

Can I PM you. If I can figure out how this works ?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
We just had a nice ride from Santiago through Tamboril and San Victor on our way to Moca. This is a very pretty area close to the foothills of the Northern mountains(Sierra de Montecristi). I understand property is still relatively cheap in the foothills and things aren't too far away like good stores and hospitals. Also, since there are very few tourists being white won't necessarily mean people will assume you are a foreigner and most of the time one can go about being unnoticed. Best of all the people are super friendly. Finally, I would expect for RD2-2.5M one could build an at least 2000sf house with well water incl.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
im a city boy

I live in Santo Domingo, so I guess if I could do over, it would be;

Panama-city
Brazil-RIO
Columbia-Bogota-Medellin
Chile-Santiago
Uruguay-Montevideo
El Salvador- San Salvador
Maybe somewhere in Equador

carib

Jul 16, 2002
north coast

I would stay on the north coast... and would never again consider Punta Cana!
Why, come live here for a few years... then you will not have to ask
carib

Mar 1, 2009
I love the street our house is on. The neighborhood in el 7 y medio is in the perfect location. However the temptation to live in the mountains is huge. Cleaner, quieter and healthier.MMMHHHhmmmm.