whipped cream - need advice

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
cream cold, bowl normal, sugar and vanilla added straigt away. was that a no no?

If straight away means before whipping yes that is wrong. There should be absolutely nothing in the bowl except the cream and the beater. After it has formed the peaks then add some sugar. I've never added the vanilla though. Watch the video again, the cute guy says to add sugar and vanilla after he has whipped the cream ;)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
but this cutie in the video put both sugar and vanilla straigh into cream!
now is iz very confuzed :ermm:
(beats her head on the table)
another thing is that crema de leche is thick as butter as it is, methought cream for beating should be liquid, no?
(beats her head on the table again and cries)

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
another thing is that crema de leche is thick as butter as it is, methought cream for beating should be liquid, no?

Did you see containers of crema para batir? I have used it (for a friend who loves it) as real cream for coffee. It is equivalent to what we call heavy cream in the US. Its name translates as beating cream.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

I'm so sorry, you are right he did add the vanilla and sugar before whipping but that is wrong, not sure how I missed that.:paranoid: I think I had 2 videos and sent the wrong one maybe.

Yes as I mentioned the cream in the DR is very thick and needs to be watched or it will turn to butter, it happened to me once. Thought I had to whip the heck out of it like the cream we have here but ours in Canada or the kind I buy doesn't seem to be as thick as the cream in the DR.

Try again with nothing added at first and don't look away for one second :cheeky:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Did you see containers of crema para batir? I have used it (for a friend who loves it) as real cream for coffee. It is equivalent to what we call heavy cream in the US. Its name translates as beating cream.

i have seen it and i have my eyes set on this one for my next poor performance in dessert making. :)
once i made those lovely star shaped cookies that were supposed to be soft and somehow my magical touch turned them into ninja weapons. good i did not make them axe shaped... :eek:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you confused Crema de Leche the sweet, almost like fudge with the whipping cream....

HB

gamana

Apr 24, 2006
Last resort

As a lazy alternative, go to Playero and get yourself some french President Chantilly. yumee...