Will the curfew be extended?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2009
I lived in Germany Hamburg two years from 1988-1990 and then worked in Denmark with German market 1990-1993 but I have forgotten most of my German though. It was fun to win the Euro 1992 watching it together with a bunch of Germans who was visiting and they actually all of them enjoyed that we finally won something and knowing it will probably never happen again. To make it dr related. Where are the best German restaurants?
A simple place parallel to callejon de la Loma in Cab. His Jaeger schnitzel was amazing. Spetzle, meh. A+ on schnitzel and the owner! Nice biergarten feel. Surfs up crowd with bad Spanish and German skills, major bummer, bruh.

Sep 22, 2009
even that i am from the far SWern end of Germany(in relation to Denmark on the N),
there always been a nice friendly bond between both.
as for the best German Restaurants,
they are all in Germany, lol,
with my all time favorite to be my Mom's kitchen.
Me 2 years in Frankfurt doing the market data infrastructure at the new Commerzbank eco tower. Favorite haunt: volksvirt owned by Dane the Dutchman who had a bar in Brooklyn (NY) for years.

Reactions: MikeFisher

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Me 2 years in Frankfurt doing the market data infrastructure at the new Commerzbank eco tower. Favorite haunt: volksvirt owned by Dane the Dutchman who had a bar in Brooklyn (NY) for years.
you've been close to my home then, my little campo is just 130Km/45 minutes highway fun ride SW of Frankfurt.
FFM Intl is my mostly used airport.

• Love
Reactions: El Rey de Mangu
Sep 22, 2009
you've been close to my home then, my little campo is just 130Km/45 minutes highway fun ride SW of Frankfurt.
FFM Intl is my mostly used airport.
I lived in a barrio of Frankfurt called Bockenheim. It was my favorite place in the whole world. Weekends I would hit places like Mannheim, Köln, other small local towns, Amsterdam and Zurich via the ICE. Now I am here in DR eating rice and beans 😭

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
I asked you if you are here living on a day to day basis under the rules of the current State of Emergency? You did not answer. Because if you are and you have a option to be somewhere else you must love the lockdown also. Your history in this country is a fact that is irrelevant for the purpose of our discussion.
You want to talk facts: New Zealand as has gone 100 days with 0 new local COVID-19 cases. Hard lockdown right out the box my man and the country STILL is not open to visitors.

The argument can be made that government action had an affect. But that is the problem is it not? I am smart enough not to make that argument. You cannot say with absolute certainly (or even any kind of probability) that government action does or does not have an affect on the current pandemic that originated in Wuhan (COVID-19) but is not named for the location. To many variables across the world. Even if you take the country you use as your shining example of personal liberty and look across the states you would see many varied results if you reviewed closely how the COVID-19 infection rate is being managed.
If you think I am naive (showing a lack of experience, wisdom, or judgement) simply because you disagree with me then that gives us all insight into the nature of your personality (or at least your writing style). Perfect example of a Ad Hominem Fallacy. I though you wanted to stick with the facts. Was it the World Bank or IMF?
Your statement does not hold unless you can tell me which one exactly. Then show me the language of the loan the supports your statement that the actions taken by the government of the Dominican Republic is driven by that language. There is a saying: "Show me the money". Here: show me the causal effect. If you want to use your "facts" to prove a particular action is correct or not. Otherwise they are just simply your opinions forcefully stated and repeated.
It's after 7 PM. I am home under the curfew right now as we speak writing this. Go ahead and head on out to one of your favorite social activities. Let me know how that works out for you.

Let's quote you correctly "Are you? Or are you off island right now?" THAT was your statement. NOT "Are you here living on a day to day basis under the rules of the current State of Emergency". I responded accurately that I live here. That would mean NOW, if you are still confused. NO my options are not live here and "love the lockdown as you falsely state or leave. I can stay where I have lived for 14 years and detest the situation as do many others. I am not held to your or anyone elses parameters.

New Zealand? Ok, you choose numbers from an Island nation of less than 5 million people, why not Samoa? or Tonga? Great success story and I'm happy for them but I didn't see you address the more appropriate example of Colombia a nation of 50 million people. Closing the borders in New Zealand from what I read absolutely was a major factor, less let in less infected.
I, of course no surprise to anyone on this thread prefer the Sweden approach. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12355353
I still contend that the harm done by shut downs will do much more harm than the Wuhan Virus ever could.
What country did I use as my shinning example? If I would use one it would of course be Sweden. Yes, I do believe you are naive or worse if you think none of this plays in to politics and money. If you think that gives you deep insight into my personality so be it.

Weather the loan was World Bank or IMF I do not recall, if I have the time I'll find it but if you read Dominican today or Listindiario you would have seen the articlle.
The language of the loan, ok forget my statement because of course these entities lend money with no strings attached,,,, back to naive it appears. Yes my opinion is that when global lenders, lend a country money they always want something in exchange, more than interest.
I never said I don't adhere to the laws/rules so telling me to go out after curfew is just ignorant. I detest the curfew but am not stupid enough to not abide by the laws of the nation especially when I am not a citizen,.

Sep 22, 2009
Let's quote you correctly "Are you? Or are you off island right now?" THAT was your statement. NOT "Are you here living on a day to day basis under the rules of the current State of Emergency". I responded accurately that I live here. That would mean NOW, if you are still confused. NO my options are not live here and "love the lockdown as you falsely state or leave. I can stay where I have lived for 14 years and detest the situation as do many others. I am not held to your or anyone elses parameters.

New Zealand? Ok, you choose numbers from an Island nation of less than 5 million people, why not Samoa? or Tonga? Great success story and I'm happy for them but I didn't see you address the more appropriate example of Colombia a nation of 50 million people. Closing the borders in New Zealand from what I read absolutely was a major factor, less let in less infected.
I, of course no surprise to anyone on this thread prefer the Sweden approach. https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/news/article.cfm?c_id=2&objectid=12355353
I still contend that the harm done by shut downs will do much more harm than the Wuhan Virus ever could.
What country did I use as my shinning example? If I would use one it would of course be Sweden. Yes, I do believe you are naive or worse if you think none of this plays in to politics and money. If you think that gives you deep insight into my personality so be it.

Weather the loan was World Bank or IMF I do not recall, if I have the time I'll find it but if you read Dominican today or Listindiario you would have seen the articlle.
The language of the loan, ok forget my statement because of course these entities lend money with no strings attached,,,, back to naive it appears. Yes my opinion is that when global lenders, lend a country money they always want something in exchange, more than interest.
I never said I don't adhere to the laws/rules so telling me to go out after curfew is just ignorant. I detest the curfew but am not stupid enough to not abide by the laws of the nation especially when I am not a citizen,.
Gary you generate a lot of MB s . Storage is the most expensive IT asset you should know!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I lived in a barrio of Frankfurt called Bockenheim. It was my favorite place in the whole world. Weekends I would hit places like Mannheim, Köln, other small local towns, Amsterdam and Zurich via the ICE. Now I am here in DR eating rice and beans 😭
even that a State line separates us, Mannheim is right aside my little home Campo.
I worked long years in Ludwigshafen, which is the other half of the City devided by the Rhine River, which alos is the State Line.
see, this is a small world.
btw, while i never been in NYC and only used DC, Chicago, MIA and LA as the in/out Intl Airports,
I spend a good 6 young years, prior to my first DR visit, in the USA, pure pleasure, no work or such.
I love your huuuuge countryside, bene on horseback for several consective weeks at times completely alone(and the horses of course).
I was back in the day close to buy land there, then I may have never known the DR does even exist.
but life is always full of nice surprises, we just have to go with our own destiny's flow.

• Love
Reactions: El Rey de Mangu

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hey Ken,

How is this for "Government Controls" in China???

Everything about China is not pretty, just as it is not with the US or any other country.

But this discussion is only about the management of the virus and we should stick to that.

It is obvious to me, and i am sure to others as well, that in your heart of hearts you know I am right, but you have invested so much of yourself in knocking masks, quarantine, social distancing, etc., that you feel you must stick with it. That is why you avoid the point I am making and try to shift the discussion to things that are done in China that we both agree are bad.

To repeat, people are living a nearly normal life in China now. The schools were closed for about 4 months then opened with full classes and the normal number of instruction hours. From a photo and video my friend, the teacher, sent me I could see that she had about 30 children in her close. Chairs and desks were arranged just like they were before the virus.

This was accomplished by lock downs, wearing masks, temperature screening everywhere, including outside the building they lived in, etc.

Looking at what is going on in the US and the attitude of many of the people there, it is questionable whether even a year from now the situation will be much better than it is now.

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
A simple place parallel to callejon de la Loma in Cab. His Jaeger schnitzel was amazing. Spetzle, meh. A+ on schnitzel and the owner! Nice biergarten feel. Surfs up crowd with bad Spanish and German skills, major bummer, bruh.
I have heard there is one in Samana

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
Everything about China is not pretty, just as it is not with the US or any other country.

But this discussion is only about the management of the virus and we should stick to that.

It is obvious to me, and i am sure to others as well, that in your heart of hearts you know I am right, but you have invested so much of yourself in knocking masks, quarantine, social distancing, etc., that you feel you must stick with it. That is why you avoid the point I am making and try to shift the discussion to things that are done in China that we both agree are bad.

To repeat, people are living a nearly normal life in China now. The schools were closed for about 4 months then opened with full classes and the normal number of instruction hours. From a photo and video my friend, the teacher, sent me I could see that she had about 30 children in her close. Chairs and desks were arranged just like they were before the virus.

This was accomplished by lock downs, wearing masks, temperature screening everywhere, including outside the building they lived in, etc.

Looking at what is going on in the US and the attitude of many of the people there, it is questionable whether even a year from now the situation will be much better than it is now.

Let's just say I don't believe a word of the propaganda coming out of China. They lied before and as far as I am concerned they are lying now. Please don't misconstrue what I am saying to imply I think the Chinese people lie, anymore /less than anyone else but the Chinese Gov. and Gov controlled media, absolutely.
In my heart of hearts I think you are drinking the kool-aid, maybe well intended but one of the sheep.

Reactions: slowmo and aarhus

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Let's just say I don't believe a word of the propaganda coming out of China. They lied before and as far as I am concerned they are lying now. Please don't misconstrue what I am saying to imply I think the Chinese people lie, anymore /less than anyone else but the Chinese Gov. and Gov controlled media, absolutely.
In my heart of hearts I think you are drinking the kool-aid, maybe well intended but one of the sheep.
My information is not coming from the Chinese government or the media but from friends. For many years I was a reviewer for Amazon and got to know many of the Chinese sellers very well. I don't review any longer but I still have my friends and we have been chatting almost daily on WeChat and QQ for years. They are my sources. And as I mentioned, one is a teacher

I don't believe the Chinese government, either, but I do believe my friends.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
My information is not coming from the Chinese government or the media but from friends. For many years I was a reviewer for Amazon and got to know many of the Chinese sellers very well. I don't review any longer but I still have my friends and we have been chatting almost daily on WeChat and QQ for years. They are my sources. And as I mentioned, one is a teacher

I don't believe the Chinese government, either, but I do believe my friends.
Your friends only know what the Chinese government wants them to know. Just look at us in the DR for example. If we weren't reading the numbers in the news every day, how bad would any of us think it is here? And keep in mind, those that say things contrary to the official government narrative tend to disappear. Most Chinese are afraid to say anything - even if they do know.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Your friends only know what the Chinese government wants them to know. Just look at us in the DR for example. If we weren't reading the numbers in the news every day, how bad would any of us think it is here? And keep in mind, those that say things contrary to the official government narrative tend to disappear. Most Chinese are afraid to say anything - even if they do know.
Some of us may know exactly what is going on when it comes to COVID-19 in the Dominican Republic without having to read the news. Most Chinese are NOT afraid to say what is going on there. I do business with people who own trade companies and they keep me updated. Of course anyone who does not believe what others are reporting here are free to travel there and see for themselves. But they have not basis to ignore "facts" if they want to pick and chose what in the media to believe or not to believe.

Yourmaninvegas

Feb 16, 2016
-
Well good we have an agreement. I am not held to YOUR opinions or beliefs.

Now who is choosing to ignore facts? You pick and choose what you want to believe or not believe. So the "facts" you present are no more valid than the "facts" I present. But the you just proved my point. There is NO causal effect that you can point to that prove a particular government action has a particular effect given the numerous different responses governments around the world have taken to manage the outbreak of COVID-19. If there is use your well honed google skills and post it and I will read it. I can do that in both English and Spanish and if you post it in a another language then I can use Google translate.
I still contend that the harm done by shut downs will do much more harm than the Wuhan Virus ever could. What country did I use as my shinning example? If I would use one it would of course be Sweden. Yes, I do believe you are naive or worse if you think none of this plays in to politics and money. If you think that gives you deep insight into my personality so be it
This is your opinion not a fact. I do not agree with it. The country that has states. If you knew geography you could figure it out.

Weather the loan was World Bank or IMF I do not recall, if I have the time I'll find it but if you read Dominican today or Listindiario you would have seen the article.
And there you go again. Personal insults! Remember, personal insults are the last refuge of the intellectually bankrupt. I will not be meeting you in court. Failing to understand the difference between facts and opinions and causal effect. That is the issue I see in your responses to my posts. "Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts". Who said that? It is a exercise for the reader. But it is good to see that you follow the law as I do. Does that make you a sheep? I do not have strong political opinions on the curfew here. I believe that COVID-19 is a medical problem. And I am sorry you do not have any options. I do! Since this is my choice to be here I choose to not rage at the machine. If others such as you choose to do so, go on with your bad self my man!
I use the Weather channel to learn about the weather. And I don't care whether you agree or do not agree with my opinions on the issue of how other governments are managing the COVID-19 outbreak worldwide. Remember you responded to my post!

Status
Not open for further replies.