why do dominicans hate us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you post a pic of you and your woman?

This really is an odd story to me but are you generally not friendly, miserable looking and have an attitude that you are better than everyone else?

I am very different looking from what most doms are used to and I am constantly amazed at how nice and helpful doms are to us.

People do ask us for stuff of course all the time but they also give us lots of stuff, don't see that happening in Canada!!!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Smiling Faces

If I was to leave the country, it will be the smiling faces I'd miss most.

donP

harry2010

Apr 27, 2010
my bet is there is a huge age difference between husband and wife. i don't think they hate the OP for that. It just makes the locals uncomfortable and want to gossip. But no Hate.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
It may be how you dress. SDO is more formal. Long pants, shirt with sleves. In the north, torists were short an t shirts. They may think you look funny.

Apr 7, 2014
Everywhere I go with the wife they point and laugh at us. This is a daily occurence. The hate and insecurity they have towards foreigners is unlike anywhere else I have seen.

They have to be the most ignorant, hateful people I have ever encountered, all beggars, men, women and children.
A. Because of envy. You can do things with ease they have immense difficulty doing.
B. You can even waste more than they ever had
C. They are highly conformist people so if what you wear is not Eurocentric nor Europhilic they will laugh.

I copped some cool dashikis on 127 and Lenox last night and I will wear them when I go back next month. They will laugh because the patterns are more vivid than guayabera shirts. But thin, airy and comfortable.

D. Sour grapes. People will deflect the embarrassment and humiliation from not having access to anything you can do. So they say they never wanted to do that stuff anyway(or said new food stuff is nasty, or said new fragrance stinks, or your lodging is ugly, even though they live in a house that is 300 sq. Feet with unpainted cinder block walls and a roof made of scrap wood).

E. Begging. HTF yea. And that is a problem.

His Royal Majesty, Lord Belly Button Kidney Bean, House of Donkey Kong

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
Maybe they hate "YOU"... but they don't hate me... So far, every one I've met is nice, kind, helpful... And no, nobody never took advantage of me... I'm too mean for that.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I'm thinking you may have it a bit mixed up bud. In my seven years visiting the DR, I've never encountered the hate you describe. I get the stares, of course, because, I'm clearly a gringo. It could also be that gf is much younger than me.
May I suggest you lighten up a bit; maybe even attempt to engage in convo before you write them off as ignorant beggars.
From the tone of your attitude, you probably would have fit in very nicely with the colonialists in India.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I have to disagree with the OP, I find Dominicans extremely friendly and always SMILE BACK when I flash one... Walking down the streets of Toronto if I smile at someone on the street they are offended or frightened... DOMINICANS are not hateful and spiteful..

You must be one scary looking guy then. I'm not a fan of Toronto, but both my wife and I have found Torontonians very friendly. As far as please and thankful, Dame is the favorite word of most people, and Gracias isn't. I find in general that the older generations , Dominicans from 50-90 years old are far more formal and polite.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Everywhere I go with the wife they point and laugh at us. This is a daily occurence. The hate and insecurity they have towards foreigners is unlike anywhere else I have seen.

They have to be the most ignorant, hateful people I have ever encountered, all beggars, men, women and children.

THEY DON'T!
Talking about insecurity.
Well maybe you have funny faces or dress???
No couldn't be the dress, I mean they love spandex.:classic:

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013

Really?. You're the one that feels this way, and you still live here. Who's the stupid one??

bizzyboneizo

Aug 31, 2010
it may happen to me a few times by myself but i never went through that with my girl with me. they could be laughing at what the women is wearing or they might know something you dont know.news travel

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I think that rather than psychoanalyzing the OP we should give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that his perceptions are accurate. There is a certain amount of very rude people here; they might be in the minority but they do exist and they will do and say things which would never fly back in the states.
Here are some possible reasons:

1. You and your wife have a very large age difference (e.g. 30 years).
2. You are white and your wife is dark.
For the first 2 reasons their minds go to the gutter and assume that it is a relationship based upon money and sex.

3. You have money and they don’t. Jealousy plain and simple.
4. Liberal revisionism while not as strong as in America does exist here. Thus, hatred of whites and Europeans as colonizers and exploiters does exist.

The reasons could be for a millions different things or they could be the figment of his imagination. Hatred of whites- even the Haitians apparently don't hate whites. The Jealousy factor is real and evident with many Dominicans. The OP has posted many questions that suggest he is somewhat clueless about life in general so who know what is really happening. His perception of reality I suspect is somewhat different than the average persons.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012

I don't know where you are from but I have lived here for 9 years. Yes Dominicans, like all others, have their issues, but hate for foreigners is not one of them. I think that the insecurity you say they have for foreigners is YOURS not their's.
Go HOME!!

Status
Not open for further replies.