Why a dominican girl would date a foreign man

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Berzin said:
What then, is the difference between a first-world gold-digger and a thirld world hooker?
The gold-digger not only expects to be paid, but also acts as if she is doing YOU a favor by being with you.
I think I would stick to the UBHs of the DR if faced with this choice.
Hey Berzin, what's happening??

What happen to that chica you was considering bring over on the ol' K-1, you posted about last year? Tu recuerda?

smullenpe

Mar 1, 2006
My experience has been that if marriage is based on needs rather than love and respect for one another, it's not going to work. Whether or not it's marriage between same nationalities or different nationalities, it won't work out without the main ingredients in the mix.

That's when the dating comes in to play. To get the feel of comparability, mutual respect, and understand. I reckon that's the reason some DR women date foreign men since they may not find what they were looking for in DR men. That's just my humble opinion. I should know thing or two about failure marriage since am divorce twice.

I'm still licking my wounds but am looking forward to a trip to DR to find a dream girl who will have same value as I.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
smullenpe said:
My experience has been that if marriage is based on needs rather than love and respect for one another, it's not going to work. Whether or not it's marriage between same nationalities or different nationalities, it won't work out without the main ingredients in the mix.

That's when the dating comes in to play. To get the feel of comparability, mutual respect, and understand. I reckon that's the reason some DR women date foreign men since they may not find what they were looking for in DR men. That's just my humble opinion. I should know thing or two about failure marriage since am divorce twice.

I'm still licking my wounds but am looking forward to a trip to DR to find a dream girl who will have same value as I.

Hi there, welcome to DR1. :)

Cheer up. I hope you feel better.

If you speak Spanish and if you are looking for a beautiful and nice girl, then I recommend Santiago. A lot of girls in Santiago are light-skinned.

I have a friend who lives in Santiago and he would introduce me to a lot of his female friends--Girls who are in college, who have a stable and good-paying job (no not a hooker lol), well-educated, and with a lot of beauty inside and out! :bunny:

When do you plan to visit the DR?

smullenpe

Mar 1, 2006
Potato_Salad said:
Hi there, welcome to DR1. :)

I have a friend who lives in Santiago and he would introduce me to a lot of his female friends--Girls who are in college, who have a stable and good-paying job (no not a hooker lol), well-educated, and with a lot of beauty inside and out! :bunny:

When do you plan to visit the DR?
Well, I'm 45 years old so college girls age is too young for me. I'm learning Spanish and can speak basic but not much more.

I just got back from 3 weeks vacation from Thailand to celebrate my divorce but am planning on taking a trip to DR once I get all my fairs in order.

Meantime, I plan to read about the DR and continue learning Spanish.

I'm looking forward to start dating DR women. I find them very attractive.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
smullenpe said:
Well, I'm 45 years old so college girls age is too young for me. I'm learning Spanish and can speak basic but not much more.

I just got back from 3 weeks vacation from Thailand to celebrate my divorce but am planning on taking a trip to DR once I get all my fairs in order.

Meantime, I plan to read about the DR and continue learning Spanish.

I'm looking forward to start dating DR women. I find them very attractive.

Wow, three weeks in Thailand? Lucky you!!! :)

45 is still a young age. :classic:

There are members here who are much older than you and are dating Dominican women in their 20s.

Anyway, this website has a lot of helpful information about the DR.

Have a good day.

Alex99

Jan 4, 2006
DR Adventures

Just got back from my first trip to DR with a friend and had a really great time. Had been to Mexico and Cuba before, but find this island very captivating and especially the women so seductive and utterly charming! In 10 days we travelled extensively but found the city of Santiago to be the most fun. Now I have collected all my air miles and am going back to STI on my own again for the last week of March:cheeky: My Spanish is is good enough to get by, but I would really like to improve on it, perhaps in exchange for English/German/French lessons. Hoping to find a girlfriend/novia
with a nice character and some education to start a relationship with, and see the Vida Dominicana from a local perspective. Have learned so much from this site and am sure I'll become a regular traveller(resident?) to this hidden gem. Big HELLO to all the folks in STI...esp. Hillbilly

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
Alex99 said:
Just got back from my first trip to DR with a friend and had a really great time. Had been to Mexico and Cuba before, but find this island very captivating and especially the women so seductive and utterly charming! In 10 days we travelled extensively but found the city of Santiago to be the most fun. Now I have collected all my air miles and am going back to STI on my own again for the last week of March:cheeky: My Spanish is is good enough to get by, but I would really like to improve on it, perhaps in exchange for English/German/French lessons. Hoping to find a girlfriend/novia
with a nice character and some education to start a relationship with, and see the Vida Dominicana from a local perspective. Have learned so much from this site and am sure I'll become a regular traveller(resident?) to this hidden gem. Big HELLO to all the folks in STI...esp. Hillbilly

I'm glad to hear that you had a nice time. :)

If you are looking for a nice novia, then I recommend Santiago. I have met and saw so many beautiful women in Santiago. These women are in great shape and have great personalities (which "I think" is more important that looks).

Have fun!!!

fatratpass

Dec 26, 2004
AYMID

You are barking up the wrong tree. Don't marry a foreign man.
There are examples of many successful marriages, and relationships on these boards but I advise you to find a fine Dominican man with the same values, and same self justification base of self defenses that you do so you understand one another, have the same expectations from one another, to be compatable for marriage.

Last edited: