Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Not sure of I fit in the first group to get it or the second group. I am 64 with a quadruple bypass so probably that qualifies me for first group. I have no problem taking the Indian vaccine or the others but hesitant about the Chinese vaccine. My sons have both had their second shots of Moderna and my mother is getting hers at the end of the month.
why would you be "hesitant" about taking the China vaccine?

Jan 9, 2004
Why wouldn't I be.
Perhaps its the complicity of the World Health Organization in accepting the Chinese attempted cover up that there was no evidence of human to human transmission of the virus;

www.theatlantic.com

How China Deceived the WHO

U.S. senators are calling for investigations and the president is threatening to cut off funding. What happened?
www.theatlantic.com
www.theatlantic.com

Or the two courageous doctors (Le Wenliang and Ai Fen) who blew the whistle and either died...........or disappeared.

Step right up and roll up those sleeves............what could go wrong.........China to the rescue lol.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: wayne

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
I had Pfizer one five weeks ago second dose in April, they are doing it 12 weeks apart in the UK. Arm ached less than with a flu jab, all good so far.

This may be the answer to travel

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I had Pfizer one five weeks ago second dose in April, they are doing it 12 weeks apart in the UK. Arm ached less than with a flu jab, all good so far.

Interesting. In the USA, Pfizer shots are 3 weeks apart. Moderna are 4.

Anyone know how DR is scheduling 2nd doses?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

I don't know the answer for the DR but what I do know is important to consider: After I got my second Modena I asked the tech if all I got for proof. was my appointment card filled in on the second line with the date, etc. He turned his computer screen around and showed me the data he was filling in for the CDC. Compete record of what vaccine, batch number, date, what center and my personal information.
There will come a day when you will need to prove you are vaccinated to fly. That day is on the way. All signs lead to that.
My question: What is the DR going to do for its' people?

Reactions: AlterEgo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

Why would it be the answer to travel, if it only "lessens" systems.
It does not make one immune to the virus themselves, nor passing it on to others.
You can still make Nana sick.

Reactions: windeguy and wayne

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010

It was going to be 3 weeks but they decided to give more people a first dose and extend the time between doses to no more than 12 weeks apart. 1 in 3 adults have had a first dose some of the 80/90 year olds had both doses in the early days, before they changed the timing.
They are using Pfizer and AstraZeneca here. Moderna has been approved but has not started to be administered yet

scot_tosh

May 21, 2010
Why would it be the answer to travel, if it only "lessens" systems.
It does not make one immune to the virus themselves, nor passing it on to others.
You can still make Nana sick.

the vaccine passport i'm talking about

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I don't know the answer for the DR but what I do know is important to consider: After I got my second Modena I asked the tech if all I got for proof. was my appointment card filled in on the second line with the date, etc. He turned his computer screen around and showed me the data he was filling in for the CDC. Compete record of what vaccine, batch number, date, what center and my personal information.
There will come a day when you will need to prove you are vaccinated to fly. That day is on the way. All signs lead to that.
My question: What is the DR going to do for its' people
Caonabo is correct that being vaccinated does not preclude spreading CV19. With so many different vaccines in the mix, proof of being contagious will not be easy to determine with testing prior to travel for infection. Proof of vaccination makes sense for cruise ship liability, but not for airline liability.

BUT, they probably will require vaccinations for flying. Just to be "safe". But will they also require testing just before flying as well?
We should know at about the end of 2021.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
In the past you trusted China for your new tires on the Korean car.
How did those tires work out for ya.
Caonabo is correct that being vaccinated does not preclude spreading CV19. With so many different vaccines in the mix, proof of being contagious will not be easy to determine with testing prior to travel for infection. Proof of vaccination makes sense for cruise ship liability, but not for airline liability.

BUT, they probably will require vaccinations for flying. Just to be "safe". But will they also require testing just before flying as well?
We should know at about the end of 2021.
Vaccination precluding spreading is a technical issue.

What the vaccine does without question is near 100% guarantee you will not get seriously ill or hospitalized.
I like that part just fine.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

What the vaccine does without question is near 100% guarantee you will not get seriously ill or hospitalized.

The only part of this posting that is correct, is in regards to the Chinese tires.
"Vaccination precluding spreading is a technical issue." ????????????? :oops:
Yes, those technicalities we endure in life.
Precious indeed.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Tires are good. Vaccines with 50% efficacy that just barely pass muster? Not so good.
I buy a LOT of stuff made in China. Which is not the point of the Chinese deception and lack of producing a good vaccine.
But some people like to present illogical arguments, like you did.

Reactions: bob saunders

CristoRey

#TheGoodLife
Apr 1, 2014
And there you have it folks.
Looks like the fear mongering
Dr. Faucci wannabe's ass is toast.
Ha Ha!!!!!
:p:p:p

• Sad
Reactions: drstock

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Seeing various discussions about people in the UK refusing to accept the AstraZeneca vaccination because it underperforms.
The Chinese vaccine severely underperforms compared to others. The DR has positioned itself perfectly:

SINCE NOBODY ELSE WILL WANT EITHER OF THOSE VACCINES, THE DR SHOULD SOON GET MORE THAN IS NEEDED OF THEM.

Was part of getting rid of Pultarco Arias because he ordered those underperforming vaccine versions?