Why don't illegals sleep at night???

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Feeling sorry for someone does not give them the right to not follow any rules

I agree, but what has that got to do with anything on this thread?

What are you talking about, feeling sorry for someone? I think you have misunderstood anything I said, if anything I feel sorry for you and your narrow mindedness.

xwill

Dec 2, 2011
I agree, but what has that got to do with anything on this thread?

What are you talking about, feeling sorry for someone? I think you have misunderstood anything I said, if anything I feel sorry for you and your narrow mindedness.

I have friends from that country and I know very good ones through out my life. Even they can not stand the ones causing problems. I know many that work hard and live a better life in DR... It is the crazy ones that I am talking about.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Don't be an ass, it works both ways. Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour. Spending all your working hours bitching about how things could be better rather than getting on and making things better, you could learn a thing or two from the Haitian work ethic.

This has got to be the dumbest post ever.

Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour.

So what your implying is, That we Dominican should be thanking the Haitian for the lil bit of progress the DR has achieved? Interesting, I now propose we send all haitians back to Haity, and have them work on that side of the Island.

you could learn a thing or two from the Haitian work ethic.

Haitian work ethic, NGO's (with hand extended) please give us some more free monies.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Until there is an appreciation of sorts it will always be impossible to have a conversation of any kind with a Dominican of the majorities frame of mind about Haitians in the DR. It is simply pointless. This time it is why are Haitians voices so loud in the morning, lol.
I suppose it makes a nice change to;

[video=youtube;brj2UkUPjCI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brj2UkUPjCI&feature=related[/video]

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
Until there is an appreciation of sorts it will always be impossible to have a conversation of any kind with a Dominican of the majorities frame of mind about Haitians in the DR. It is simply pointless. This time it is why are Haitians voices so loud in the morning, lol.
I suppose it makes a nice change to;

The same could be said about having a conversation with pro-inmigration types like you, specially when all your discourse is reduced to:

"Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour."

or

"you could learn a thing or two from the Haitian work ethic."

Which could be well qualified as racist statements against the majority population. You see, in these kinds of topics it takes two to tango.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
It's sort of hard to have a eloquent conversation with someone that starts their post with the phrase "Don't be an ass", then continue to insult a large group of people by insinuating that they "Spend all working hour bitching"". Furthermore, continues his rant with an elitist comment by telling same group of people, they could "learn a thing or two" from another group of people he honestly doesn't know anything about.

Last edited:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Diminishing all Dominicans as lazy is just typical standard "gringo in a tourist area" fare.

First, the work ethic in the southern Hemisphere is more relaxed and to top that off the country has been flooded by probably more than a million Haitians who are now competing for the lowest paying jobs - and just like in the States or elsewhere the people on the lower economic scale feel the pressure and resent those who would take jobs from them. Too, while Haitians might live 20 to a house with people sleeping on the floor and thus have little expenses many Dominicans don't want to work Haitians are able to live off of.

Finally, what the foreigners really could do to help out the Haitians and Dominicans is get rid of that chip on their shoulder and realize that significant Haitians have been able to survive in Haiti and here because many have come here and found work and free medical care and then do something about it like invest in the DR or Haiti.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Ah, the usual take everything out of context BS, lol.

Look, this started out as a 'why do illegals talk so loud at night' (or somethign along those lines, so remember where the generalizing is here), I was someway along the line trying to put things into context to stop the generalization, in which it has turned that I am now generalizing as my words and comments are taken out of context, deliberately, which is not surprising on this topic is it. Carry on with it and see how you get nowhere on this, I'll spectate.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
It's very easy to quote anyone out of context when all one receives is snippet and pieces from a conversation someone had in some other place. However, it's very difficult to quote someone out of context when everything conversed by said person is right in front of you; written in black and white. I'm just saying, its all.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Ah, the usual take everything out of context BS, lol.

Everything you wrote is clear. I don't think anyone is in the dark about what you think about Dominicans and what they do with their lives or their work ethic, or lack of.

I mean what is there not to understand from your quote "Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour."?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Certain people require certain approaches to get certain points across (refer to the title of this thread), during these exchanges it is easy to become engaged in sweeping generalizations and for things to get bent out of context, especially when people are trying to as you are. I stand by my comments, but I would have phrased them differently so as these pointless exchanges need not take place. It is like every other conversation I have tried to have with a Dominican about Haitians, goes nowhere fast and lands on deaf ears, one dimensional and relentless (I should know better), and so I shall refrain from banging my opinionated head off this empty wall any more.
Just saying/said.:tired:

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
I mean what is there not to understand from your quote "Nothing practical would get done in the country if it was left down to Dominican labour."?

Sweeping I'll give you that, but handing percentages over in nd exchange loosens the grasp of where I'm coming from. Obviously I don't feel all Doms are the same. And not even the majority that I know. But when faced with a wall of no appreciation what so ever, like I said, things get bent out of context. Take it how you want to Chip, it really is no skin here or there. Appreciation on both sides is how I started my approach to this, that is how I'd like to end it. Bend it which ever way you want to, it is your time and effort.

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
Sue?os

Why don't illegals sleep at night??? You can hear them at all hours of the night in Santiago talking very loud. I don't stay in a barrio, but they can afford apartments near where I stay because they split the rent between like 30 of them! People have to work the next day!
Real question: Why do they talk so loud if the person is 2 feet in front of them?

Probably because they don't work the next day but have enough money to party.
The three o'clock rooster would just wake them up for the cock fights, so why sleep?
One can sleep during the hot daylight hours........ :cheeky::rambo:

LittleBird

Jul 8, 2011
That must be terrible, living 20 people to a house.
You gotta feel sorry for them, rather than some douche who is having his beauty sleep interrupted.

Mods, I am trying to go gently with this pigxswill.

Back a few yrs ago I was working in Key west... rent was so dear that the Russians over on work visa's would rent an apt and put 6ppl in a two bedroom.. half would work day shift the other nights.. so they could share beds.

Living in Denver in the early 1980's. We had Vietnamese/chinese that would rent a 2 bedroom apt.. and put three families in it.. mom and dad would work two jobs, and gramma would watch the littleones in the apt and have her own home based business.

In some cultures due to economics, it is normal to have 20 ppl to a house... unfortunately it does not bode well for the house, esp if the culture of the rentees is not one of taking care of the living space. :(

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
In some cultures due to economics, it is normal to have 20 ppl to a house... unfortunately it does not bode well for the house, esp if the culture of the rentees is not one of taking care of the living space. :(

Not only it doesn't bode well for the house, but also for the neighborhood at large, specially if epidemics set in, which is a sure a bet in a climate like the one of this island during some months of the year (rainy season).