Why Sammy? Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wow that shyt was creepy! I'd hate to be all alone in the dark and have a creature looking like that pop in through a window. I would die of a heart attack!

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Why would his wife let him leave the house looking like that...he has a ton of makeup on.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
A dermatologist is saying that his white situation is temporary, so in no time its back to Sosa time. Its like when you get a tan, if you go the way of vampires you get your normal color back. We will see.:cheeky:

Ayer el noticiero de CNN en Espa?ol entrevist? al dermat?logo Francisco Flores, profesor de la Universidad de Miami, quien explic? que debido al proceso de rejuvenecimiento que se ha sometido Sammy Sosa, su piel ha sufrido un blanqueamiento, que luego con el tiempo la piel volver?a a recobrar la pigmentaci?n normal.

Entretenimiento - Transformaciones dan de qu? hablar

Last edited:

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
word on the street in SDQ................

............is that Sammy did this for either one of 2 reasons.

1). So he could get assured entrance into some of the racist clubs in SDQ,

or

2). he is in the running to play the lead in the new remake of the 1972 blaxploitaion hit, Blacula.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
The guys at Remolacha.net asked people to come up with photo shopped versions of Sammy's cream and a bunch of people did...my favorites (in order) below:

Whitening with Donkey Drool...love it.

4095234067_1bb57db5bc.jpg

4096499096_4807182d1a.jpg

4095075809_bc5a80e094_m.jpg

4095835330_b39a864139.jpg

4095835004_eb53de085a.jpg

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
hmmmmm - well I suppose no one says anything when people try to turn themselves brown or orange

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Why would his wife let him leave the house looking like that...he has a ton of makeup on.

'cause i believe his wife is the one behind all that nonsense.......she seems very vain and he seems like a little obedient puppy in every picture next to her.

pbdr

Nov 11, 2009
Sammy, Why The Self-Hate?

Sosa has a serious case of self hate, as do a lot of Black Dominicans. Women dyeing their hair red or brown, blonde, not acknowledging their African and Haitian ancestry, marrying out of their race thinking falsely that they are bettering it, having 10 ways in Spanish not to define yourself as Black are all self hate symptoms.

I'm a Dominican of African-Haitian ancestry and I an proud to be Black. Sosa cannot say the same.

Sammy is suffering from self-hate as a lot of Black spanish speakers do in the Dominican Republic. I'm Black Dominican and I am proud of my "dark" skin, as they call Black in the DR. I guess those inbred White Dominicans have done a job on those who have not left for the U.S. or Spain. Self-hate against your Slave(African) ancestors and true heritage and Haitians who liberated us from Slavery. Fellow Dominicans, "wake up" and get off of the self-hate.

Thank-God African Americans are not as color struck as Spanish speaking Blacks are. If they were we would not have a proud and pretty Black Woman as First Lady and they would still be Slaves.

Last edited:

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
havent we covered this topic already- perhaps you could post something more positive for your first post

pbdr

Nov 11, 2009
It needs to be discussed and not all the time thrown under the table. That's the issue with a lot of Black Spanish speakers. They live in a fantasy race world in the DR but once they come to the U.S. and Spain they learn fast who and how they are thought of by American and Spanish society.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
It needs to be discussed and not all the time thrown under the table. That's the issue with a lot of Black Spanish speakers. They live in a fantasy race world in the DR but once they come to the U.S. and Spain they learn fast who and how they are thought of by American and Spanish society.

I thought Samy Sosa was haitian or at least from haitian ancestry

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Ok so I saw the interview he did on Primer Impacto. Now I'm cool with it. The dude is trying to "improve" his image. He has a right to do so even if we do not approve lol.

POPNYChic

Bronze
Jul 27, 2009
Did you forget Michael Jackson was African American? lol

Sorry but AA's are just as colorstruck despite their black pride movement. The women still generally refuse to wear their own hair out because they hate their naps. They still generally prefer light-skinned people (just look at whos beauty they epitomize in their wing of the entertainment industry --hint: its NOT the west african look!). They are just a little more aware than Dominicans but def not above the same crap.

Now what do you expect to happen in the DR where no one has ever uttered "black power" lol

This cant be forced onto people. Only education will do it: NOT condemnation. NOT pointing fingers as if we are the only ones or the worst. That only creates resistance.

Are you not aware that bleaching creams are most widely sold in Asia and India?
You will even find people bleaching in Africa where they have been previously colonized by Euros. This is a worldwide issue. Why do you expect Dominicans to somehow be the exceptions?

And Obama isnt even AA. He is of a Kenyan father and Euro mom. Were he AA he'd prolly be married to a white woman and thus wouldve never been elected , because you may not have noticed but a TON of successful AA men marry white women because they feel its like a symbol of "arriving" at the pinnacle lol Not colorstruck, my arse. They may be a little more aware but over it? hell naw.

While the u.s celebrates its first prez of color, our founding fathers were mulattos!

We all have issues!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.