Why are Dominican Men unfaithful?

pati

Feb 3, 2004
suarezn said:
It is expected and taught as grow up. Also like AZB said I don't call it cheating, just fullfilling your duties to nature...

First I'd like to start off by saying it is hard to find a decent man from any culture these days. Second, my husband has always said that his grandfather taught him a real man doesn't beat or cheat on his wife. Also my husband's mother left his father for cheating so it is not as accepted and expected as some of you are trying to make it.

ERICKXSON

Bronze
Dec 24, 2002
www.creambay.com
mariposa said:
Every Dominican men I have come in contact with from my father, cousins, friends, the list goes on and on, everyone of them have cheated at some point in their lives. No matter how happy their marriage has been or what kind of life thier leading. Why is this? Is it in their nature? Is it something that it is just cultural?

HOW MANY STARS ARE IN THE SKY????????????????????????????

Oct 13, 2003
instagram.com
H? guys I am back to the board....

It's been discussed a few times before but...

Men (not only Domenican men) cheat when it's easy, when they are in an environment that will tolerate it and when the women accept it. In other words there no price to pay for the men...

This situation is prevalent in the DR so men here cheat...

Also some cultural idiosyncraties.. if I go out with my friends my girlfriend always packs me some condoms and tells me not to cheat on her by not using them... meaning she will accept my cheating when not in her face and so long as I protect my health and hers...

If I come back without them she looks at me asks me if I cheated on her... I say of course not... she tells me she loves me and then we make fierce and passionate love to me....

If I come back with them... she fights with me and needs a few hours to convince herself that I didn't cheat on her... and then she will make love to me again.. but it takes much more convincing than when I come back without the condoms...

Not on all ocassions do I cheat on her and if I do I do this discretely so it won't get back to her... this is the accepted form in the entire Carribean IMO

MD

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Dominican men

They are just as human as the rest of us.
The reputation that they have also serves as an
"inspiration" to the younger generation. Looking at
my (step) son, and his nephew living here in the
USA. They both have girlfriends plus many waiting
in the wings. They are both living up to these
cultural expectations.

JD

ginger ale

May 6, 2004
suarezn said:
It's in our genes...There's nothing we can do to avoid this, specially when you girls are walking around in your tight, low cut jeans tempting us. In addition the more we cheat the more you love us. As a matter of fact any Dominican man who never cheats is not looked upon favorably by Dominican women.
WOAAAAAAA This is a bunch of crock! Don't tell me that Dominican women like the fact that their men stray! No normal women would like that! Dominican women do tend to accept it more than others but that is changing. So watch out you macho men, Dominican women are becoming a lot more intelligent is this area and will not be so tolerant!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ginger ale said:
WOAAAAAAA This is a bunch of crock! Don't tell me that Dominican women like the fact that their men stray! No normal women would like that! Dominican women do tend to accept it more than others but that is changing. So watch out you macho men, Dominican women are becoming a lot more intelligent is this area and will not be so tolerant!

Hahahaha, you wish, this country is a sexy woman factory. If you don't tolerate it, then move over, there is always someone better to replace you, younger and more attractive. This is the novelty that makes us, what we are today. There are way too many women for each eligible male (decent, good job and educated), so we don't have to say "yes dear" to all of you menopause-d, demanding women. There is always another sweet girl who would tolerate our BS. This is the way of life in DR and it will not change soon, well, at least, as long as brugal is cheap and comes in liter bottles in your local colmados.
So put up or shut up. The only reward you would win from being intolerant is "loneliness".
AZB

mariposa

May 19, 2004
very true deelt

A lot of Dominican men feel threatened when they encounter a self-sufficient woman who does not need them for anything, their cheating is a way of saying 'look, yo are so independent but you depend on me for love, and I can do this', so when a woman wants to leave them they try to bring their self-esteem down using whatever means they can!

Let's stop the cheated Dominican girls by giving them the boot, let's not make cheating one of the traditions that we are carrying with us into the new generation.

ginger ale

May 6, 2004
AZB said:
Hahahaha, you wish, this country is a sexy woman factory. If you don't tolerate it, then move over, there is always someone better to replace you, younger and more attractive. This is the novelty that makes us, what we are today. There are way too many women for each eligible male (decent, good job and educated), so we don't have to say "yes dear" to all of you menopause-d, demanding women. There is always another sweet girl who would tolerate our BS. This is the way of life in DR and it will not change soon, well, at least, as long as brugal is cheap and comes in liter bottles in your local colmados.
So put up or shut up. The only reward you would win from being intolerant is "loneliness".
AZB
You are really a piece of work AZB, sometimes you make me laugh and other times I wish I could strangle you! I haven't been on Dr1 for long but from what I can see you are a dirty old man who can only get the young naive domincan girls to fall for you (not for your looks but for the money they think you have or might have). Your chances of meeting an intelligent woman who would in turn be interested in you are very very slim, with your mentality you'd never get one anyway! Like someone else on the threads said, "GROW UP". A person your age should be a man already!

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
mariposa said:
No true at all, I would love to meet a Dominican man who has never cheated in his life, and by the way, I am a Dominican women!

there are many

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
Dolores said:
There are many many faithful couples. Among my circle of Dominican friends, infidelity is the exception, not the norm.

well said

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ginger ale said:
You are really a piece of work AZB, sometimes you make me laugh and other times I wish I could strangle you! I haven't been on Dr1 for long but from what I can see you are a dirty old man who can only get the young naive domincan girls to fall for you (not for your looks but for the money they think you have or might have). Your chances of meeting an intelligent woman who would in turn be interested in you are very very slim, with your mentality you'd never get one anyway! Like someone else on the threads said, "GROW UP". A person your age should be a man already!
You wish it were all true but sorry, no cigars for you. I am 41, not old by any standards, especially DR's. My girls range from stupid to rocket scientists. I have a girlfriend who is a lawyer and drives a SUV. The other has a 2003 european car, others are flat broke and some are rich. The point is, these girls don't need my money or visa to travel, many do travel regularly to USA and other countries. My new wife lives in the dutch island of Bonaire but she is a dominican and is in the country at the moment. She is intelligent enough to put many of you girls to shame, not to mention, she is a puta in the bed.
You have confused me with the foreigners who live in the coast. I am no tourist, perhaps, I am more dominican than you are at the moment.
Life in santiago is all together different when it comes to tasting real dominican republic flavors. There are dime a dozen cute girls in the city who range from poor to rich but the good thing is, there is an extreme shortage of eligible single men (like me). Therefore, your dream UTOPIA (where women control men) will never be realized. Sorry to break your bubble
AZB

frank alvarez

Apr 13, 2004
Change 'Dominican' to 'Latin' or 'Hispanic'

I'm afraid you need to change 'Dominican' to 'Latin' or 'Hispanic' since it is our cultural heritage and not limited to any one nationality. It may even be a gender thing instead of a cultural thing; no?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
frank alvarez said:
I'm afraid you need to change 'Dominican' to 'Latin' or 'Hispanic' since it is our cultural heritage and not limited to any one nationality. It may even be a gender thing instead of a cultural thing; no?
If the word "DOMINICAN" wasn't there we wouldn't/couldn't have this discussion.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Just think of this!!!

In my opinion, one of the reason some dominican male cheat:: Do you guys remember that there was a time when a female did not hold a job in the DR(or at least very rarely) ,no policewoman, politician, and no females in higher positions?. Now put this in your head: 3 or four kids to take care of and the only bread winner was the male. Don't you guys think that no matter how many times the bread winner cheated that he could get away with it. The dilemma is that what in God's name would the female do with 3 or 4 kids and no income whatsoever. They took all the cheatings and abuse because it's the mentality of some that "if I am the one supporting the whole household, I can do what I please". Now that the dominican females can work, some males still have the old fashion mentality because they were raised that way. True example, one of my uncle, circa 1970, would get paid on the 25, not go to his home for 4 days to be with his wife and 4 kids and when he had spent all his pay, he would return home and act like he did nothing wrong because "I am the man of the house". My aunt took this abuse for so many years because "what am I suppose to do, who is goind to take me with 4 kids, how would I support myself and the kids".
Now, in my opinion, if a female is working and pulling her weight, there is no need to take any kind of abuse, cheating or physical. If they are self efficient and can make it on their own, and still take the cheating, shame on them!!!!

Last edited:

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Right on!!!

ginger ale said:
Right on Miguel, that's exactly it! That's why more and more Dominican women are not accepting infidelity! :classic:
And that is the reason that she dumped his ax when she got a job!!!!. Good for her.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Well that was a pain! Now go on with the topic and if you still have a need to discuss HIV and Aids click here

If I missed some PM me.

Last edited:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Anna, thanks for making this thread boring for many of us. I am outta this thread guys.
:(

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AZB said:
Anna, thanks for making this thread boring for many of us. I am outta this thread guys.

I call that light at the end of the tunnel... nice job Anna! :devious:

Getting back on topic...

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Listen you!!

AZB said:
All she is doing is, diplomatically, telling people to stop hijacking the thread. This thread is about dominican man and not about AIDS.
I will have to tell you a very sad story so you can get sad again and start crying. I also hope that it's raining over there because it seems that you get nicer when it rains, you old fart, hehe.

Mira, I am still waiting for the pic, papa!!

ESCRIPTOR

May 26, 2004
espanol.geocities.com
Not true.

suarezn said:
You just re-affirmed my point. Of course you've never met a Dominican man who's faithful. To those that say that they know people who are faithful, I want to say that just because you have no knowledge of that person cheating doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Some people are just more discrete than others. Everybody has done it. It is expected and taught as grow up. Also like AZB said I don't call it cheating, just fullfilling your duties to nature...

Now, I have a problem with this. Someone started here by saying that all the Dominican men she knew are unfaithful. I have no problem with that because it is her experience, but when you say that everybody has done it you're going from observation to gross generalization. I know for a fact that is just not true. Unfaithfulness is not a Dominican issue. It seems to be more prevalent among men there, and from there, but it's human nature that people want to be with others at times. Not everybody acts on that impulse. The culture probably facilitates it, but marriage and unfaithfulness have been tied together since the institution took shape.