Why DR1, why????

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
If you are logged in, then your account has ZERO connection with Facebook.
Even if your not logged in, all it pulls is a small image file.
The "Like" buttons are iframed, so should not cause any loading issues.

Please post the link to the other forum you're talking about, so I can go take a look.

Thanks.

I am not blaming anybody Robert, I don't know what is happening, just telling what I am experiencing.

The link to the other forum is Hondenvrienden.be, its a Belgium forum.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
... but whenever you now open a thread it somehow routes through FB, and then google adds... just look at the bottom of your screen, and it makes the whole thing immensely slow for those with already slow speeds...

Exactly what BelgianK said.
I DO have a FB account, but since I hate that kind of "stuff" I am almost NEVER logged on. Nevertheless, EVERY time I open a thread or navigate in any way thru the Forum, as BelgianK mentions I can observe my browser communicating with facebook.connect and google.ads etc. while the requested page is to load.

I too, would be one to suspect that this could only decrease the forums agility.

... J-D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I DO have a FB account, but since I hate that kind of "stuff" I am almost NEVER logged on. Nevertheless, EVERY time I open a thread or navigate in any way thru the Forum, as BelgianK mentions I can observe my browser communicating with facebook.connect and google.ads etc. while the requested page is to load.

I too, would be one to suspect that this could only decrease the forums agility.

... J-D.

Are you logged in when you see google.ads?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The link to the other forum is Hondenvrienden.be, its a Belgium forum.

I have taken a look at their forum. They are using different forum software to us and I cannot find a single reference in their code to Facebook.

Can you please post a link to the page on the site that mentions Facebook etc.

Thanks.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by J D Sauser

... J-D.

Are you logged in when you see google.ads?

I don't believe to even have a Google ID. I don't have a google page open either.
As for FB. No, I am almost NEVER logged on. I am not now and it still reaches out to all of them... The ONLY thing I am almost ALWAYS ON is skype.
An other one it pulls but so quickly, I can't even read it is something with "stats".

I WISHED I could somehow film my screen directly (without using an actual camera) and slow it down to really see what all it does. There wouldn't be such an application, now would there?

... J-D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I don't believe to even have a Google ID. I don't have a google page open either.
As for FB. No, I am almost NEVER logged on. I am not now and it still reaches out to all of them... The ONLY thing I am almost ALWAYS ON is skype.
An other one it pulls but so quickly, I can't even read it is something with "stats".

I WISHED I could somehow film my screen directly (without using an actual camera) and slow it down to really see what all it does. There wouldn't be such an application, now would there?

... J-D.

Lets make this simple, answer the questions Yes or No :)

1) Are you logged in and username showing?
2) Do you see Google text ads on the page?
3) Do you still have the same problem if you logout and log back in again?

Thanks.

Reactions: rio2003

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
dr1 (and all other sites) work perfectly well on my laptop unless miesposo has torrentz open.
i am, however, a bit bitter about linking dr1 and FB. FB has wormed it's way into everything, i am afraid to lift loo's lid without "LIKE IT" window popping up. for the love of god, life is crappy enough without this additional invation of privacy.
i'd rather stay in la edad media, thank you :)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I have taken a look at their forum. They are using different forum software to us and I cannot find a single reference in their code to Facebook.

Can you please post a link to the page on the site that mentions Facebook etc.

Thanks.

Sorry Robert, it was already quite some time ago that I visit that website and there is indeed no reference anymore to FB, I spoke to soon, sorry :ermm:

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Lets make this simple, answer the questions Yes or No :)

1) Are you logged in and username showing?
*** Yes, and nothing of the above mentioned happens, pages load quick and do not show any linking/connection***
2) Do you see Google text ads on the page?
*** never, not while logging in nor while changing pages after I logged in ***
3) Do you still have the same problem if you logout and log back in again?
*** when I log out and back in, through my log-in saved in my favorite menue, then I have to wait a bit, sometimes just a eyeblink, sometimes over 5 seconds, during that timeperiod my browser shows www.facebook.com/extern/login_status?_api ..., google ads never showed up, after I am logged in with my bordname shown on Top of the page I do not see such again in my browser***
Thanks.

I had to do that log in and out several times to completely read the lines,
b/c mostly it goes very quick and is not exactly readable.
once I am logged in nothing else than the DR1 pageload messages appears in my Browser, and the pages load quick.
that once in a while a page may load a bit slower is normal and can have a thousand reasons, like a slow moment of my wireless stick/connection, or a moment with a significant number of persons loading into the same Topic/section, or while writing an answer to an Topic somebody else answered also during that timeperiod etc etc.
Once my bordname is on the screen i can not find anything unusual.

I hope that helps to figure out what may slow down some connections/constellations/computers etc

Mike

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com

... J-D.

Does show with me also when logging in or changing pages and a string with a link to FB but I tried to print screen it but its just a glimp so too fast.

No Google ads shown when logged in Robert

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Does show with me also when logging in or changing pages and a string with a link to FB but I tried to print screen it but its just a glimp so too fast.

No Google ads shown when logged in Robert

You still see the Facebook string (URL) now, even when you logout and log back in again?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I just tried opening several threads. I am logged into DR 1 and saw, depending on the thread, the following:

waiting for DR1
waiting for DR1 ads
waiting for tinypic
waiting for Facebook

There are times my internet is slow even though I have Codetel Flash at 1.5. The lines at the bottom are more easily readable the slower my connection is.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I just tried opening several threads. I am logged into DR 1 and saw, depending on the thread, the following:

waiting for DR1
waiting for DR1 ads
waiting for tinypic
waiting for Facebook

There are times my internet is slow even though I have Codetel Flash at 1.5. The lines at the bottom are more easily readable the slower my connection is.

waiting for DR1 - That is your slow connection
waiting for DR1 ads - DR1 banner ad software
waiting for tinypic - Someone posted a photo on another site and linked it to DR1. It's waiting for it to load
waiting for Facebook - You shouldn't see that now as I have disabled all Facebook code temporarily while I test.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Sorry for delay in adding my bit to this thread. Due to no electric and then ages to log into DR1. I have exactly the same problem and is taking me ages to log in and then ages to get to each thread. Yes I am on facebook but use it like once a month. No I am never logged in to facebook. I use a Claro wireless stick. The main problem is that I want to beat Anna in Tetris and now it takes me so long to log in, I cannot play a lot and I got to within 200,000 points. How the hell do you do it Anna????!!!!

Please solve this problem with the time to log in so I can get more practise in!!!

Matilda

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I'm always logged onto facebook, and I don't have any problems.

When Codetel is slow, everything is slow. When it's fast, everything is fast.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Sorry for delay in adding my bit to this thread. Due to no electric and then ages to log into DR1. I have exactly the same problem and is taking me ages to log in and then ages to get to each thread. Yes I am on facebook but use it like once a month. No I am never logged in to facebook. I use a Claro wireless stick. The main problem is that I want to beat Anna in Tetris and now it takes me so long to log in, I cannot play a lot and I got to within 200,000 points. How the hell do you do it Anna????!!!!

Please solve this problem with the time to log in so I can get more practise in!!!

Matilda

Right now DR1 login etc has ZERO integration with Facebook it been removed (temporary)

If things are slow, then it's your computer or connection.

Anyone else having problems?