Why The Drastic Difference in Deaths?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What does your posts about Florida's record numbers have to do with the DR? New York's numbers are more relevant since there are a million Dominicans in NY and many of them returning to the DR at this time of year.
Here is the first post, READ IT
I already asked this question but now I cant find it. Any suggestions or thoughts ? Florida has about 21 million people so about double the Dominican Republic. Florida has about 60,000 deaths so half of that is 30,000 deaths. The Dominican Republic has less than 5,000 deaths. Why ?

Florida ONE day 58,013. DR ONE DAY 911. Does this wake you up?...................

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Palm Beach country, Broward county , Miami-Dade county. These three account for the majority of the covid infections and deaths in Florida. Highly populated, crowded inner cities, large population of obese people, especially Africans Americans. Large population of old people.

I already asked this question but now I cant find it. Any suggestions or thoughts ? Florida has about 21 million people so about double the Dominican Republic. Florida has about 60,000 deaths so half of that is 30,000 deaths. The Dominican Republic has less than 5,000 deaths. Why ?
Short simple answer is that the DR politicos strictly followed the medical experts advice in handling the pandemic.

The governor of Florida followed the lead of the right wing conspiratorial anti vaxxers.
The guy even fought mask mandates for kids in schools, all in an effort to gain support for a run to be the next president.
I think the DR did an exemplary job in regulating risky behaviors and along with vaccinations it worked fine and reduced the deaths and illness numbers.
Santo Domingo has a metropolitan population of 3 million (tad less than one third of population) yet still did a good job in supporting vaccine distribution and mask mandates.
Big problem to come may be the virus numbers come back strong as they have throughout the rest of the world.
Some countries had the viral numbers down very low but when they reduced the restrictions the illness came roaring back.
Hope its not the case here.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
What does your posts about Florida's record numbers have to do with the DR? New York's numbers are more relevant since there are a million Dominicans in NY and many of them returning to the DR at this time of year.
No worries Bob.
I've already reported that post to the mods for fear mongering, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: bob saunders

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Ah, I see your issue!

If you read the headline at the top of the page you will know the topic.
This one is why the deaths so hi in Florida compared to the DR.

New York is not the topic bob, no matter what you think is relevant.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Corvette and a Hyundai Santa Fe.
Hyundai loosely translates from Korean as modern.
Corvette translates into English as fast.
Always owned Corvettes.

When I saw here that Canadian bob owned a Hyundai I knew it had to be a good car and I got one asap.
Of course I bought the better fully loaded model.

• Sad
Reactions: El Hijo de Manolo

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Live updates: Florida breaks single-day COVID case record​

• By The Associated Press
  • Dec 31, 2021 Updated 21 hrs ago
TAMPA, Fla. — The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday reported more than 75,900 new cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
That tally raises the 7-day average daily to 42,600, which is twice as high as it was at the peak of this summer’s surge when the delta variant fueled a surge of infections in the state.

Florida adds 298,455 COVID cases, 162 deaths in past week​

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic

Live updates: Florida breaks single-day COVID case record​

• By The Associated Press
  • Dec 31, 2021 Updated 21 hrs ago
TAMPA, Fla. — The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Friday reported more than 75,900 new cases of COVID-19 in Florida.
That tally raises the 7-day average daily to 42,600, which is twice as high as it was at the peak of this summer’s surge when the delta variant fueled a surge of infections in the state.

Florida adds 298,455 COVID cases, 162 deaths in past week​

More scare and intimidation content from the crocks and dentures crowd. I love how they added "3 people collapsed in the testing lines". Wasn't Omnicon a mild cold like variant.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Here is the first post, READ IT

Florida ONE day 58,013. DR ONE DAY 911. Does this wake you up?...................

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Crocs.... no 'k'
I truly did not even think about it. After this post, I looked at my kid's pair just sent in from Amazon. You are correct! I actually borrowed that line (not the spelling) from a former board contributor (Caonabo). Btw what happened to that guy? My research on this forum shows he was a very valuable contributor with deep local knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.