Will the DR recognize the United States of Kailasa ?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
The UN has recognized the country
Trudeau has also, and attended a parade with the founders.
Several mayors in the US including the city of Newark, New Jersey have sister agreements with Kailsa
Congressman Jamie Raskin ( one time head of the House select Committee in the US) recognized them in Congress

So will DR now recognize this new Hindu island nation off the cost of Ecuador ?

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Need to keep this topic related to the DR, no US politics, etc...

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
I must confess I've never heard of any islands off the cost of Ecuador other than the Galápagos Islands. So I looked up U.S. of Kailasa.

Yeah, if actually Kailasa actually existed...
...but Neward was duped, scammed, tricked, etc... and the UN, too.

However, the DR government might recognize it, and even open a tourism office in Kailasa.
Soon, folks will try to get visas, so as to facilitate travel to the U.S.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Need to keep this topic related to the DR, no US politics, etc...
It's not related politics it is example of how leaders (people really) can be so easily duped.
And how someone can fabricate a fictitious island off the coast of Ecuador and people in charge fell for it.

Never trust anyone. Do your homework.

On a side note of trust - I had a friend who lives with her mother and two children and had their home invaded in Los Castillos two nights ago. They somehow cracked the brass portion of the lock (not the steel hasp) on the barred gate - robbed them of the TV, money, purses and phones and even the son's piggybank- while they all slept in the home !

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Thats fine Chico Bill but you started a thread that could easily go astray... so again keep it DR related and free of US politics. Sorry for your friends...

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
It seems hollow promises, virtue signaling or promises or delivery of cash can turn most politicians into mush and they fall for anything and even betray allies and embrace dubious charlatans. Happens everywhere.

But keeping it DR related - it happened here as recently as 1918, when Medina jettisoned a long & friendly diplomatic relationship with Taiwan, because the bully with the cheap goods and loads of Yuan to spread around intimidated Medina to declare the independent island of 'Taiwan a part of mainland China'.

And as far as I know the suspicious murder, in Santo Domingo, of Taiwan Embassy Compatriot Affairs officer, Julia Ou, still remains unsolved.

Tawains embassy was closed in DR after 2018 and DR's embassy in Taipei was closed once diplomatic relations were severed.

The president of Taiwan actually visited Santo Domingo and met with DR President Leonel.

I was hoping Abinader would wanted no part of Medina's legacy would restore relations with Taiwan - a real island nation. So far it has happened.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The DR government should get Swami Nithyananda to negotiate with the Sosua Beach Vendors Association to get them to believe they will each have a place after the renovation of Sosua Beach.

• Haha
Reactions: chico bill

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I think we have seen people gravitate towards gullibility since the advent of social media ( of which this site is one).

People the world over stare at their phones and isolate themselves from real interactions until it bites them in the backside when they must deal with real world issues.
At least here is DR (at my step daughters private school) they do not allow cell phones.
If something happens the school will call the parent(s).
The world existed without cell phones quite well for millennia.

What are your children's schools rules for cell phones ?
I think the DR is perhaps worse than the US from where I hail. Faces buried in their cellphones, and I too am guilty of this

Since Chinese app TikTok may be banned up North, will other countries follow suit ?
I doubt DR would offend China, since they want the cheap crappy goods flooding the marketplace to continue.

I think they should look at Facebook too, since it sells users' personal information.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
What are your children's schools rules for cell phones ?
I think the DR is perhaps worse than the US from where I hail. Faces buried in their cellphones, and I too am guilty of this
I've watched programs from other countries, BUT NO country is as bad as the DR: panelists talking all at once, and/or other members of the panel with their faces buried in their cellphones, ignoring each other's comments.
And when someone finally gets a word out, usually by shouting over the other participants, the message is replete with misinformation and all manner of errors and BS.