Why Can't the Dominican Republic be the Solution to the Crisis in Haiti?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
You are on the edge and will end up on a vacation from here if you don’t reverse course. Do not go down that path and stick to the subject which is about DR and Haiti.
No problem.
Here's a quote from my Haitian friends.
"Haiti's problems need to be solved
by Haitian people on Haitian soil".

Reactions: Yourmaninvegas

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
No problem.
Here's a quote from my Haitian friends.
"Haiti's problems need to be solved
by Haitian people on Haitian soil".
I cannot agree with you more ‼️ But if Haitians living in 🇩🇴 are making that quote it, rings hollow with me.

Only the most sadistic among us climb out of a bad situation and then look back down at others and say "good luck with that" as they walk away.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Perhaps China will step in at some point and buy it. They would love to build a Naval base in Uncle Sam's backyard and I'm sure the incoming US administration would see it as a positive development for the region.
China could go bankrupt trying to fix Haiti.

• Haha
Reactions: Caonabo

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
History is not a guide. It is entertainment. It is the past. The present is now ‼️ The future has yet to be determined in Haiti.
History has shown there is no chance for Haiti. Some fail to recognize reality be it past, present or future.

Reactions: Big

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I cannot agree with you more ‼️ But if Haitians living in 🇩🇴 are making that quote it, rings hollow with me.

Only the most sadistic among us climb out of a bad situation and then look back down at others and say "good luck with that" as they walk away.
From what I have been told by the Haitians
I know living here, life in Haiti is like living in
a bucket full of crabs. Haitian Sadist or not,
it's their country, it's their problem. It's time
they stopped acting like animals, stopped the
witchcraft, started acting like civilized human
beings and learned how to wipe their own rear
ends.

It is not and can not be the sole responsibility
of the Dominican Republic to offer solutions for
all of their self inflicted ills.. Yes they had a rough
beginning but they'd have more than enough time
to get their act together.

Stop giving us reasons and start giving us results.
Then and only then would I consider revisiting the
idea of further assistance from the DR at a later point in time.

What the international community as whole should be
doing is setting goals, be them monthly, quarterly or annually
for that government with it's people to achieve. Make them
understand, if you want out of this hellish situation it will need
to be a collective effort. That means the people and their government
will need to stop(as Public Health Minister Plutarco Arias would say)
misbehaving.

Look at it like the carrot and the stick approach.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I know living here, life in Haiti is like living in
a bucket full of crabs. Haitian Sadist or not,
it's their country, it's their problem. It's time
they stopped acting like animals, stopped the
witchcraft, started acting like civilized human
beings and learned how to wipe their own rear
ends.

It is not and can not be the sole responsibility
of the Dominican Republic to offer solutions for
all of their self inflicted ills.. Yes they had a rough
beginning but they'd have more than enough time
to get their act together.

Stop giving us reasons and start giving us results.
Then and only then would I consider revisiting the
idea of further assistance from the DR at a later point in time.

What the international community as whole should be
doing is setting goals, be them monthly, quarterly or annually
for that government with it's people to achieve. Make them
understand, if you want out of this hellish situation it will need
to be a collective effort. That means the people and their government
will need to stop(as Public Health Minister Plutarco Arias would say)
misbehaving.

Look at it like the carrot and the stick approach.

Agree. Lending and giving them money with only bureaucratic strings attached is throwing good money after bad. Make the carrots real and make the stick hurt very bad.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
I know living here...
A most reasoned and intelligent response. Far superior than those who are intellectually bankrupt. Doing the gorilla reach around and flinging it in the form of ad hominem attacks (you know who you are).

In Haiti there are those who would simply write off the human being that live there and walk way. The often state this from the pedestal of their own perceived superiority and privilege not earned but given to them after being robbed from others. The international community as a whole should be getting out of the way of the Haitian people. The international community as a whole IS responsible for the state of Haiti right now ‼️

The people of Haiti need to make a collective statement that says: "We got this"‼️Haiti should kick everyone who is not Haitian out of the country with the exception of diplomats. Everyone else who is there does not have the interests of Haiti in the fore front of their minds. Haiti needs to tell the economic imperialists to go home. And throw up two middle fingers up to all those who have written them off.

After that is done that does not preclude them from working with those willing to work with (not exploit) them. 🇩🇴 should be number one on that list. And I do not suggest that 🇩🇴 needs to fix anything in Haiti. But a watchful eye and governmental policies that assist and provide cooperation could help the governments and people of both countries.

My vision is 20/20. As I am not blinded my ideas of superiority or privilege‼️

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A most reasoned and intelligent response. Far superior than those who are intellectually bankrupt. Doing the gorilla reach around and flinging it in the form of ad hominem attacks (you know who you are).

In Haiti there are those who would simply write off the human being that live there and walk way. The often state this from the pedestal of their own perceived superiority and privilege not earned but given to them after being robbed from others. The international community as a whole should be getting out of the way of the Haitian people. The international community as a whole IS responsible for the state of Haiti right now ‼️

The people of Haiti need to make a collective statement that says: "We got this"‼️Haiti should kick everyone who is not Haitian out of the country with the exception of diplomats. Everyone else who is there does not have the interests of Haiti in the fore front of their minds. Haiti needs to tell the economic imperialists to go home. And throw up two middle fingers up to all those who have written them off.

After that is done that does not preclude them from working with those willing to work with (not exploit) them. 🇩🇴 should be number one on that list. And I do not suggest that 🇩🇴 needs to fix anything in Haiti. But a watchful eye and governmental policies that assist and provide cooperation could help the governments and people of both countries.

My vision is 20/20. As I am not blinded my ideas of superiority or privilege‼️
Absolutely close the border and leave Haiti to Haitians to work out their problems.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

Don't forget the ones who come to the DR to get a college education so they can go back and try to contribute their skills to improving the country.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Think maybe they went to the USA/Canada?? Leaving 0% going back to Haiti:rolleyes:

Graduates 🎓 of Haitian origin are the most success driven professionals in their fields.
They have only two options:
Succeed or Fail!
Back home there’s little to express for a successful future, so they look ahead and perform at their upmost best as Diaspora elsewhere.

There’s little lack of outstanding talents in the Haitian diasporas. They’re driven to success, not just complacency.

Their motivation is not lacking, but at home there isn’t a way to achieve any of that.
They see no future for them there.

Living in another country where there’s an aspect of the rules and a functional government, prods them to plan their lives away from home.

This is the main reason any attempts by NGOs to empower young Haitians with high education and know-how, fails miserably to provide economic class mobility in Haiti.
There are no jobs awaiting, no stability long term, no opportunities to seek in the future.

All has to be created from scratch there, for them to have something reminiscent of a successful career.

If you think jobs are a problem here, Haiti is a black hole when it comes to that.

It’s jut a matter of time until we see a new partitioned Haiti, if there’s no real government to speak of in the coming decade.

It will be a bonanza for outside powers to engage the parties and post claims on these self declared territories.

If it was up to the majority groups, they would had already put a used tire around the President and lit the flames 🔥

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
From the above, the only path for success for Haitians is to be somewhere else besides Haiti.

USA DOC

Bronze
Feb 20, 2016
That is exactly what everyone I know that's young asks me. Brazil, Chile, Mexico, USA. If I was rich maybe, but I can't help them with that.
well the Clinton foundation could ...if they would turn over the money they have been " keeping it in a safe place, until the time is right for Haiti to receive it".............

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
well the Clinton foundation could ...if they would turn over the money they have been " keeping it in a safe place, until the time is right for Haiti to receive it".............
`They could fix Haiti with the interest that money is generating.