who's doin' what?

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I rape vulnerable US technology related companies through the week.
I allow a bunch of hippys to live on land in Spain for a small fee.
My other half works a 60 hour week in a restaurant.
Southcoast hide and seek champion.
Cutting edge bachata development coordinator.
Ave Abraham Lincoln Karaoke champion.
Slaughterman.
Kitchen/bathroom fitter, tiler.
Dedicated to living beyond our means at all costs.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Im a "Chupacabra" investigator.. My work has drawn me to the DR to find it.

LOL... if you get tired of that, I think there's an opening at the B.F.I. -- the Big Foot Institute. Of course you'll have to trade in your beach sandals for snow boots.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
i am a useless gringa who hates all kinds of work. with my useless education i am low on options so basically i do whatever people tell me to do. currenly i am failing at providing customer service in a pharmacy :)

I'm sure you are far from useless. Don't feel too bad, my daughter is graduating with a BFA as a painting major from the School of Art of a University... and about to join the real world looking for a job in this economy! :nervous:

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Ladies and gents..

I?m an engineer with experience from the North Sea, Egypt, South China Sea, GOM, offshore California, T&T , Barbados and the Middle East, my passport used to get filled up in a couple of years.

I?m for the time being enjoying the local seafood and I?m not going back to the Middle East any time soon. I?m at present fully invested in PBR, PZE, EC, ANR, MCP, PAL, BVN , VALE and POT.
Don?t ask me when I?m going to sell any of those because I don?t know.

write some calls against the Pot, just before MOS reports EP, pick up some CF in pre market tomorrow if you can, depending on the futures tape...
Go long TCK for a 6 month hold = 12%

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
LOL... if you get tired of that, I think there's an opening at the B.F.I. -- the Big Foot Institute. Of course you'll have to trade in your beach sandals for snow boots.

I rape vulnerable US technology related companies through the week.
I allow a bunch of hippys to live on land in Spain for a small fee.
My other half works a 60 hour week in a restaurant.
Southcoast hide and seek champion.
Cutting edge bachata development coordinator.
Ave Abraham Lincoln Karaoke champion.
Slaughterman.
Kitchen/bathroom fitter, tiler.
Dedicated to living beyond our means at all costs.

So your the "Short" who screwed me out of my AMZN..:bandit:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Local chiropractor in day time job (santo domingo).
Off time indian tandoori cook (hobby).
My previous career : electrical engineering.
In my bored time, I test VOIP telephones in DR and hack android on HTC Hd2 smartphone.

dalila05

Bronze
Aug 9, 2008
republicadominicana.bbactif.com
im working for the only train in the world who goes underneath the sea!
basically im working at the business section dealing with vip and extremely rich people all day.my husband think i get paid for doing nothing all day!

Aug 21, 2007
I am nothing as dramatic or exciting as the rest of you.....retired K-12 teacher and district administrator, turned volunteer.

Poor pay. Not exciting, but richly rewarding.

Lindsey

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
im working for the only train in the world who goes underneath the sea!
basically im working at the business section dealing with vip and extremely rich people all day.my husband think i get paid for doing nothing all day!

Is this true?

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
I am retired from the secular workforce. I cooked for 20 years professionally and I also had a housecleaning business. Now I work full-time for God. I am on a TV program and a radio program teaching the Bible here in the DR. I also volunteer at Judy's Pet Lodge and help out with whatever is needed for the church and other ministries. I am (only) 48 so I am really enjoying early retirement!!

Linda Stapleton

Jun 3, 2003
Holding out to keep you company, Corey. I work 3 days a week for a real estate company (not selling), teach some private English students on my days off and help out with Project Isobel and Messef orphanage in Haiti where I can.

As Lindsay says, pay for the voluntary work is lousy, but very rewarding;)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I'm sure you are far from useless. Don't feel too bad, my daughter is graduating with a BFA as a painting major from the School of Art of a University... and about to join the real world looking for a job in this economy! :nervous:

Thats not bad, there is ALWAYS grad school. She can do that and you wont hear from here for another 3 years.

I met a guy one time Upstate NY whose daughter was studying Public Relations in Syracuse University. She was set to graduate but didnt know what to do for work. The best place you can make a go of Public Relations is NYC. But the guy said his daughter didnt like NYC. So go figure? You study something where the best likelihood of employment and experience is in a place you dont like. Now she can go to other places, smaller places, BUT the NYC experience would get her in the door ANYWHERE and get her taken seriously quicker. But she didnt get it.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Ok here we go......jack of all trades master of most....

Executive Bean counter - an accountant or bureaucrat who is believed to place undue emphasis on the control of expenditures

Ceramic engineer - cheif scrubber and bottle washer

Steam Technology Engineer - engineering in colors, mixed and whites..and don't forget the softning agents

Executive Chef - indulgents in the culinary delights: three square daily

Top Negotiator - aka Referee

Just to name a few of my attributes;)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I am a wanna be retiree living in the DR.
I worked in fiber optics research and development for over 20 years then the company I worked for went bust when the owner retired.
I was a beach bum in the DR for a while
Now I work at a laser technology company in research and development of laser waveguides. It is interesting and a decent place to work but....
I count the days to retirement, finding a sugar daddy or winning the lottery so I can be a beach bum again in the DR.

CoreyH

Mar 5, 2010
Holding out to keep you company, Corey. I work 3 days a week for a real estate company (not selling), teach some private English students on my days off and help out with Project Isobel and Messef orphanage in Haiti where I can.

As Lindsay says, pay for the voluntary work is lousy, but very rewarding;)

We get our pay in Heaven, right? ;-)

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Formerly:
Textile Converter/Office Manager - Manhattan
Accounting - Manhattan & NJ
School Business Administrator - NJ
Wholesale Business Owner - NJ

Currently:
Early retirement so we can spend more time at our house in DR!

AE

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
Self employed...work when I want.
I own a t-shirt business that I set up at malls for 8 weeks at christmas...2 weeks for mothers day/fathers day..have a concession trailer from mid june to end of sept.
Off oct, jan, feb, march, april and may....soooo I try to travel in those months!