Why do Canadian women keep their new Dominican husbands locked up at home!!!!!!!!!!!!

crazy moon

Oct 2, 2005
My husband has been with me in Canada for over a year now. But within this year we have met 12 other couples in Canada. The husbands are Dominican and their parteners are Canadian women .Some young and some old.But for some reason the women like to keep their men hidden at home. Poor guys,10 men out of the 12 couples have told my husband how unhappy they are with their relationships. They all feel like they have no control anymore, one guy was even in tears and feeling like he was in jail. Very scared of his wife. What a sally. Well I guess they are learning that life may not be so great here after all. Or the women don't trust their husbands. These women need to give their men a break and let them see the outdoors once in a while. Or even let them hang with some Dominican guys. Has anyone else seem to be having this same problem in their relationship .If so I would love to hear about it.
Crazymoon:rolleyes::disappoin:paranoid:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Crazy moon, first of all let me say congratulation on making it to your one year anniversary together in Canada. I'm sure adjusting to life in Canada wasn't easy for your husband.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
My husband has been with me in Canada for over a year now. But within this year we have met 12 other couples in Canada. The husbands are Dominican and their parteners are Canadian women .Some young and some old.But for some reason the women like to keep their men hidden at home. Poor guys,10 men out of the 12 couples have told my husband how unhappy they are with their relationships. They all feel like they have no control anymore, one guy was even in tears and feeling like he was in jail. Very scared of his wife. What a sally. Well I guess they are learning that life may not be so great here after all. Or the women don't trust their husbands. These women need to give their men a break and let them see the outdoors once in a while. Or even let them hang with some Dominican guys. Has anyone else seem to be having this same problem in their relationship .If so I would love to hear about it.
Crazymoon:rolleyes::disappoin:paranoid:
Where in Canada? You gotta be joking.

donnaparadise

Sep 1, 2003
paralaestrella.com
You can't possibly be serious! A few reasons why these men might be at home might be that they are not working yet and don't have money to go out, they've been caught cheating once too many times, there just isn't enough money from what the wife earns to 'go out with the boys', etc.

I doubt very much that these women are holding their husbands hostage and won't 'let' them out..... Nice to come on here and suggest somehow Canadian women are nuts without more facts.......

S

sokitoumi

I'm sure Dominican women all over the country are laughing about this post if they see it- the poor little meek Dominican men , I dont think so

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
These women have insecurity written all over them and the men are well...weak to say the least.

Like the other poster said, I doubt they are chained up in the house and doubt they have electronic tracking devices on their ankles. Just because they are in Canada because they married these women does not mean they should not be able to establish a life here. Networking with other Dominicans is important. If these women were married to Canadian men it would never last. They would surely tell them where to go. Perhaps that's why they chose Dominican men in hopes of being in control of their relationships.

A tiger never changes his stripes.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
What is there not to believe that these men are chained to radiator heaters at home?
First of all, these men are totally uneducated, some were hotel servants, others were motoconcho level workers or just some jobless street tigres. Not one was a lawyer or a doctors, engineer or even a professional office/business type, college degree holder. These guys are all ghetto tigres who were working like slaves in some service field type industry (most likely hotel industry). They know how to speak English and dance well, perform well in bed too, but that's about how far their abilities go. These guys are not trained to hold any type of a respectable job in canada. They have no education and zero knowledge on international level current events. They have no idea where they are on a world map, except they know they are in canada. So naturally the women see their weaknesses and are embarrassed to show their husbands to anyone with any level of education. The canadians are pretty smart people and have good education as compared to USA. These hotel servant types are too out classed by other canadian men, husbands of other women. These dominican men can't hold any serious intellectual conversation except baseball. They know nothing about anything in general. They are depending on their wives, have no cash and if they work, they are taxi drivers, janitors, restaurant waiters, security guard or work at a local colmado. These women who have married these types are no charlie angels either. They couldn't find a decent man in canada so they had to settle for these types of men. Now they hold their men at home so he won't embarrass her by speaking to anyone. Remember, people still look strangely at you in north america if they see a white/black couple. They are more likely to be noticed if they live in a all white area. In many cases, the women look like moms of the men in many cases.
I am sure the men are also afraid to go out, drive in city or simply have no cash to spend. These women keep a tight leash on them.
Oh and one more thing: these tigres would cheat on their wives at first opportunity.
AZB

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
What is there not to believe that these men are chained to radiator heaters at home?
First of all, these men are totally uneducated, some were hotel servants, others were motoconcho level workers or just some jobless street tigres. Not one was a lawyer or a doctors, engineer or even a professional office/business type, college degree holder. These guys are all ghetto tigres who were working like slaves in some service field type industry (most likely hotel industry). They know how to speak English and dance well, perform well in bed too, but that's about how far their abilities go. These guys are not trained to hold any type of a respectable job in canada. They have no education and zero knowledge on international level current events. They have no idea where they are on a world map, except they know they are in canada. So naturally the women see their weaknesses and are embarrassed to show their husbands to anyone with any level of education. The canadians are pretty smart people and have good education as compared to USA. These hotel servant types are too out classed by other canadian men, husbands of other women. These dominican men can't hold any serious intellectual conversation except baseball. They know nothing about anything in general. They are depending on their wives, have no cash and if they work, they are taxi drivers, janitors, restaurant waiters, security guard or work at a local colmado. These women who have married these types are no charlie angels either. They couldn't find a decent man in canada so they had to settle for these types of men. Now they hold their men at home so he won't embarrass her by speaking to anyone. Remember, people still look strangely at you in north america if they see a white/black couple. They are more likely to be noticed if they live in a all white area. In many cases, the women look like moms of the men in many cases.
I am sure the men are also afraid to go out, drive in city or simply have no cash to spend. These women keep a tight leash on them.
Oh and one more thing: these tigres would cheat on their wives at first opportunity.
AZB

I couldn't have said it better.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
The canadians are pretty smart people and have good education as compared to USA.
you got any facts to back this up ? i'm sure Canada doesnt have any top-ranked colleges or universities that rank higher than the big boys in the USA....
Hey, if AZB says it, it's true. LOL

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
These tigres live La Vida Loca back home. They may be poor, but these sankies do whatever they want-multiple foreign sex partners, kids with different dominican women without having to pay child support and spending all day and night lying to everyone they meet. And they do this with smiles on their faces.

In other words, no morals, no scruples 24 hours a day. Would you let one of these creatures out of their cages if you married one?

The women who go through the long process of bringing one of these guys over now can compare and realize that these guys aren't as appealing in their real lives.

Without the dominican sun reflecting off the sand and that pi?a colada in their hand, it is not difficult to see that these guys are useless anywhere other than the bedroom.

And even that won't last too long if the couple are not really in love.

Last edited:

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
OMG people you're singing the same old song. Non of the people that have answered so far has a Dominican husband so you are not answering the original poster's question you're just repeated the same old thing and assuming.

Life in Canada is certainly not like in the DR for sure.

First of all our booze costs a fortune so most immigrants can not go out and drink and socialize every night of the week like in the DR. Maybe these guys feel like they are in jail compared to the DR because here life is about work, eat and sleep and repeat the next day. Most people don't go wondering around and find people outside to socialize with like in the DR. We have structure, we make plans and appointments to see each other ;). Men don't go out dancing every day of the week here. So of course they feel they are in jail if they have to wait to have some money or wait for the weekend to go out.

Crazy moon you're best to talk to the wives of these guys because they are the ones that will tell you what is really going on.

And to add;
I would also think that going from being single to being married might feel like jail for most men, Dominican or not. ;)

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
ABZ is correct in everything he says except the parts about mixed couples. Mixed race couples of evey ethnic variety are quite common in Canada. Nobody stares unless the girl is really good looking.

Princesa777

Apr 13, 2008
OMG people you're singing the same old song. Non of the people that have answered so far has a Dominican husband so you are not answering the original poster's question you're just repeated the same old thing and assuming.

Life in Canada is certainly not like in the DR for sure.

First of all our booze costs a fortune so most immigrants can not go out and drink and socialize every night of the week like in the DR. Maybe these guys feel like they are in jail compared to the DR because here life is about work, eat and sleep and repeat the next day. Most people don't go wondering around and find people outside to socialize with like in the DR. We have structure, we make plans and appointments to see each other ;). Men don't go out dancing every day of the week here. So of course they feel they are in jail if they have to wait to have some money or wait for the weekend to go out.

Crazy moon you're best to talk to the wives of these guys because they are the ones that will tell you what is really going on.

And to add;
I would also think that going from being single to being married might feel like jail for most men, Dominican or not. ;)

I agree with you 100%. A major part of the problem is just the adjustment to Canadian life. They might feel locked up, because they only go out clubbing (or doing something different) once a week, but I think an average Canadian considers this normal. In the DR alot more time (and money) is spend on socializing then in USA/Canada/Europe. So they might feel like they are never going out (compared to what they are used to) but in fact its just normal (for those countries).

I have a Dominican husband too and although we dont live in Canada, i do recognize some of the stuff that you describe, although not in such a high degree. And they were mainly playing in the beginning (although he has only been here 4 months). The streets were soooo quiet, nothing was going on, people just didnt come in, we didnt go out every night etc. In other words it was sooo boring and we didnt do anything... Even though I tried to do something special at least once a week, like going to a concert or a zoo or whatever. Although he liked this a lot, it didnt make the other 6 boring and similiar days go away...
He's more used to it now and he also has a job for 40 hours a week, so he's feeling a lot better now. But still he likes the Dominican lifestyle alot better :) And you cant really blame him, lol

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ABZ is correct in everything he says except the parts about mixed couples. Mixed race couples of evey ethnic variety are quite common in Canada. Nobody stares unless the girl is really good looking.

Hahahaha, so true. sadly , if that's the case, then i guess not many good looking women left in canada. hahahaha.
AZB

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Maybe they just want OP to feel sorry for them. Almost every Dominican I ever talked to had some kind of sad story of divorce, break up or bad relationship in his life (99% of what they were telling me was not true, it was reality they altered for their convenience, to look good for other people). I noticed, some people loooove when others feel for them - just in case they can get something out of that person (a date, money, etc. etc. etc. ;) )

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Interesting because my Dominicana is a homebody- she doesn't care for socializing, doesn't drink or smoke, prefers to work, read, sleep or exercise. Her mind never stops working and she doesn't really know how to relax. I'm always trying to get her to go somewhere do something but she's never bored because she is always working on this project or another. Right now she's writing a book, teaching herself how to speak French, preparing her school for the new year...etc. I have to force her off the computer where she's always developing a new form, or financial spreadsheet, or doing school business, this off course after she works 8 hours in her regular job. No wonder she didn't marry a Dominican - he would never put up with a workaholic like her. I sometimes get tired just watching her.

Last edited by a moderator:

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I think if they married guys that were working in hotels they are going to be very bored. These guys are used to being in an environment that is a constant party.

If they married a guy that was a professional and was working a 9-5 job this person would not have been out partying everyday. They would be used to only going out on the weekends.