Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Cheating or stupidity causing "mistakes"? You make the call on Astra Zeneca:

Meanwhile, one of their key claims is that giving half a dose of the vaccine on the first injection, followed by a standard dose on the second one, led to better outcomes—but neither of these trials had been designed to test this hypothesis. In fact, it’s since emerged that the half-dose/full-dose option started out as a mistake, and one that was only caught when some people in the study didn’t have the usual high rate of adverse effects.
You believe there was a high rate of adverse effects?
My understanding is such a result would end the trial.
Unless by adverse effects you mean pain in the dosed arm, slight headache and fatigue for a few days.
All the vaccines appear to have those sides in some of the trials participants.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
lol, maybe you're waiting, but not like everyone else...
While you are waiting MSM has United Air flying charters delivering its very cold vaccines to drop off points anticipating
a good outcome from the vaccine trials review.
From what I gleaned no landings scheduled for the DR.

Lets hope the DR government makes a quick decision on a new vaccine since AZ is unlikely to get an all clear.
Wait and see attitude is not a good idea and there needs to be a plan in place so that when the AZ decision comes out there is no time wasted bickering over what vaccine to pick.

We are fully capable of providing all the bickering required.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Sosua news is reporting the school yards are being sprayed with chlorinated water to stop the virus.
Sunlight kills the virus on its own and there is plenty here for free.
The virus is spread by children in school yards, not the school yards.

Wonder where they got the water since there has been none for a time.
Having no water makes it difficult to wash your hands which is proven to stop the spread of the virus.
Maybe leave the school yards alone and turn on the water?

Could this be another case of the government having no idea what to do so they do something.
Like the police driving around with their emergency lights on all the time.
Asked a Dominican friend why they do that, " so people see they are working".
Gotta love this country.

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
don't you want to listen to all the high speed free medical advice offered here. I swear some of them could do complex thoracic surgery.
I've only been on here a couple of years, but what I notice is that the medical knowledge is inversely proportional to the number of times they use the word "science."

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
don't you want to listen to all the high speed free medical advice offered here. I swear some of them could do complex thoracic surgery.
There are a few that will be leaving soon as they have acquired major leadership roles at the finest universities around the world. Congrats.

Reactions: Big and jd426

aarhus

Long live King Frederik X
Jun 10, 2008
I somehow don’t think the DR will be capable of organizing the vaccination of all Dominicans and even less so systematically starting with the elderly and vulnerable and front line workers. And maybe in this case its better that way. For us expats it gives us the choice to do it here and pay for it using our insurance or just paying it completely or we can go back to our country of origin. One just has to look at the virtual school to see they can’t organize anything on a large scale. And anybody who has run a business here will know how arbitrary it all is.

Reactions: zoomzx11

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006

You are unique in being the only dr1 "listener".
You don't like it don't listen.

The thread is vaccine use in the DR and not your personal meaningless whine topic.

Is someone forcing you to listen?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In that vein -
I really don't understand the title -
Will you accept the vaccine made available in the DR?

Initially, some thought it being 'made' in the DR

Any vaccine offered here will be the same brand/quality as offered around the world

Kind of a 'Go Nowhere' question - IMO

Why wouldn't you accept a global brand offered here?
I get it if you don't like the brand -
Change countries.....

Otherwise - enjoy the ride

Personally, I'm on the fence about any vaccine so far

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I somehow don’t think the DR will be capable of organizing the vaccination of all Dominicans and even less so systematically starting with the elderly and vulnerable and front line workers. And maybe in this case its better that way. For us expats it gives us the choice to do it here and pay for it using our insurance or just paying it completely or we can go back to our country of origin. One just has to look at the virtual school to see they can’t organize anything on a large scale. And anybody who has run a business here will know how arbitrary it all is.
You could be right and its just throw open the doors.

Waiting for a bus with my wife a few years back in SD I said "lets move closer to the street so we can be first in line".
After a loud guffaw she said 'you think you are in Miami, there is no line here".
Sure enough as the bus pulled up everyone just crowded on board.

Would be better for the expats.
Give you a vaccine choice if you have a preference different from what home country offers.
It could speed up getting the vaccine if you are not lucky enough to be in the early groups in countries that have a vaccine order plan.

For people way down the list and very interested in getting the vaccine it would be worth coming down just for the shots.
We could see a boom in vaccine tourism with the government offering free vaccine to all tourist as they exit the plane.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
The government has been hard at work trying to get all uninsured persons in the country on the Senasa medical insurance program.

I have no doubt that most of those will get the vaccine covered by that insurance as well as all the rest of us who have our own insurance..

Reactions: zoomzx11 and aarhus

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
In that vein -
I really don't understand the title -
Will you accept the vaccine made available in the DR?

Initially, some thought it being 'made' in the DR

Any vaccine offered here will be the same brand/quality as offered around the world

Kind of a 'Go Nowhere' question - IMO

Why wouldn't you accept a global brand offered here?
I get it if you don't like the brand -
Change countries.....

Otherwise - enjoy the ride

Personally, I'm on the fence about any vaccine so far
After the news about the AZ trials errors I would like one of the others.

What is your concern?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The government has been hard at work trying to get all uninsured persons in the country on the Senasa medical insurance program.

I have no doubt that most of those will get the vaccine covered by that insurance as well as all the rest of us who have our own insurance..
You ok with trusting the AZ vaccine after the recent news of the trial errors?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
You ok with trusting the AZ vaccine after the recent news of the trial errors?
I haven't decided if I'll get it or not. My lifestyle is such that I come into contact with very few people and I hardly ever wear a mask unless it's going to some public place. I'll probably be a wait and see type.
But I suspect they are going to go all out to make sure it's safe after burning their finger.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I haven't decided if I'll get it or not. My lifestyle is such that I come into contact with very few people and I hardly ever wear a mask unless it's going to some public place. I'll probably be a wait and see type.
But I suspect they are going to go all out to make sure it's safe after burning their finger.

I am tired of the behavior limits needed to stay safe and I trust the vaccine developers that there were no short cuts taken that would make the vaccines dangerous.

nanita

Jul 28, 2014
Former Pfizer Vice President Mike Yeadon discusses his thoughts as to why the lockdown was a mistake, and why the government strategies to manage the pandemic are only making things worse. He explains why the virus is no worse than a seasonal flu, and that in fact the 'pandemic' ended back in April.

It's an interesting listen for those on the fence about the vaccine.

On a not unrelated note, Bill Gates' personal physician has stated publicly that he was dead set against vaccinating his own children for the usual childhood vaccines, stating 'they'll be fine'. Intriguing.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
This may push some of the 'reluctants' to get a vaccine shot...... or stay home

IATA Travel Pass

https://www.iata.org/en/publications/travel-pass/

To re-open borders without quarantine and restart aviation governments need to be confident that they are effectively mitigating the risk of importing COVID-19. This means having accurate information on passengers’ COVID-19 health status.

Creating a digital platform for passengers with information on what tests, vaccines and other measures they require prior to travel, details on where they can get tested as well as giving the passengers the ability to share their tests and vaccination results in a verifiable, safe and privacy-protecting manner is the key to giving governments the confidence to open borders. To address this challenge IATA is launching the IATA Travel Pass.

The probability of needing a secure proof of vaccination for covid19 for international travel is increasing.

There is planning afoot already to ensure a secure system is in place for international travelers to get proof of vaccination linked to their passport prior to international travel.

And increasingly it is beginning to look like both airlines and countries are tending towards wanting vaccination proof to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.