Why Is Everyone Going to the Dominican Republic NY TIMES TODAY

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Maybe locals don't want to be locked down again. Lock down in DR is no joke. Gringo's in US and other places had a paid vacation with their lock down. Gringo's cry about masks and quarantines. How would you like to be rounded up on the streets if out past curfew? How would you like to be out of a job without financial help? Lock down in DR means what it say's and gringos are too weak to handle that. But that's why DR had very low COVID infections and that's why locals feel uneasy about easy entry rules.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Maybe locals don't want to be locked down again. Lock down in DR is no joke. Gringo's in US and other places had a paid vacation with their lock down. Gringo's cry about masks and quarantines. How would you like to be rounded up on the streets if out past curfew? How would you like to be out of a job without financial help? Lock down in DR means what it say's and gringos are too weak to handle that. But that's why DR had very low COVID infections and that's why locals feel uneasy about easy entry rules.

Economy February 2, 2022 | 8:04 am

Central Bank: Dominican economy grew 12.3% in 2021​

Santo Domingo.- Although it had advanced preliminary figures, the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic today gave the official ones: the country’s economy grew by 12.3% in 2021, year-on-year inflation stood at 8.50% and it is projected that the Gross Domestic Product ( GDP) grow between 5.5 and 6% this year.
In a document that summarizes the main economic results of last year, the Central Bank highlights that, when comparing the behavior of the Dominican Republic in 2021 with the latest GDP projections published by the International Monetary Fund for Latin America, this result places the country as the best performer in real terms relative to pre-pandemic levels.
“In this sense, GDP growth stood at 4.7% in 2021 compared to 2019, reflecting a real reactivation of the Dominican economy instead of a statistical rebound, contrary to the case of many of the Latin American economies, whose levels of economic activity will not exceed those existing prior to the pandemic.”

PUT THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT................................

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Economy February 2, 2022 | 8:04 am

Central Bank: Dominican economy grew 12.3% in 2021​

Santo Domingo.- Although it had advanced preliminary figures, the Central Bank of the Dominican Republic today gave the official ones: the country’s economy grew by 12.3% in 2021, year-on-year inflation stood at 8.50% and it is projected that the Gross Domestic Product ( GDP) grow between 5.5 and 6% this year.
In a document that summarizes the main economic results of last year, the Central Bank highlights that, when comparing the behavior of the Dominican Republic in 2021 with the latest GDP projections published by the International Monetary Fund for Latin America, this result places the country as the best performer in real terms relative to pre-pandemic levels.
“In this sense, GDP growth stood at 4.7% in 2021 compared to 2019, reflecting a real reactivation of the Dominican economy instead of a statistical rebound, contrary to the case of many of the Latin American economies, whose levels of economic activity will not exceed those existing prior to the pandemic.”

PUT THIS IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT................................

Lies. No one believes that number.

Reactions: Nadie21

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Well............almost no one...lol.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Hahaha. When you post all your tourist numbers from Banco Cental it is true. But this one is false. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS............................................

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Hahaha. When you post all your tourist numbers from Banco Cental it is true. But this one is false. YOU CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS............................................
I would try to paint the rainbow too if i were looking for more investment $$$. I do this by lying about my expenses.

Jan 9, 2004
Well, 12.3% might be true in the governments and others minds....................but surely not accurate.

Of course to understand that requires one to actually analyze the data presented.................not just a copy and paste.............much like your 90+% vaccination rates in Altagracia or was it Punta Cana/Bavaro lol.

12.3 growth rate.....................

The actual real growth rate was 5.6%.................nothing terrible, but nothing great. You arrive at the real number by looking at the prior years number, If the prior year was positive...............then 12.3% would be accurate.........................but that is not the case.

The 2020 "growth" rate was actually negative -6.7% as the economy contracted.

Doing simple math.................the real growth rate from the prior year was 5.6%.

By now, most know the government spins their numbers in a light most favorable to them............but not always accurate.

We can save the 8.5% inflation rate and its impact on growth for another discussion.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Nadie21

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Hahahaha.................. Now I understand. When Banco Central posts numbers favorably to your rhetoric you are thrilled to post them. Against your rhetoric there are "other" things to consider.

Maybe if you lived here you would comprehend what is going on here. The DR is booming and all because of SINOVAC......

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Hahahaha.................. Now I understand. When Banco Central posts numbers favorably to your rhetoric you are thrilled to post them. Against your rhetoric there are "other" things to consider.

Maybe if you lived here you would comprehend what is going on here. The DR is booming and all because of SINOVAC......
"The DR is booming and all because of SINOVAC" could you please explain how this one vaccine saved the island?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
"The DR is booming and all because of SINOVAC" could you please explain how this one vaccine saved the island?
If you lived here when the pandemic started and after Sinovac came out you would not ask this question................Opened up the whole Country...................

Big

Apr 24, 2019
If you lived here when the pandemic started and after Sinovac came out you would not ask this question................Opened up the whole Country...................
I live and work here, I still don't understand, could you please expound.

Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo
Jan 9, 2004

12.3% is not unfavorable.............but it is inaccurate.....and inaccuracy seems to be your stock in trade.

Just like your 90+% vaccination figure for Altagracia..........or was it Punta Cana Bavaro lol.

"The DR is booming and all because of Sinovac"..............................lol.

Did you determine this from visiting the parking lot at Punta Cana and counting the cars...lol.

I do business there, my wife's family employs 500 people across the DR, things are certainly better than 2020................but the economy and tourism have NOT reached pre-pandemic levels..................no matter how many times you say it, or how many cars you tell us are at PUJ.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
This is not accurate. Abinader opened up the country to avoid a civil war.

adding; and to avoid a total economic collapse.
Civil war? What are you smoking? And the Country was NOT opened until way after Sinovac came out and greatly reduced the virus.................................

Reactions: dalethefarmer

El Hijo de Manolo

Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Civil war? What are you smoking? And the Country was NOT opened until way after Sinovac came out and greatly reduced the virus.................................
Oh please, they hadn't vaxxed that many folks at that time. The inmates were at the tipping point. No jobs, lockdowns, no Brugal and bachata, no pUtAs. For you to say Si-No-Vac opened the country is a stretch at best. I haven't smoked any weird stuff in years, but if you want to stop by for a coffee, we can figure something out. I don't know how anyone can trust the numbers coming out of this government anyway, as they were published only to keep the money grab alive. If NY State was misstating covid deaths for $$$, imagine the DR.

Reactions: Nadie21 and Big

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
12.3% is not unfavorable.............but it is inaccurate.....and inaccuracy seems to be your stock in trade.

Just like your 90+% vaccination figure for Altagracia..........or was it Punta Cana Bavaro lol.

"The DR is booming and all because of Sinovac"..............................lol.

Did you determine this from visiting the parking lot at Punta Cana and counting the cars...lol.

I do business there, my wife's family employs 500 people across the DR, things are certainly better than 2020................but the economy and tourism have NOT reached pre-pandemic levels..................no matter how many times you say it, or how many cars you tell us are at PUJ.

Carry on.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Can you tell us what was the economic growth rates for 2021 of several Latin American countries?

Jan 9, 2004
Can you tell us what was the economic growth rates for 2021 of several Latin American countries?
I certainly could, but what bearing does that have on the DR or why people are going there?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: Big