Why Can't the Dominican Republic be the Solution to the Crisis in Haiti?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Wow. I'm speechless. Got some proof for what you're implying?
It would be very hard to show proofs of something pulled out of someone's rear end. Imagine posting statistics of something claimed aren't published. So where the "published" statistics come from? o_O

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
That said they can't differentiate between general assault and sexual assaults. That being stated - the whole study is close to useless. But my guess is there are multiple cities in the US with higher sexual assault stats

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
You do realize that the article you posted is from November 16, 2018, and has nothing to do with the Haitian crises, and this thread? Oh I forgot, sock puppet like you are a dime a dozen,

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Seriously. Is that the best you can do?

"Again, we filed Access to Information requests, trying to access the data behind these warnings. We were told that there were no records, and that Global Affairs does not have a file tracking specific incidents. In some cases, the warnings are 20 years old."

Reactions: CristoRey

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
This is hot topic! Most of feeds I get in my FB page are related to this... I don't know why, probably because I clicked like to most of them.

JJ

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If the view was that Haitians were refugees then they would receive different treatment and be able to appeal to the world for assistance with their refugee problems.
As they clearly cannot handle the problem in terms of illegal immigration if that is their story and they are sticking to it
Then it ahould be the UN declaring them to be refugees and forking out the money and help.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Until the DR establishes refugee camps, and deals with organized crime in both countries, there will be no tourism to either country.
The DR is having its best tourism year ever. Nobody cares about the Haitians so long as their AI resorts are fully stocked with good beer, food, and spirits.
Even the whore mongers don't care so long as the price remains stable.
About the only people complaining are the Haitians and the nations that won't take them.
And sock puppets. Can't forget the sock puppets

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Nan, your right on point and you make a lot of sense. And this is why some nations are beginning to feel the effects of there wrong doings of the past. Tourism is not a given!
Cancel culture bs doesn't apply to the DR.
They're killing it with the numbers right now. Haiti needs to be recolonized. It's the only shot they have at being a functioning country again. Clearly they are not capable of doing it on their own.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
If you base your opinion on a 4 year old Canadian news show, you sock puppets are doomed.
Maybe that's a good thing. Try the CBC too. They are even more informed on Dominican matters than CTV

• Haha
Reactions: CristoRey

Dorit

Sep 20, 2022
Perth Amboy, NJ
If you base your opinion on a 4 year old Canadian news show, you sock puppets are doomed.
Maybe that's a good thing. Try the CBC too. They are even more informed on Dominican matters than CTV
So, you're a Canadian who even watches CBC. Surprised. Most Canadians are more polite and respectful.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
So, you're a Canadian who even watches CBC. Surprised. Most Canadians are more polite and respectful.
That's one of the funniest crocks of shit this forum has heard from a sock puppet in a long time.
First off read the title of the thread.
Secondly, read the whole thread. You might actually learn a thing or 2 (but I have my doubts with you being a sock puppet and all)
Finally, where do you come up with this nonsense you are trying to sell. Is there actually a sock puppet school or perhaps a troll school where you are taught ridiculous and out dated thoughts.
I have heard that Haiti has great institutions to get you through this sad moment of your life. Go forth and explore.
Good luck and troll someone else.

Reactions: chico bill

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Polite to polite people, not to impolite people. The DR is not obligated to deal with anything in Haiti, and in fact Haitians don't want Dominicans in their country. As far as organized crime it isn't any different than the state you live in.

Dorit

Sep 20, 2022
Perth Amboy, NJ
That's one of the funniest crocks of shit this forum has heard from a sock puppet in a long time.
First off read the title of the thread.
Secondly, read the whole thread. You might actually learn a thing or 2 (but I have my doubts with you being a sock puppet and all)
Finally, where do you come up with this nonsense you are trying to sell. Is there actually a sock puppet school or perhaps a troll school where you are taught ridiculous and out dated thoughts.
I have heard that Haiti has great institutions to get you through this sad moment of your life. Go forth and explore.
Good luck and troll someone else.
Don't worry, I'm leaving. Just wondering if the same old racists and misogynists were still on DR1.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Don't worry, I'm leaving. Just wondering if the same old racists and misogynists were still on DR1.
Nope. We traded them out for a bunch of realists and people that can actuality think, walk, and chew gum at the same time.
Don't let the door beat you up on the way out.

Reactions: Naked_Snake