Why do Dominican need to steal from me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
John the classy guy who never talks about his wealth. hahaha

I will donate $1000.00 to your favorite charity if you can find any postings that I made (not you) that says I own 200 apartments and have millions of dollars.
And if you can't I would like you to donate $100.00 to La Casa Rosada (the ophanage not the other "house")
Posted here for the whole world to see.
Go for it my friend.
JOHN

I was not talking specifics, as to exactly how many apartments you own or exactly how much money you have, i was talking about you boasting about your great wealth...
Here are a few threads and posts written by you.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/27027-christmas-get-together-new-yorkers-3.html

First my house--I live in a great big house in one of the finest communties in all of NYC.- 6 BR 5 baths- professional pool room etc. Live -in maid that polishes the oak floors 1x week.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/business-questions/30399-off-shore-bank-financing.html#post195835

US $600,000????? What are you building - a 10 b/r mansion???? Seems a high figure unless you are building in Santiago or Sto Dgo!! - Grahame.
Live in the U.S.-have more than enough collateral here to use if I wanted to re-fi and use money to make purchase there but am more interested in exploring alternative ways of doing the deal.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/business-...-see-their-golden-oppertunity.html#post192301

Born and raised in NYC about 150 years ago-owner of a number of multiple family buildings , and have employed many, many Doms. in a manufacturing business that I ran for most of my adult life.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/business-questions/32685-real-estate.html#post217590

I am involved right now in exploring/investing in pre-construction projects in Miami and I am approaching these deals as if I'm walking on eggs or a mine field. These deals are with builders that have done many glass towers before and operate with the laws of the United States.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/business-questions/32685-real-estate.html#post217589

Back in March of this year I looked at several opportunites in the DR and the ones I was most interested in were in Bavaro.In fact, I chased after a 24 unit that was offered at about $800M. I gave an offer at $600M (didnt get the property and I understand it sold for $725M) At that price the deal doesnt make any sense at all as you can buy in Miami or parts of N.Y.better properties.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/legal/35611-corporation-real-estate-purchase.html#post247910

Its no different than the way we own multiple properties here in NY. We have a separate corp. or LLC for each of our buildings

http://www.dr1.com/forums/business-questions/40992-investing-dr-3.html#post301245

I am not an agent but an owner of multi family buildings in the NY/NJ area

Do you need more examples? this all I found in matter of minutes.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
he claims he never talks about wealth but every time he says something, it has to do with money. he even offers money if I find a post where he brags about his wealth.
Notice, he didn't offer to buy me beer, instead, offered to donate 1000 dollars to charity.
AZB

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
It seems to me

That AZB wins the $1,000 US for his favorite charity, or were we ?
AZB is going to need the address of La Casa Rosada in order to send his check. As he failed to produce ONE posting where I said I was a millionare OR owned 200 apartments I feel he should send his check to those that need it more than him or his high flaluntening (SP) friends. In fact, I should have made the bet that if he lost (which he did) he would need to ask his big shot amigos to each write a check.
BTW-Old Chinese proverb--never look into the pocket of another person as it might affect your mental health or writing skills.
Now back on topic.......

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Read post below

he claims he never talks about wealth but every time he says something, it has to do with money. he even offers money if I find a post where he brags about his wealth.
Notice, he didn't offer to buy me beer, instead, offered to donate 1000 dollars to charity.
AZB
and get back on topic before someone shoots both of us.
john

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
specifics only in general. Hey whats a million here or a million there?

there he goes again, talking about millions.
Just look at some his threads and you will see he only talks about opening up businesses here, employing honest dominicans, investing money and buying real estates etc etc.
I wonder what happened to his business he opened up in santo domingo? no words or updates?

Anyway, Johne, you have proved yourself to be a classy guy, always talking about your wealth. hahahahaha.
AZB

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
For peace of mind, if I can afford to give and I give, if not I won't. But I do not lend money.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Lets call a truce and...

there he goes again, talking about millions.
Just look at some his threads and you will see he only talks about opening up businesses here, employing honest dominicans, investing money and buying real estates etc etc.
I wonder what happened to his business he opened up in santo domingo? no words or updates?

Anyway, Johne, you have proved yourself to be a classy guy, always talking about your wealth. hahahahaha.
AZB

do something classy together. Send whatever you want to my favorite charity La Casa Rosada and I will match the donation.
OK?--please stop the back and forth and lets be positive not negative. I started this tread last night and that's behind me now. It's a new day.
PM me with the amount I should forward.
Thanks
JOHN

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I don't get the point here. AZB is saying that John always writes about how rich he is but AZB is forever telling us about ( to the point of nausea) that he knows and hangs around the rich and well do to Dominicans.

John stop defending yourself. There's nothing wrong with being rich, AZB tells us about it all the time :laugh:

Don't you know there's no winning with an Aries? :laugh:

Sep 19, 2005
You know AZB OF COURSE the upper class people act better usually...they are more relaxed and comfortable in life..they dont WORRY about food and clothing....

so

when people comment on dominican life in general it doesnt include the upper crust of dominican society....even if thats where you socialize....the comparison and comments are directed at NORMAL life...and a household with merceds AND other cars worth 115K US are not NORMAL

its like the average person walking around town in london may have a tough life making ends meet... and then someone says

" well my friend the duke or earl doesnt have to scavenge for food"....well NO HE DOESNT...neither does the queen, and neither are pertinent to the point at hand....

Very few domincans can be friends with the upper crust of dominican society...thats life.....but the charm that draws people to the domincan republic doesnt come from the UPPER crust of that country...it comes from the simple people who show up on the surface of every day... and sure there are a few desperate or other wise crooked people down in that layer of society , because things are not handed to them and some take the easy way out and steal and worse....

It really hurts many threads when you come out with comments about elite friends not having those issues. When the discussion really only involves the normal dominican citizen.

consider yourself lucky to have such friends in the DR.....I have them as well, but I have just as many down in the normal economical social strata...if I used those words correctly!

its a bell curve thing...throw away the people so poor they are dying... and also those who are so rich they dont know how to spend a fraction of their money...all the rest is the bulk that people see everyday

bob

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Way too many off topic

Sorry to say that I participated in the nonsense of off topic with Mr. Mix-it-up.
The initial posts were very interesting and perhaps we can return to the topic.
John

Jun 5, 2004
Well johne sad to hear that you have been ripped off by Dominicans but there are people of this kind in every race (even in yours) so I believe that to attribute it to a race is just not the right thing to do but attribute it to the person.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
I will concur with others by saying that when its about money, lending should be the exception to the rule, only to be applied in a "real" emergency and even then you are taking a chance. Don't take it the wrong way but I must also add that the title of the the thread is provocative and insensitive.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Don't take it the wrong way but I must also add that the title of the the thread is provocative and insensitive.

Those are apparantly the author's intentions to stir the hornet's nest.
This is not the first time.

tambo'

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
My rule of thumb...

To the OP:

My father always told me to never lend more money than you can stand to lose. That way you can lend someone money without any expectation of ever seeing it again. However, I haven't always followed this doctrine and I've been burned as a result. But it's a lot easier to take the loss if your true purpose in lending was to really help the person borrowing.

Now as to the other direction this thread has taken...

I assume that most of the people here do not choose their dominican friends based upon economic status or social standing. And I seriously doubt that they travel with these things in mind. I mean, think about it. If all we wanted to do is rub shoulders with the extremely wealthy and influential, WHY THE HELL WOULD WE VACATION IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?!?

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE the DR! But isn't it like the second or third poorest country in that hemisphere? You don't travel to a third world country with the intention of partying with Trump and the Clintons. Hell it's a lot easier to do that here in the states.

You might be surprised to learn that some of us do not have to venture beyond the borders of our own communities to associate with the "well-to-do" and the "upwardly mobile" (We just don't constantly talk about it...Geez). But trust me, when forced to do it every day, it starts to get a little dry. It's the very reason a lot of people travel to the DR from more developed and economically stable countries.

I travel to the DR for variety and adventure. The country, as well as it's people, are in possession of a unique charm that has nothing to do with it's wealth (or lack thereof).

Nos vemos despues.

Vince.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
To the OP:

My father always told me to never lend more money than you can stand to lose. That way you can lend someone money without any expectation of ever seeing it again. However, I haven't always followed this doctrine and I've been burned as a result. But it's a lot easier to take the loss if your true purpose in lending was to really help the person borrowing.

Now as to the other direction this thread has taken...

I assume that most of the people here do not choose their dominican friends based upon economic status or social standing. And I seriously doubt that they travel with these things in mind. I mean, think about it. If all we wanted to do is rub shoulders with the extremely wealthy and influential, WHY THE HELL WOULD WE VACATION IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC?!?

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely LOVE the DR! But isn't it like the second or third poorest country in that hemisphere? You don't travel to a third world country with the intention of partying with Trump and the Clintons. Hell it's a lot easier to do that here in the states.

You might be surprised to learn that some of us do not have to venture beyond the borders of our own communities to associate with the "well-to-do" and the "upwardly mobile" (We just don't constantly talk about it...Geez). But trust me, when forced to do it every day, it starts to get a little dry. It's the very reason a lot of people travel to the DR from more developed and economically stable countries.

I travel to the DR for variety and adventure. The country, as well as it's people, are in possession of a unique charm that has nothing to do with it's wealth (or lack thereof).

Nos vemos despues.

Vince.

Nice post but if you don't mind I would like to lend you eerrr I mean give you some info.;) The DR is not the second or third poorest nation in this hemisphere. Of the 20 Latin American countries it is in 10th place in the Gross National Income index. Not bad for an island of 9 million.:cheeky:

Latin America: Definition and Much More from Answers.com

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The DR is in "TENTH PLACE" Due To TWO "THINGS"!

All the "Dominicanas" who are selling there "PU$$Y" in Europe, AND all the Dominican Drug Dealers in the USA,Canada, and Europe! Both of whice send about 2 BILLION Dollars US "Back Home" every year!

An "ISLAND PARADISE" with a population of 8 million,that is in 4th. Place in number of prostitutes working "overseas"! Just Behind Thailand,Brasil,and the Phillipines!
I can only be glad that there are STILL about a "Million" left here so I can get laid!!:glasses:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I travel to many countries and I have never seen a dominican prostitute anywhere. I know they exist but not like what people think they do. The #1 hookers you see in the world today are russians and others from eastern european states. No body knows about dominican hookers anywhere in europe, the russians and eastern european hookers dominate the world.
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.