Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Just a scenario, if I get the AZ vaccine and six months later travel to France vis RD and show my vaccine certificate ...they may allow me to board the plane, enter the EU and do as I choose.
AZ is the first company to admit the vaccine may be only good for 4 months....
This could cause major challenges for travelers, carriers, and Countries.
Whatever happens carry your ten pills 6mg Ivermectin with me where ever I go,
So far I know that dam well works.

This is a great thread..... nobody is right, nobody is wrong, when it comes right down to it, we make our choices and then live with our decisions.
I am waiting to see what the Canadian Military will do, they do a lot of research on vaccines due to foreign Deployments abroad,

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I saw an article where they mentioned a digital App travel passport showing either a vaccine or a test.

Reactions: zoomzx11

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
They could prevent you from entering places without a certificate of vaccination. I'm not saying they should, just saying they could. But then there are those who would like to make fakes of any such documentation.
Remember the list of shots you or your kids needed in order to go to school? No doctor's certificate no school.

Reactions: zoomzx11

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
If the vaccine was being manufactured here I'd be concerned. But as long as the storage & transportation requirements are do-able here. I don't see a problem with a foreign made vaccine. The govt really would like this covid thing to go away and vaccinating everyone one the island may be a good way to to make significant progress in that direction. They should be making plans and announcements for how all this will work now - well ahead of time.
I am sure there will be many more suggestions of what should be done. Politics will decide on what is done.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

Arriving in February, but waiting until March to use them. Fascinating sense of urgency here.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Just a scenario, if I get the AZ vaccine and six months later travel to France vis RD and show my vaccine certificate ...they may allow me to board the plane, enter the EU and do as I choose.
AZ is the first company to admit the vaccine may be only good for 4 months....
This could cause major challenges for travelers, carriers, and Countries.
Whatever happens carry your ten pills 6mg Ivermectin with me where ever I go,
So far I know that dam well works.

This is a great thread..... nobody is right, nobody is wrong, when it comes right down to it, we make our choices and then live with our decisions.
I am waiting to see what the Canadian Military will do, they do a lot of research on vaccines due to foreign Deployments abroad,
Glad to hear you are doing better Russell, and the Dominican cure is working. I had more than my fair share due to deployments to Africa and Central America.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am sure there will be many more suggestions of what should be done. Politics will decide on what is done.
Disagree and hope that the best available science will dictate what is done.
So far the DR has done exactly that even in the face of criticism.
Hope it continues.

Reactions: drstock and SKY

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Astra Zeneca is facing criticism that they did not run trials on older people. That and the mystery of why a half dose followed by a full dose works better than two full doses in the young people they did test. Looks like they need to do a "re-test" to get approval in the USA. I expect the DR will just go ahead regardless of this news.

And those half doses to some trial people at the start? Turns out those were quality control errors in the production of the vaccine.

I bet DR politics pushes forward with the AZ vaccine, don't you?:unsure:

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
Reactions: nanita

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- The head of British drug manufacturer AstraZeneca said on Thursday further research was needed on its COVID-19 vaccine after questions emerged over the protection it offers, but the additional testing is unlikely to affect regulatory approval in Europe.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What are the odds the DR picks the vaccine with quality control issues that needs further study?
In this case those odds were 100%.

What will the politicians decide after the recent news about Astra Zeneca?

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
How can a highly respected drug company fail so miserably on trial reporting it’s not their first rodeo...

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
What are the odds the DR picks the vaccine with quality control issues that needs further study?
In this case those odds were 100%.

What will the politicians decide after the recent news about Astra Zeneca?
odds were one in three.
Dosing errors, data errors and a few trial participants got sick is what is reported.
Vaccine reviewers are super strict so AZ might be delayed at best.
Do you wait and see or jump horses mid stream and risk lengthly delay?
It's me I bail at this point.
Any delay risks more deaths, more illness and more whining.

And too late to dump AZ stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.