Why Can't "Duminicans" Close ANYTHING ????

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
I find Dominicans very smart - if you mean by not closing things - not finishing things - then you have to call them back to do it again ! All pesos in their pocket!

Olly

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Chris,
I dont think DR1 has been running for 15 years. Did it not start in 1999 so that would be 12 years.
I am sure Robert will correct me!

Olly

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Be the leader of the pack

It sounds like CC is just too much of a nice guy and these people are just taking advantage of him and walking all over him.

CC, you need to take your place in the pack and not let the cubs walk on you. Show them who the boss is.

Next time you find the toothpaste left open, hide them and make them buy their own,

When they leave the tomato paste or ketchup opened, make a chore list.
Have the kid on duty to check and make sure that all the things requiring tops are all secured on the hour.

Then give another kid a light switch duty for turning off all the lights and fill the water jug in the fridge.

That will teach these kids or adults some responsibilities.

I would be calling a family meeting tonight to hand out these new responsibilities.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Sounds like some posters want us to join the norm and lie our arses off Criss!!!!

Have hope Criss, all is not lost, I did manage to train the dog!
(But he?s only trained when I?m around, and that?s the TRUTH)

Last edited:

oldschool

Oct 9, 2004
CC kicks ass, Newbies suck !!!!

How many more threads do I have to read about people asking

How much does it cost to move here ?

How easy is it to find a job ?

Does this Girl or Guy love me ?

Use the search function dammit ! the best advice is the older advice from the Old School posters ( lame pun intended )

I don't give advice hardly though as nobody did for me ! I just sank ( didn't swim ) then got revived by this really nice young Dominican Girl who told me that she loved me dohhh.....

Last edited:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Nice to see you back CC. And ... YA! I've been living it for years and nice that someone tells it like it is along with a few others.

I'll add to the list tomorrow.

I hope that you feel a little better. Ringo

Reactions: SantiagoDR

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Nice to see you back CC. And ... YA! I've been living it for years and nice that someone tells it like it is along with a few others.
Ringo

Yehhhh, you go guys, tell em how it is, opening cans with knives and leaving the top of toothpaste,,,, bastards, ruins my frinkin existence.. Next they'll be leaving the gate open.... Oh already mentioned, mother puckers!!!!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Right on CC

My wonderful Dominican wife does all that and more. I dont even say anything any more. That is how she is. We have an agreement. I do not point out her faults and she tries to over look my few. Had a fabulous set of Chicago Cutlery knives when we first married. Kept them razor sharp with a diamond sharpener. Slice a tomato so thin you could see thru it. They slowly became can openers, screw drivers and even found out out in the dirt in the backyard. I finally hid the last two but she found them and they are all gone now. Never bought another good knife but my wife is still the same wonderful creature who treats me like a king .

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dominicans don't like to screw on the lid on bottles or containers. If they take out sugar from a jar, the cap just screwed on slightly. So when you pick up the jar from the top, the whole container falls apart.
They just don't think and don't give a crap. They think we are just tight a$$es for telling them how things should be done. Many don't even mind being called "stupid". They just laugh it off.
AZB

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Many don't even mind being called "stupid". They just laugh it off.
AZB

I have found stupid to be one of the most offensive names I can call someone, it is a massive insult.

This thread is weird, everyone seems to be on LSD, or at least slightly abnormal.
Perhaps it is me.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
in poland we call it "holier than a f***ing pope" or, to make it DR ralated "dumier than a duminican". geez, why is it that there are always fun killers who do not get jokes more complicated than a banana split, those posters who only have one answer to anyone who dares to criticize heavenly DR: go home where you come from. dudes, maybe you should consider starting lovedr forum and leave dr1 if you don't like it, eh?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Dominicans don't like to screw on the lid on bottles or containers. If they take out sugar from a jar, the cap just screwed on slightly. So when you pick up the jar from the top, the whole container falls apart.
They just don't think and don't give a crap. They think we are just tight a$$es for telling them how things should be done. Many don't even mind being called "stupid". They just laugh it off.
AZB

Ain't that the truth, I hate those small little ants in my coffee!

Solution, tighten the lid as hard as you can and hope they don't find the knife draw to try and prize it off :)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
I used to be able to use the tips of my carving knives as screwdrivers,(I KNOW,"How Duminican!!!) but after being used to open cans for sooooooolong
they are all bent over!
I didn't even mention how my father-in-law,his son, and my "Handyman",thats an OXYMORON, told me that THEY could pull up my water well pump and "FIX" it.They rented a large metal tripod to pull up the 150 feet of 2"water pipe with the pump head attached. After they got everything "setup" I left,(Note to "Newbees", NEVER watch Duminicans work, you will keep saying, "What The Phuck Are You DOING???)
About 30 minutes later,they all came into my living room.
Their faces were a combination of dismay,and extreme FEAR!
"It Slipped", was all they could,or needed to say.
150 feet of 2" pipe,with the wellhead attached,was on it's way to China!!
I have MORE!
Cris Colon
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You must have looked at some point, so I ask you: How big was the trench they dug to remove the water pipe? I mean, if they secured the wellhead tot he leg of the tripod, then...it shouldnt have fell in. Unless they loosened the pipe from the wellhead and no sooner than they did that the pipe fell down into the hole..

And what were they "fixing"? Low water pressure or no water(restriction/roots)?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
CC, some of us haven't had this much fun since the days when you were really in high gear. I hope those days are here again.

PS: The one thing that makes me wonder whether you are all the way back is that you haven't yet put any of those who are feebly trying to insult you in their place. Does that come in the second act, or are their attempts so feeble it is not worth the effort?

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
You gotta love newbies that have no clue of the history of some posters or the origins of some words.

If you consider me a newbie then I don't know what to say, maybe CC can be just joking, or maybe there's an inside joke between you "olders" posters. But the way he come across to me is downright insulting. Maybe I am missing a funny tone between the lines, but that's just me.

If another poster not as "old" and "respected" as CcccCCCcc opens a thread this way you will be first one jumping on him telling him that's how it is and he needs to adapt as he is an outsider coming from another country as you have previously done on countless threads.

Reactions: Africaida

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Ain't that the truth, I hate those small little ants in my coffee!

Solution, tighten the lid as hard as you can and hope they don't find the knife draw to try and prize it off :)

Nah, better idea...sugar packets. And for the cutlery thing, get ONE can opener and a bunch of plastic knives. Ha!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There's been a little remodeling going on at my house for a few days. The contractor today asked one of the workers to pry off the metal cover on the water meter in the front of the house. I went to see what he was doing and he was prying the cover off with my 10 in. carving knife from my new expensive cutlery set. He actually took it from my kitchen instead of using a screwdriver or a crowbar. And he was the smartest of the workers.......This topic could go on for days.....Thanks cc.....
Finally something worth reading.....

B in Santiago

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Since Dominicans "can't close anything," being one of them, I had to open my mouth.

They, they, they, they Dominicans, theyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Why can't they do this? Why can't they do that?

But those of you living among us and constantly insulting us do not leave our place.

What's keeping you in the DR? Leaaaaave!

With love,
Norma

Reactions: mountainannie

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Since Dominicans "can't close anything," being one of them, I had to open my mouth.

They, they, they, they Dominicans, theyyyyyyyyy!!!!! Why can't they do this? Why can't they do that?

But those of you living among us and constantly insulting us do not leave our place.

What's keeping you in the DR? Leaaaaave!

With love,
Norma

Thanks....