Who cooks a decent BBQ chicken these days in Sosua?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
On or near the beach, I'd recommend Big D's, Flip Flop, and the Treehouse Bar. Don't know what their hours are during the pandemic.

Good food, excellent service. All deliver, Flip Flop has excellent drinks.

Have fun!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Most of these comments are so out of date it isn't true. Big D - no longer, Ollies no longer , - so many places just dont exist any more.
We get our BBQ chicken from a place that is just a hole in the wall. It is opposite where Ollies used to be and they are pretty good.
Everything has changed guys and it is not what it used to be. So many places have gone forever! I know I actually live in Sosua.
Olly ( no team now )

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
I always worry if this is today's or yesterday's bird ....

I do my own - grill
Believe me - there is no danger of getting yesterday's bird at the place just a few yards East of the old Ollie chicken place. They go through a ton of food daily.

Just to repeat a previous poster :
The place mentioned is at the old 4 Roses bar. They have 2 gas grills in front.

Reactions: ramesses

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
You gotta try Chito on the main highway, across from Pola....probably the best in Sosua right now....Full, half, quarter chicken, good price, fresh and great tasting....There's a guy selling camarones by there too....

Reactions: ramesses

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
You gotta try Chito on the main highway, across from Pola....probably the best in Sosua right now....Full, half, quarter chicken, good price, fresh and great tasting....There's a guy selling camarones by there too....
They are great tasting and not dry as long as you go early enough and dont get one that has been sitting there for awhile.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Most of these comments are so out of date it isn't true. Big D - no longer, Ollies no longer , - so many places just dont exist any more.
We get our BBQ chicken from a place that is just a hole in the wall. It is opposite where Ollies used to be and they are pretty good.
Everything has changed guys and it is not what it used to be. So many places have gone forever! I know I actually live in Sosua.
Olly ( no team now )
Are you sure Big D's is closed...they are still active with pictures on Facebook.