Why are helicopters flying so low and very often over Perla Marina to Cabarete this morning?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Where in Puerto Rico did you hang out with DEA guys? What year? Seriously question
It l was there 1999 to 2012 but I think the time was somewhere between 2006-2010. And it was only one agent that we hung out with at a friend's restaurant in Isla Verde. Although he did bring a couple other guys he worked with on occasion.
He couldn't get in many places because he always was carrying a Glock

Reactions: JD Jones

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
lol, Have you been binge watching "American Made" again with Tom Cruise. or was it Scarface with Al Pacino.
Uh no, A fellow who used to live in a large ocean front house immediately west of SOV in the far eastern part of Playa Chiquita ( a former poster who is dead now) told me about it.

He frequently saw boats going for packages that were dropped into the ocean by passing small planes. A common method of importing certain things bound mostly for transhipment.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No you mean like Colombian packages?
Well now, one can only guess that you are most likely to be correct.
When I was in Puerto Rico I used to drink with a DEA agent and we would listen to the interdiction calls from the Coast Guard coordinated with drug spotting planes. They pretty much track every dinghy moving near shore.
And he would occasionally show us video of their busts.
They generally knew which boat was suspicious
Here, not so much.

Reactions: chico bill

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Uh no, A fellow who used to live in a large ocean front house immediately west of SOV in the far eastern part of Playa Chiquita ( a former poster who is dead now) told me about it.

He frequently saw boats going for packages that were dropped into the ocean by passing small planes. A common method of importing certain things bound mostly for transhipment.
Uh, OK, So he is the one binge watching Tome Cruise portraying Barry Seal in the movie American Made. Did he also see Red October off the coast.?

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Uh, OK, So he is the one binge watching Tome Cruise portraying Barry Seal in the movie American Made. Did he also see Red October off the coast.?
I can no longer ask Ringo about it. He tried to kill his wife and then committed suicide, so I cannot find that out. He had no reason to make up stories.
Such things are common here.

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Ringo's posts are available to view. He & his wife were great animal advocates and worked at many spaying& neutering clinics.

Reactions: keepcoming

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
He sounds like a great source of info.
At times, you will find folks on DR1 lauding on praise for sociopaths and schizophrenics solely for the reason they have been around here since Christ left Chicago. Many of the DR1 academy award and Nobel prize winners have gone on to rot in jails, live in cardboard boxes or ended up in top end facilities such as Bellevue.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
There are a Couple of Grifters who used to post and have not posted in a Long While.. I wonder sometimes if they are in Jail , strung out on booze or Drugs , or worse..
Sosua, and the DR seems to be a huge Magnet for these Types of Expats who have all kinds of Issues .
It is what it is .

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Back to helicopters flying around Cabarete.