who's doin' what?

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
It was an old TV show. I think you would hire this guy to make someone vanish wink wink. He had a gun and he was willing to travel. Hope I remembered that right, showing my age and all. ;)

The show "Have Gun Will Travel" was on TV in the late 50's to early 60's. It was a western and "Paladin" was a gun for hire, but a "good guy". I think it was usually a story of him righting some wrong for his clients... usually by wits, and by force if necessary.

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
I'm trained as a crime scene tech but I have never had a job since all those TV shows came out a year after I started studying the subject. If there was anything that payed even $1000 a month in the DR I would be able to move there though.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Retired electronics sales engineer and former microprocessor/digital design engineer.

dougiej

Jan 29, 2007
Commercial flat roof installer.(no shingles) I work 11 months out of the year belive it or not,......in Northwestern Ontario.
Yeah..... it hurts.

dougiej

Jan 29, 2007
Sorry, by that i mean it's pretty cold. My mind keeps me smiling though cause i know where i'll be at the end of the season.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
An ex-Forestry Engineering student, turned ex-High lead logger, turned ex salmon gill-netter (fisherman) turned Canadian Air Force aircraft mechanic due to down turn in the economy in 1978. I liked so this year I retire with 33 years of service and a decent pension. My better half has a degree in Statistics, another in Math/Education ( Dominican Republic), and Early Childhood development in Canada.

Stuart Polkinghorne

Nov 13, 2008
Film and TV Art dept Set dresser/buyer, props master, stand by props, on set dresser, on set Photographer. Worked as a grip and a gaffer and set builder. Other times a carpenter, landscaper and love restoring wood boats and old cars. At the moment I'm a house husband, dog walker and waiting with baited breather to see if Pinewood studios opens here..hahahahhaa

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Kudos to all. Pretty interesting careers & life choices!

I am a licensed air(wo)man aka Flight Dispatcher.
Loyal admirer of my Dominican heritage.
Regular visitor (or as my friends say) part time resident of the DR
:)

Ccarabella

DannyS

Jun 19, 2007
Early Retired

Early out from software development so I can surf everyday without having to set my IM status to "I'll Be Right Back" - everyone knew I was surfing when it was set to that anyway but so much more relaxed (and in warmer water) now.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
"semi retired" here in the DR.. cashed out of real estate at just the right time (used to buy and renovate old houses, gems in need of preservation) Did some volunteer work here and then went back to my other job as a journalist, working for InterPressService. I interview in French and Spanish, then right in English... which certainly keeps my brain working.