Why The Drastic Difference in Deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

34Santiago

May 8, 2021
Santiago
I already asked this question but now I cant find it. Any suggestions or thoughts ? Florida has about 21 million people so about double the Dominican Republic. Florida has about 60,000 deaths so half of that is 30,000 deaths. The Dominican Republic has less than 5,000 deaths. Why ?

Reactions: zoomzx11

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Aren't folks in Florida older? I mean retired people, so more prone to die from anything. Folks in the DR are tougher, they had to build resilient bodies down here, so they don't die as much, and simply are much younger.

Reactions: cavok

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Palm Beach country, Broward county , Miami-Dade county. These three account for the majority of the covid infections and deaths in Florida. Highly populated, crowded inner cities, large population of obese people, especially Africans Americans. Large population of old people.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Aren't folks in Florida older? I mean retired people, so more prone to die from anything. Folks in the DR are tougher, they had to build resilient bodies down here, so they don't die as much, and simply are much younger.
Correct. Florida is where New Yorkers go to retire. It is practically genetic. Lots of old ladies hanging out that "killed" their husbands. The occasional "old man in a hat" that leaves his blinker on for 50 miles on the highway. Now even more people are fleeing to Florida based upon CV19 restrictions elsewhere which don't exist in Florida. It is the state which has "moved on" the most so far. There is an old joke in NY. "What is a nice Jewish wine? Answer: " I wanna go to Florida!" of course spoken with a Long Island accent. One of the most annoying versions of the English language ever. I know, I went to SUNYA. So yes, Florida has an older population that retire there.
Palm Beach country, Broward county , Miami-Dade county. These three account for the majority of the covid infections and deaths in Florida. Highly populated, crowded inner cities, large population of obese people, especially Africans Americans. Large population of old people.
And that...

• Haha

34Santiago

May 8, 2021
Santiago
28 DR vs FL 42 so yes there is a significant difference in medina age BUT enough to explain 30,000 deaths FL vs less than 5,000 DR...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Florida is the Bermuda shorts wearing, (with black socks and white belts) Lexus driving, over sun-tanned geriatric capital of the world.
Half the people there are wobbling around on canes visiting the skin doctor and urologists' offices every week, so yeah just like every year the flu takes many of them out

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I already asked this question but now I cant find it. Any suggestions or thoughts ? Florida has about 21 million people so about double the Dominican Republic. Florida has about 60,000 deaths so half of that is 30,000 deaths. The Dominican Republic has less than 5,000 deaths. Why ?
What r u doing. You said NY State has 2x population of DR. Only in NYC is more than 10MM. What kind of schisse is this?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I joined the team today, happy Covid member.
It's just a Flu.

JJ

34Santiago

May 8, 2021
Santiago
Maybe the new DR GOV has done a most excellent job in dealing with the virus ? Or has the US done terrible job? I have no idea which one it is but the glaring differences in deaths cannot be ignored.

• Wow
Reactions: CristoRey and SKY

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo
Status
Not open for further replies.