WikiLeaks - Let the real fun begin!

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Wow, that's some big sh|t, specially at this time that the Consejo Nacional de la Magistratura will gather together. I will be following closely the picks of the CNM to the Supreme Court as this hits really close to home. I will keep my mouth shut in the meantime and watch.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
Wow, that's some big sh|t, specially at this time that the Consejo Nacional de la Magistratura will gather together. I will be following closely the picks of the CNM to the Supreme Court as this hits really close to home. I will keep my mouth shut in the meantime and watch.
Wikileaks may be the best thing that has ever happened to enlighten the people of the world as to what really goes on behind the scenes.

principe

Nov 19, 2002
Good!

I'm glad all these crooks are being exposed for what they are, but let's not get too excited. After all its DR.

What's going to happen, zilch. Whoever gets accused will deny the allegations, get on a soapbox, and preach about nationalist sentiment, gringo interventionism, blah, blah.

All the love of country stuff that is never show through actions. After all, its DR.

Jan 5, 2006
The spin machine is out in full force! Subero Isa went so far, as to say yesterday, that maybe Hans Hertell misunderstood their conversation because of a language barrier; which is absolutely laughable!

A new memo will be released today on the 11:00 PM newscast. Let's see what new crooks are outed!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hans has made a fortune out of his relations in the DR. As a go-between. He is Puerto Rican, He is a lawyer. I kind of doubt that he would have "misunderstood" anything said by a figure such as Subero Isa. I would think that perhaps Subero Isa might have shot off his mouth...

HB

Jan 5, 2006
Exactly HB. That statement by Subero Isa is ludicrous!

Lucky for him, that 4 new names will be out in the next few minutes, and with that, he'll move to the backburner.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Exactly HB. That statement by Subero Isa is ludicrous!

Lucky for him, that 4 new names will be out in the next few minutes, and with that, he'll move to the backburner.

Well! whats was said? I missed the report, went to sleep early, hence the reason I'm up at 3 am answering this post.

Jan 5, 2006
As you can read in the above article, the 4 new names are all from Hipo's years:

1. Guido Gomez Mazara; Hipo's right hand man and judicial consultant. He is still Hipo's right hand man, and one of the top officials of his current campaign for president.

2. Victor Cespedes Martinez; the country's attorney general. Considered a PRD party leader and a close ally of Hipo.

3. Miguel Vasquez; director of immigration. Currently in charge of running Hipo's presidential campaign in the provinces of Maria Trinidad Sanchez and Samana.

4. Cirilo Castellanos; Ambassador to Argentina. Not sure what he's doing currently.

All four are cited for ties to corruption and drug trafficking. For anyone who wants a return of Hipo; this is what you have to look forward to!

Jan 5, 2006
The barrage continued last night! This time it was generals in the armed forces and national police linked to drug trafficking and corruption, and LF acknowledging such problems, yet being scared to make changes. In one instance, he forced a general linked to the Quirino case into retirement, then later reinstated him to a high post.

Chuck T

Banned
Nov 30, 2010
this sounds like mexico or any other banana republic, what a shame for a country to be run by thieves and druggies

Apr 26, 2002
A Dominican president trying to reign in military corruption would be like an American president trying to reign in Wall Street -- suicide!

If Leonel kept the generals' commissions at 10%, that should be considered a victory.

Golo100

Bronze
Jan 5, 2002
And to think that Julian Assange's goal was to harm the Yankees. Wikileaks is the biggest embarrassment spread like a virus to 190 nations in the world, or at least those with American ambassadors. So far, not one single cable has been contested credibly. The US ambassadors have proven to be the voice of the people. It's not like we didn't know of these things. It's just that just like that great Triple Crown horse's name said.."Affirmed"
There's no need for proof. What the "Embassy" says is tacit law. "El Pataleo"(the kicking and screaming) is just Hollywood. I'm surprised nothing has popped up about ex-police chief Guzman Fermin, who beginning as a colonel chief of Najayo prison made his "August"(an allusion to the 16th. where people hit the jackpot with a presidential appointment) Najayo is like the New York Dominican Consulate..a gold mine. He then went along to get the jewel of corruption, the Leopoldo Navarro Palace where the 10% is for minions. Subero Isa has not mentioned the 7th. Circuit Court judge that has handled all the big league cases.
Hertell could not have been misunderstood. He speaks Spanish more fluently and with better diction than Subero Isa, who runs only second to Monsignor Agripino Nunez Collado as the worst speaker in DR.
What bothers me, but does not surprise me, is Cardinal Lopez Rodriguez' defense of these weasels. Defending our politicians, judges and military because of his extreme nationalism is only enhancing his reputation as a loose cannon. That is, of course, if the Cardinal himself doesn't end up being wikileaked himself. The Catholic church is not inmune to corruption.
As for Hertell, he was a multimillionare before he became ambassador. He is a businessman before a diplomat. He did his job well. He mingled with Dominicans and became "platanized".
I also find it disgusting that government officials, the Dominican press(leftist oriented and extremely anti-American)and Dominicans in general would call diplomatic cables addressed confidentially to the State Department foreign interference and colonialism. But Dominicans line up ,without showing any pride and decorum,like ducks at the Maximo Gomez Avenue US Embassy/Consulate gates begging on their knees like refugges for a B-1 tourist visa, or a green card. They pay as much as $100 pesos to "buscones" to safekeep their cell phones. They suffer heat, hunger, distress and pushing in line just to get in!
Yet, just like our officials, when they have their tails between their rear end, they call the IMF, or ask for an appointment to see Obama, begging for loans or selling sovereign bonds to Wall St.
Never bite the hand that feeds you.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The barrage continued last night! This time it was generals in the armed forces and national police linked to drug trafficking and corruption, and LF acknowledging such problems, yet being scared to make changes. In one instance, he forced a general linked to the Quirino case into retirement, then later reinstated him to a high post.

Do you have a link to the names of the generals who were implicated? Couldn't find it myself, we're curious because we know several and are related to two.....

Hopefully they're not on the list :)

AE