Why you shouldn't get drunk on an airplane!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
BermudaRum I think your post should read "why you shouldn't drink on a plane IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE YOUR LIQUOR" lol. I tend to knock back a few on flights to the DR. And so do other folks. And I recall once or twice being over my limit hehehehe. But I would never pull a stunt like that. Never :)

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
It would have to be Brits wouldn't it? Could I just publically appologise to the entire world for the yobbish element of Brits that try to destroy our reputation wherever they go! We're not all like the pillock in that story, honest!!!!

Jan 5, 2006
I saw something similar on an AA flight from STI to JFK. A couple of guys in their mid 20s had more than they could handle and got rowdy with one of the stewardesses. They were sitting by the rear exit row and kept messing around with the door handles, and just being a pain in general.

Upon our arrival to JFK, there were about 10 NYC police officers in full riot gear waiting by the door as we exited the plane. I didn't look back, but I'm sure that they weren't there to exchange pleasantries with the 2 drunks at the back of the plane.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
every single time i travelled on charter flights to and from london there were few completely drunk brits on board behaving like pigs. low class scum from council flats, living on government benefits. white trash, i believe they are called. sad.
personally i never take anything but water on a plane. my motion sickness is bad enough as it is.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
every single time i travelled on charter flights to and from london there were few completely drunk brits on board behaving like pigs. low class scum from council flats, living on government benefits. white trash, i believe they are called. sad.
personally i never take anything but water on a plane. my motion sickness is bad enough as it is.

White trash isn't a term that we use in the UK but that's just semantics, I think you have them pegged dv8!
When we were on vacation we used to tell people in other countries "oh no! we're not english, we're cornish! Isn't it sad when your countrymen make you ashamed of your nationality?

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hiya Gang,<o></o>
I bet you they were heading for an AI!! After five visits to the ICD on the North shore we decided – never again – our last trip there was ruined by parties of (I’m ashamed to say) my fellow countrymen <and women=""> whose sole purpose during their two week break to paradise was to get p***ed out of their faces from the moment the mini-bar opened in their room!<o></o></and>
My first visit to this beautiful country was in 1995 and, after being captivated from the moment the first beads of sweat appeared on the top of my brow when I first dis-embarked, I intended (from then) to make my life here as soon as possible.
That's gonna happen (someday), h
owever over the last two or 3 years we have noticed that tour operators have had no problems booking stag/hen parties for the AI’s, and the AI’s themselves now tolerate a football shirt and shorts for dinner where it used to be trousers and shirt – bare-chested for breakfast where it used to be, at least, T-Shirt and shorts.<o></o>
You can only be “exclusive” for so long & it’s no good being “exclusive” when you’re empty. Widen your catchment area & drop your standards.<o></o>
I, for one will never go back to an AI however, the hordes of “holiday-makers” who head for the AI’s still think that they can behave the same on their transport to the country as they can at both ends – at home they are arse***es (just look at the Britsh press reports of the way they behave) and in the AI they are arse***es: so they behave like arse***es on the plane taking them to and from.<o></o>
The answer – I haven't got a clue - wish I had one…just hope that they’re not on my flight on the 31<sup>st</sup> October. I will have had a few beers coz 9 hours is a long flight ... but I won't behave like a "typical" English tourist.. <o></o>
<o></o>
My dos pesos
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

<o></o>

Last edited: