Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
National-Palace-Presidency-1024x576.jpg
Photo: Presidency

The present government order to stay at home expires on Sunday, 9 August 2020. The Medina administration has yet to say whether this will be extended. The curfew began on 21 July and was for 20 days. The Medina administration is still calling the shots until the morning of 16 August 2020.

Dr. Plutarco Arias, named Public Health Minister for the upcoming Abinader administration, has told the press he favors more restrictive measures to control the spread of Covid-19 in the country.

In the Abinader administration, Vice President-elect Raquel Peña will be heading the Health Cabinet.

Curfew in the Dominican Republic is from:Monday to Friday from 7pm to 5am and Saturdays and Sundays from 5pm to 5am in:1) Santo Domingo 2) National District 3) Santiago 4) San Cristóbal; 5) La Vega 6) Puerto Plata 7) Duarte 8) San Pedro de Macorís 9) La Romana 10) San Juan...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It does reduce crime, but little to stop the spread of CV19.

People report the barrios are not isolating any more. They are tired of being controlled.
I don't believe that most the barrios isolated at all, even in the beginning. However yes the crime rate and accident rate both went down considerably. Myself I believe the curfew should be 8 pm until 5 am 7 days a week, and hor areas should be sealed off and quarantined for 14 days, nobody in or out but medical staff and food...etc supplied by the government, and some sort of tracing program. Get help from the taiwanese or koreans on how to do it.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Tracing is in insurmountable task for this country. Never going to happen.

Soon we will know what additional restrictions the new government wants.

Sep 22, 2009
I don't believe that most the barrios isolated at all, even in the beginning. However yes the crime rate and accident rate both went down considerably. Myself I believe the curfew should be 8 pm until 5 am 7 days a week, and hor areas should be sealed off and quarantined for 14 days, nobody in or out but medical staff and food...etc supplied by the government, and some sort of tracing program. Get help from the taiwanese or koreans on how to do it.
You left out the w and the e in the hor areas

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
LOL. I meant hot areas. I am actually surprised there isn't more covid in the Haitians Hovels/Hotels as they are crammed in there pretty tight. Perhaps being mainly healthy and skinny young people they have strong immune systems.
You and me both on that issue.

And also in places like La Cienaga and Barrio Blanco in Cabarete, along with Charamicos and Sosua Abajo in Sosua.

Reactions: GusFring

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I don't think the curfew is doing much good on the disease control front. It may keep neighborhoods a bit quieter but is doing sweet bugger all to slow the spread of CV19. If it is not working as intended why maintain it?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I don't think the curfew is doing much good on the disease control front. It may keep neighborhoods a bit quieter but is doing sweet bugger all to slow the spread of CV19. If it is not working as intended why maintain it?
The damage they are doing to people's livelihoods is far worse.
Education. Employment. Sports. Tourism. Religion. Music.. ect.

For those of you in favor of the curfew, how much longer should
it remain in place and for what reason?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I like the curfew 8PM-5AM best.
spend the days where ever i want and in the evenings the streets are nice quiet.
no blarring music from some street businesses or loud motorbikes racing through the streets,
i really enjoy that point of the curfew here.
5PM to start on weekends is a p.i.t.azz, it is way too early to start curfew before sunset

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Hot areas sealed off for 30 days. 14 ain't nearly enough.

GusFring

Apr 15, 2020
Dr. Plutarco Arias, named Public Health Minister for the upcoming Abinader administration, has told the press he favors more restrictive measures to control the spread of Covid-19 in the country.

More restrictive measures. What may these be?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I like the curfew 8PM-5AM best.
spend the days where ever i want and in the evenings the streets are nice quiet.
no blarring music from some street businesses or loud motorbikes racing through the streets,
i really enjoy that point of the curfew here.
5PM to start on weekends is a p.i.t.azz, it is way too early to start curfew before sunset

More restrictive measures. What may these be?
More restrictive measures?
Perhaps they should just throw anyone who disagrees
into prison and let them rot.

Reactions: Garyexpat

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
as for more restrictive measures, I would say it is time to run seriously on the known areas with highest infections.
to do so such area needs to be sealed off from the rest of the country for 2-4 weeks and mass testing be done there, really isolating the positives from the negatives.
just to continue with a curfew, but all day long in the same hot spot areas everybody is out and about ..., will not bring any results.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
A 24 hour curfew would be disasterous. Unless you could still go to the bank to get money to buy food and medicine. Would they allow bank employees to travel the streets to get to work?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
as for more restrictive measures, I would say it is time to run seriously on the known areas with highest infections.
to do so such area needs to be sealed off from the rest of the country for 2-4 weeks and mass testing be done there, really isolating the positives from the negatives.
just to continue with a curfew, but all day long in the same hot spot areas everybody is out and about ..., will not bring any results.
Seal it off for 2-4 weeks then re-open it and all of the people
who were away (tending to the tourist) will re-enter and after
even more business closures things will get back to normal.
Sounds like a plan doc. And the Haitians crossing illegally???

People get sick. This virus is here to stay. Take the necessary
precautions if you are old, fat, gimp or in poor health. Further
destruction of the economy and people's livelihoods in no longer
necessary. I'm guessing you have a stable income from abroad
be it investment, employment or other. Most of the locals do not.
If people getting on with their lives makes you uncomfortable then
perhaps you should move. Time to flatten the fear. Its doing far
more damage to families and their children's future then this
China virus will ever do.

Sep 22, 2009
A 24 hour curfew would be disasterous. Unless you could still go to the bank to get money to buy food and medicine. Would they allow bank employees to travel the streets to get to work?
A 24 hour curfew would entail essentials being able to work. It would entail one family member to run essential errands, ie pharmacy, grocery. Also allow for emergency errands to hospital, clinic or to get to a sick loved one. This wast mentioned early on I think back in April

Status
Not open for further replies.