Why I think I'll be leave the DR (2.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
so i guess that you do not consider asserting that people are inferior to you is an indicator of disrespect? so tell us what is, then. besides, you do not even know this poster from a hole in the wall, but you are willing to accept his claim that everybody disrespects him. then you say that you don't believe he disrespects them.

now there is some objectivity for ya.

by the way, i am not a New Age guy; i am old school. can you explain the essential constructs that go into making someone "his own person"?

What businessdr types on DR1 and how he or she conduct themselves in DR are two different things. You CAN'T disrespect anyone over the computer.

Actions speak louder then words in my book and what someone says over the computer does not and should not hold any weight.

I have never met businessdr and I am not the type of person that forms an opinion on anyone based on what they type or say.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
What businessdr types on DR1 and how he or she conduct themselves in DR are two different things. You CAN'T disrespect anyone over the computer.

Actions speak louder then words in my book and what someone says over the computer does not and should not hold any weight.

I have never met businessdr and I am not the type of person that forms an opinion on anyone based on what they type or say.

but you are willing to believe what they say over the computer, despite your caveats, right?

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I have two words for you and you will remember them: Get out!

This is hell and it's not for people like you.

To Dominicans, us white people are just ATM machines they want to rob.
Don't listen to the people on this forum.

They are not brave enough to say the truth.

These people here men and women are liers, cheaters and scoundrels.

There is not one decent person on this island.

I have been around Caribbean people for over 30 years of my life.

Not one is good.
They are all demons.

Poor, middle class, rich, it means nothing.

As far as business here, it will be the worst mistake you will ever make.

Don't listen to the people on this forum.

It is different if you want to do an online business here and rent

An apartment

So you can walk away at any time.

These people have a slave mentality, they are inferior to us

And they know it.

They can't love us and they will never accept us.

Several years ago, a fellow named Tim Ferriss wrote a book called "The Four Hour Work Week," which, among other things, introduced the concept of "geo-arbitrage" to the unwashed masses. Geo-arbitrage is a method of using cheap labor and an area with a low cost of living to maximize the quality of one's life.

A lot of people, including the businessdr family, seem to have mistaken his notion of higher efficiency (as it is cheaper to live in Memphis than Manhattan) for "go abroad, bless the locals with your presence, and exploit every advantage from them at every opportunity, as they'll really appreciate it."

So, instead of hiring folks in Bangalore to write a mobile app and canceling their cable bill, many folks headed to poor countries to live on a fraction of the US costs while expecting US-style living, screw over people by paying peanuts, expect revenues to pour in from their lifestyle blog (or similar online enterprise), all while marveling in their own cleverness.

And never-you-mind the fact they had NO experience living overseas, NO solid comprehension of the language and culture (they're related) prior to arriving, and NO meaningful contacts to help ease the transition.

After a while, the hubris collides with the reality that, no, the natives do NOT think you're inherently superior, and you get...well, you get businessdr's rant.

To businessdr: it was clear from your posts you had no clue about DR, no real-world spanish, and highly limited world experience. All that is fixable with an open mind, an open wallet (mistakes cost money), and patience, all of which you seem to lack in spades.

I know you're convinced of your infallible interpretation of Ferriss' masterpiece, so let me suggest Cambodia. A cost of living roughly a tenth of the US, high-speed internet, nice beaches and little brown and yellow locals with super big smiles who know their place.

Who knows, maybe you'll give "Criss" a "new spot" to "plant" his "flag."

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Several years ago, a fellow named Tim Ferriss wrote a book called "The Four Hour Work Week," which, among other things, introduced the concept of "geo-arbitrage" to the unwashed masses. Geo-arbitrage is a method of using cheap labor and an area with a low cost of living to maximize the quality of one's life.

A lot of people, including the businessdr family, seem to have mistaken his notion of higher efficiency (as it is cheaper to live in Memphis than Manhattan) for "go abroad, bless the locals with your presence, and exploit every advantage from them at every opportunity, as they'll really appreciate it."

So, instead of hiring folks in Bangalore to write a mobile app and canceling their cable bill, many folks headed to poor countries to live on a fraction of the US costs while expecting US-style living, screw over people by paying peanuts, expect revenues to pour in from their lifestyle blog (or similar online enterprise), all while marveling in their own cleverness.

And never-you-mind the fact they had NO experience living overseas, NO solid comprehension of the language and culture (they're related) prior to arriving, and NO meaningful contacts to help ease the transition.

After a while, the hubris collides with the reality that, no, the natives do NOT think you're inherently superior, and you get...well, you get businessdr's rant.

To businessdr: it was clear from your posts you had no clue about DR, no real-world spanish, and highly limited world experience. All that is fixable with an open mind, an open wallet (mistakes cost money), and patience, all of which you seem to lack in spades.

I know you're convinced of your infallible interpretation of Ferriss' masterpiece, so let me suggest Cambodia. A cost of living roughly a tenth of the US, high-speed internet, nice beaches and little brown and yellow locals with super big smiles who know their place.

Who knows, maybe you'll give "Criss" a "new spot" to "plant" his "flag."

Great post!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Former British Colonies

the list of countries that have been colonized is endless. some have succeeded, while others have failed. colonization is no predictor of success, or failure.

Hmm, I have always been of the opinion that the countries colonized by the British were left with a relatively well established infrastructure (in contrary to the French, Spanish and Portuguese colonies).
Need I stand corrected?

donP

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hmm, I have always been of the opinion that the countries colonized by the British were left with a relatively well established infrastructure (in contrary to the French, Spanish and Portuguese colonies).
Need I stand corrected?

donP

i don't think you do. just think of Canada, Australia, NZ, etc, and compare them with Latin America, for example. even the British caribbean islands have superior institutions and basic infrastructure to places in central America, for instance.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
but you are willing to believe what they say over the computer, despite your caveats, right?

The computer and social websites are a way to "vent" in this day and time one clearly can see that businessdr is upset about life in DR.

BTW I have a question for you. There are three Spanish speaking countries in the Caribbean:

CUBA

Dominican Republic

Puerto Rico

Which country out of the three LOVE Spain with all their heart???

Then I need for you to tell me WHY???? they love Spain so much.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
one of the basic sticking points is that Europeans and North Americans give these people so little credit when it comes to intelligence, that they fail to recognize the fact that the local Dominican knows that the foreigner feels that he is their superior. the local guy is a survivor. he needs every dime he can get. so he will go through the motions of calling every gringo "my freng", just to get some money. reciprocity is a b*tch. just as you feel contempt for me, i feel the same for you. i have seen foreigners disrespect some of these people in ways that make me cringe, but the people take it with a smile, then let loose when the offender is out of earshot. only once have i witnessed a thermonuclear outburst by a Dominican woman in response to a very hurtful insult in front of a group of onlookers.

This is NOT a fight created by businessdr Dominicans have ALWAYS had a superiority complex if their skin is closer to "white" then their dark skinned countrymen.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard people in and around Santiago can pass for being white and behind that statement is" white Dominicans are better then dark Dominicans"

You CAN'T have it both ways. Dominican can't have the mindset that white is GREAT!!! and then tell businessdr that Dominicans do not feel inferior to him.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Another one bites a dust.

Getting toooooooo out of hand and now racial.

CLOSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.