Why was a british traveler not allowed entry into country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nadie21

Jun 3, 2021
Santa Clarita
Just read of a british traveler denied entry at Punta Cana Airport. Her companion had no problem. They were booked into hotel for I think 10days. She was brought into an office and not told why. Why would this happen?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Interesting, after reading the article seems maybe a passport issue? Something mentioned about Colombia, but no explanation was given about any previous travel to Colombia.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Maybe there was an identity or data entry mix up. The authorities in the RD are provided passenger information through the airline prior to its origin departure to the DR and also the online tourist card information. At any point near to departure she could have been advised of entry denial. Something went awry.

Regards,

PJT

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Just for the record, the fact someone is British or from Europe or North America doesn't mean that they should be allowed into the DR.

DR Migración: "Señor, follow me".

Señor: "What? I'm British!"

DR Migración: "Mr, don't waste my time and follow me..."

Last edited:
Reactions: irishpaddy

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Interesting, after reading the article seems maybe a passport issue? Something mentioned about Colombia, but no explanation was given about any previous travel to Colombia.
She has never travelled to Colombia, has no criminal record, and she wasn't told the reason for them flagging her passport.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
yea, but if they are going
Just for the record, the fact soneone is British or from Europe or North America doesn't mean that just due to that they should be allowed into the DR.

Sure deny entry but do it at the other end before she gets on the aircraft.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
Just for the record, the fact soneone is British or from Europe or North America doesn't mean that just due to that they should be allowed into the DR.

She never pulled the "I'm British!" card, she just wanted to know why they refused entry. Most of your replies are informative but sometimes you're just a lambon 🤣

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
According to how I read it, the Brits and Dominicans had this language barrier. The tourists could have used a smartphone to help with translation. Wondering if they tried.

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
She has never travelled to Colombia, has no criminal record, and she wasn't told the reason for them flagging her passport.
Then why did the article mention Colombia? Are you privy to some information we do not know about?

keepcoming

May 25, 2011
Stories pop up now and then about "denied entry" but do we ever get the whole story? Bob says she never traveled to Colombia but yet the article refers to Colombia twice. The authors of the article also state they tried to reach out to the Colombia consulate/embassy. For me there is always more to the story in these cases. Mistaken identity?

XQT

Dec 7, 2022
Puerto Plata

Someone, Nadie 21 read something.
Nebulous reporting from daily mail.uk
Lot of speculation no facts known.

• Overall, we rate Daily Mail Right Biased and Questionable due to numerous failed fact checks and poor information sourcing.

Now a moderator who was not present kicks in with an imaginary conversation.
If you were present at migración let us know NALs.

We do know that the DR has laws.
If entry is denied, it is on the basis of DR laws. ( This rarely happens)
In an advanced country like DR surely there is an official at PUJ international who is capable of speaking english.
Normally one expects to be given the reason for denied entry.

We do know that Dominicans require a visa to visit most countries.
That includes Dominica and other Caribbean countries.

We do know that this is based on past conduct of Dominicans in foreign countries.
Resulting in most Dominicans suffering for other Dominicans bad conduct.

Status
Not open for further replies.