why are most dominicans eyebrows makeup?

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Mugshots anyone?

Please explain the diff between "arched" eyebrows and "shaved" eyebrows...

Shaved brows: Usually found on older Latin ladies who have been shaving them off and penciling them in since they were teens. They pencil as they feel that day: round, square, very arched, skeptical, mad, or even surprised.

Arched: Usually girls will get the eyebrows waxed and the shape they get is called arched. Waxing entails removing only some hairs from the outer bottom part of the brow, very little from the top and whatever can be caught by the wax in between the two eyes (thus no unibrow for me!).

Like stated before, MOST women that use makeup do add some sort of color to their eyebrows - it can be brushed in or penciled in. However, this enhancement should not visible to the naked (=man's) eyes. IF done in good taste and SENSE - is not supposed to be so obvious!

The women being discribed here by AZB and others, are doing the press-on-eyebrows look on purpose. They know what they want to achieve - they do not want to be invisible in a crowd - they let their eyebrows do the talking!

More classy girls do not wear as much makeup - to me, the basics is just enough.

Hows that for a breakdown?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i actually gooled images of latin women and i see a lot of painted eyebrows so maybe it's not exactly DR fashion.
i second AZB - it's a signature of a barrio girl, may be a puta or not but she is from the barrio for sure...