Why Can't the Dominican Republic be the Solution to the Crisis in Haiti?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

This subject has been beaten to death. The only people who can fix Haiti are Haitians.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
This subject has been beaten to death. The only people who can fix Haiti are Haitians.
If that is what you think you do not have to participate in the discussion.
In the beginning Haitians fixed Haiti. They were slaves and they overthrew their French masters. Then the world conspired not to let the new nation get a toehold in the world. Lest they encourage the rest of the slaves to rise up over throw their colonial masters and form their own countries. The French did the equivalent of scorched earth economic policy right from the git. Then over the history of the country other colonial powers have done what they could to extract resources while making minimum investments. The French need to take responsibility. They stepped up when a bunch of terrorists were fighting a war against England on the North American continent to support them. Slaves who freed themselves did not get that kind of support.

You are welcome for the history lesson ‼

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
If that is what you think you do not have to participate in the discussion.
In the beginning Haitians fixed Haiti. They were slaves and they overthrew their French masters. Then the world conspired not to let the new nation get a toehold in the world. Lest they encourage the rest of the slaves to rise up over throw their colonial masters and form their own countries. The French did the equivalent of scorched earth economic policy right from the git. Then over the history of the country other colonial powers have done what they could to extract resources while making minimum investments. The French need to take responsibility. They stepped up when a bunch of terrorists were fighting a war against England on the North American continent to support them. Slaves who freed themselves did not get that kind of support.

You are welcome for the history lesson ‼

Dude, Haitian history 101. I don't know about you but I worked for a company with a factory in Haiti back in the seventies.
We're not talking about their history now, we're talking about from this moment forward.

China is the next one who will try to fix the mess and that won't work either. The only people who can fix Haiti are Haitians.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Dude, I don't know you. But you are dating yourself my man. I am not disagreeing with you that Haitians need to put the work in to fix their own country.

Using an analogy: after the game has been rigged for years, and huge bankrolls have been build by the those who actually rigged the game. It is not enough for those who have benefited from their unethical gains to simply walk away and say "you guys fix this mess".

We are not going to agree on this issue. Yours is typical attitude of a economic colonialist ‼
Dude, Haitian history 101. I don't know about you but I worked for a company with a factory in Haiti back in the seventies.
We're not talking about their history now, we're talking about from this moment forward.

China is the next one who will try to fix the mess and that won't work either. The only people who can fix Haiti are Haitians.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Dude, I don't know you. But you are dating yourself my man. I am not disagreeing with you that Haitians need to put the work in to fix their own country.

Using an analogy: after the game has been rigged for years, and huge bankrolls have been build by the those who actually rigged the game. It is not enough for those who have benefited from their unethical gains to simply walk away and say "you guys fix this mess".

We are not going to agree on this issue. Yours is typical attitude of a economic colonialist ‼

I'm a realist. Those who benefited from their unethical gains and simply walked away will never be held accountable.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
The simple answer is that there is no fix to Haiti. Some things that are broken cannot be fixed.
Haiti is one of those things.

Disagree. Haiti may never be an economic powerhouse, but they can improve and improve a lot. The DR did and so did other countries. They need good governance with benevolence, except for corrupt bureaucrats.

Use money wisely. Build up the infrastructure (yes there is one). Encourage tourism (it's a beautiful country as we all know from living here), especially black tourism. It can be done.

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I think the RD has enough on it's hands to fix. It must surely be an international solution along with Haiti,

Reactions: cavok

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Disagree. Haiti may never be an economic powerhouse, but they can improve and improve a lot. The DR did and so did other countries. They need good governance with benevolence, except for corrupt bureaucrats.

Use money wisely. Build up the infrastructure (yes there is one). Encourage tourism (it's a beautiful country as we all know from living here), especially black tourism. It can be done.

Why black tourism, must be just tourism

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Looks like China is very interested in building infrastructure, they are investing lots in Africa building infrastructure. Will probably work in Haiti too

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
3 years ago China announced it would invest 30 billion dollars in Haiti. Whether it happens or not is another story.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016

Why not ? A certain "Power Couple" from America did it and padded their foundation bankroll off the misery of Haiti. Many people walk away.

Reactions: Caonabo

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Haiti is a beautiful country, with gorgeous beaches that could be developed again, it has a rich history and fascinating culture and Voodoo religion that tourists would find an eye opener, given we have all been fed the demonisation of Haitian voodoo by the christian church, same as they do to the Candomble in Brazil. The culture and religion will be a asset