WiFi Access

dinosinc

Mar 3, 2016
What to hear from anyone who is using Claro fixed internet in Sousa area, can you 1. Access the advanced area of the WiFi menu 2. Does Claro lock down the ports 3. Are you able to do port forwarding

thx

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
on Claro ADSL

advanced area you can access it ; locking port NO ; port forwarding possible

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
1. Yes - be sure the ask the installer for the GUI login/password before they leave
2. No
3. Yes

I have always used my own (and much better) routers so I primarily used the web interface in the claro device to turn everything off (wifi, dhcp, etc) leaving it just a passthru modem.

dinosinc

Mar 3, 2016
Thanks all for the feed back, to add to the post, I'm told by Claro for a non resident to get service I will need a letter of
employment with salary info and my pass port, with this would I expect setting up services to be billed to my credit card will
be somewhat straight forward or will I need to provide additional information ?

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
That CC may need to be a Dominican-based CC. I can't pay my Claro with my US-based CC at all. So you may also need a local bank account.

dinosinc

Mar 3, 2016
Just following up on this, does Claro send their invoices via email or do you log into your Claro account and make a payment
transfer from your DR bank account. Also does anyone know if you can pre pay for 4-6 months ?

Buzzard

Feb 28, 2004
Costambar
Just following up on this, does Claro send their invoices via email or do you log into your Claro account and make a payment
transfer from your DR bank account. Also does anyone know if you can pre pay for 4-6 months ?

My invoice is emailed. I pay, in person, with a US CC. When I leave I prepay the estimated monthly cost; they require cash for that.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You can pay whatever amount in advance that you want. They will give you a credit and you will owe nothing until it runs out. I do it all the time.

Also you can sign up for Emails of your bill. But they do not do it automatically. You need to tell them to do it.