Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The word from the experts is that there we are in a race against time as current vaccines are potentially outpaced by variants of CV19.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Very happy for you, and BEST OF HEALTH ...
I also have 6 people now in my direct family who have had the Vaccine, with NO side effects whatsoever ...
So I can relate to that feeling of RELIEF ,especially for both my aging parents .

So just to be clear I was not bashing it before ... I am just extremely cautiously optimistic ..
and I feel that Healthy , young people should be allowed to make their own decision and never be forced to be vaccinated.

My question though, and purpose also of my post
WHAT do you plan on doing now to protect OTHERS around you... people who are still vulnerable .

( I assume you DO know you can still catch the Virus and TRANSMIT it , just as easily as anyone else ... that documented Fact is not even open to debate) ..

Maybe this is a topic for another thread .. I dont know ...but Since you are in this Exact position now, and you FEEL SAFE..
and can breathe Easy ...

What do you do for the REST of the Vulnerable Population ?
Continue to behave as I have since this pandemic struck, keep up with social distancing, wear a mask.
There is no solid evidence that people who have been vaccinated can spread the virus but until we know I try and follow all the recommendations.
There should be news as more people are vaccinated.

I have continued to go to the gym regularly through the epidemic even though I know it is a risk.
My gym has rules regarding mask requirements that are mostly ignored.
This has been a real aggravation.
Members come through the door properly wearing the mask and as soon as they are inside the masks come off.

I made an effort to visit at off hours and leave if the gym gets busy.
Now I go when I please and no longer care how the other members behave.
Hard for me to generate concern for people who are not concerned with anyone but themselves and are so ignorant as to not understand the own health risk.

My new fave dumb gym behavior is people who pull down their masks inside the gym then take the time to carefully wipe down the equipment after use for a virus that is spread orally.
Saw one wipe down the equipment then use the same paper towel to wipe their face.
In order to catch the virus from a surface you need to touch your eyes, lips, mouth or nose.
Over the years I have noticed that large numbers of gym members use the bathroom and do not wash their hands.
I have always been careful and never touch my face in the gym.
My precautions either worked or I was lucky, maybe both.

Having both shots has been a relief and not so much as for myself as I am not at especially at risk but a relief that I no longer have to be concerned that I might spread the virus to another family member and they became very ill.
And just as I was feeling relieved along comes the threat of viral mutations.

Reactions: USA DOC

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
The word from the experts is that there we are in a race against time as current vaccines are potentially outpaced by variants of CV19.
Most of the variants are showing increases in transmission but not lethality.
Dr. Fauci said yesterday that the vaccine developers are already working on vaccine boosters to combat the mutations.
Be interesting if increased illness numbers will drive compliance with behaviors to slow the spread.
There appears to be hard core people that nothing short of getting the virus will make any impression.
Interviews with survivors who got the disease all follow the same tone as to how sick they got, how much worse this disease turned out to be and how they have never been so sick in all their lives.
Always will be folks who learn the hard way and sadly this method endangers others but thankfully not me any longer.

Being victimized and put at risk by other people who refuse to demonstrate any concern for others has been one of the most aggravating aspects of this virus.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
`Playing Devils Advocate again: Did anyone see the news about Merck today? They're stopping the development of both of their vaccines.

Last edited:

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
`Playing Devils Advocate again: Did anyone see the news about Merck today? They're stopping the development of both of their vaccines.

I was going to post that a couple days ago, as the story broke Monday I think..
but I did not want to get blasted again.. so thank you for being honest and posting it ..

and please dont leave out the most important part .. BECAUSE CATCHING THE VIRUS and developing Antibodies was BETTER than the Drug they were working on ..

You cant make this stuff up folks ..

Reactions: CristoRey

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Continue to behave as I have since this pandemic struck, keep up with social distancing, wear a mask.
There is no solid evidence that people who have been vaccinated can spread the virus but until we know I try and follow all the recommendations.
There should be news as more people are vaccinated.

I have continued to go to the gym regularly through the epidemic even though I know it is a risk.
My gym has rules regarding mask requirements that are mostly ignored.
This has been a real aggravation.
Members come through the door properly wearing the mask and as soon as they are inside the masks come off.

I made an effort to visit at off hours and leave if the gym gets busy.
Now I go when I please and no longer care how the other members behave.
Hard for me to generate concern for people who are not concerned with anyone but themselves and are so ignorant as to not understand the own health risk.

My new fave dumb gym behavior is people who pull down their masks inside the gym then take the time to carefully wipe down the equipment after use for a virus that is spread orally.
Saw one wipe down the equipment then use the same paper towel to wipe their face.
In order to catch the virus from a surface you need to touch your eyes, lips, mouth or nose.
Over the years I have noticed that large numbers of gym members use the bathroom and do not wash their hands.
I have always been careful and never touch my face in the gym.
My precautions either worked or I was lucky, maybe both.

Having both shots has been a relief and not so much as for myself as I am not at especially at risk but a relief that I no longer have to be concerned that I might spread the virus to another family member and they became very ill.
And just as I was feeling relieved along comes the threat of viral mutations.

Are you sure about that ?
that story is just from todays news ..

Got BOTH shots , ... tested positive .. Quarantined 2 weeks ..
same as anyone else who catches it without the Shots ..

You most certainly CAN spread it to family members . even with the shots .

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Well, turns out the comments about catching the virus and developing antibodies was better were not true. According to Merck their comments were taken out of context.
They said they were unhappy with the results they were getting with both of the vaccines they were developing.
I also posted the antibodies comment as well but when I investigated a little deeper I found their response denying those comments so I came and deleted that part.

Last edited:
Reactions: CristoRey

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Well, turns out the comments about catching the virus and developing antibodies was better were not true. According to Merck their comments were taken out of context.
They said they were unhappy with the results they were getting with both of the vaccines they were developing.
I also posted the antibodies comment as well but when I investigated a little deeper I found their response denying those comments so I came and deleted that part.

I am curious
Does ANYONE know a single person, who HAD the Virus ... developed Antibodies , and then caught the Virus AGAIN , a 2nd Time ?

I you do, please let us know , or someone point out a link .

Yes it CAN happen .. but does it ?

But we already have Undisputed proof that people with Both Shots , HAVE contracted the Virus .

This mathematically makes the Antibodies BETTER than the Vaccine ..
Its a Scientific Fact ..
Taken out of context or not ..

Last edited by a moderator:

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006

Even with the vaccine, I will still be in favor of wearing mask around the sick and elderly.
I do not think masking up is or will be a a choice.
How will you determine who is elderly and sick?

You must be aware that a large percentage of the viral spread is done by people who feel fine and are likely to be out and about and could even be among us as masquerading as anti maskers and anti vaxxers.

Some could even be conducting business, enjoying fine dining in S.D. and Sosua, going out to stores etc. , enjoying the beach and watching the super bowl with friends.

These super spreaders could even be loudly whining about the imposition of rules that have taken away all their "freedoms".
Good to be paranoid as they are among us, carrying the virus, and out to get you.

Hell, I got both shots and no one knows if the vaccinated are still able to spread the disease or not.
No one is safe these days other than the vaccinated and it feels pretty damn good.

Am I in error recalling that you are a vaccine refusal person?

Reactions: drstock

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I do not think masking up is or will be a a choice.
How will you determine who is elderly and sick?

You must be aware that a large percentage of the viral spread is done by people who feel fine and are likely to be out and about and could even be among us as masquerading as anti maskers and anti vaxxers.

Some could even be conducting business, enjoying fine dining in S.D. and Sosua, going out to stores etc. , enjoying the beach and watching the super bowl with friends.

These super spreaders could even be loudly whining about the imposition of rules that have taken away all their "freedoms".
Good to be paranoid as they are among us, carrying the virus, and out to get you.

Hell, I got both shots and no one knows if the vaccinated are still able to spread the disease or not.
No one is safe these days other than the vaccinated and it feels pretty damn good.

Am I in error recalling that you are a vaccine refusal person?
No you are not. At this point in time I do not want to get vaccinated.
As I stated previously in another thread I'm not in a hurry
to get vaccinated as this vaccine is still in it's trial stage.

If I get sick tough shit. If I get sick and get you sick tough shit.
If I get you sick and your body is not prepared to deal with whatever
I've given you, tough shit. My freedom (be it limited now due to these
current restrictions) is more important to me than whether or not
you wake up tomorrow.

I do not wish you harm but at the same time I will not allow your
paranoia to dictate how I think, how I feel or how I choose to live
my life. I have been through way too much shit in life to just roll
over because someone else is worried about dying.

(my apologies to the other DR1 members for the rant but he asked for it)

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Vaccine trials throughout history normally go through several different
"phases" long before you or I can line up at our local clinic to receive an
injection.
From what I've learned speaking to people I know who work in the Healthcare Industry,
this process usually takes about 10 years.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I am curious
Does ANYONE know a single person, who HAD the Virus ... developed Antibodies , and then caught the Virus AGAIN , a 2nd Time ?

I you do, please let us know , or someone point out a link .

Yes it CAN happen .. but does it ?

But we already have Undisputed proof that people with Both Shots , HAVE contracted the Virus .

This mathematically makes the Antibodies BETTER than the Vaccine ..
Its a Scientific Fact ..
Taken out of context or not ..
A number of documented cases of people getting the virus two times.
Since all that become ill develop anti bodies that seems to be the answer.

Relatively easy to find on the net cases of sick 2x.
No one has said the vaccines prevent you from getting the virus.
Pfizer and Moderna offer 95% immunity but you still can catch the disease and become sick.
Medical experts do say that once vaccinated you will not become gravely ill such as to need hospitalization.

Knowing people who make claims is purely anecdotal and does not provide anything considered medical evidence.
One of our posters, a while ago, wrote he went around asking if anyone knew people who died from Covid and could not find anyone. This was then "evidence" that no one died from the disease and we did not need all the precautions.

It is common knowledge that about half of one percent die from Covid.
That small percent adds up to over two million estimated deaths worldwide.
Since so little testing is done in the DR asking people if they had Covid is statistically meaningless.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Vaccine trials throughout history normally go through several different
"phases" long before you or I can line up at our local clinic to receive an
injection.
From what I've learned speaking to people I know who work in the Healthcare Industry,
this process usually takes about 10 years.
Not any longer.
Pfizer and Moderna vaccines were developed in days using new technology.
Trials still take time and are very expensive.
The old days of using dead virus particles to generate an immune response are gone.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
One of our posters, a while ago, wrote he went around asking if anyone knew people who died from Covid and could not find anyone. This was then "evidence" that no one died from the disease and we did not need all the precautions.
The "poster" you are referring to is GaryExpat who happens to be a good friend of mine.
At no point in time did he ever say no one died from this virus. Shallow people often manipulate
the words of others to help it fit their narrative. Doesn't bode well for your credibility Dr. Zoom.

Garyexpat

Bronze
Sep 7, 2012
A number of documented cases of people getting the virus two times.
Since all that become ill develop anti bodies that seems to be the answer.

Relatively easy to find on the net cases of sick 2x.
No one has said the vaccines prevent you from getting the virus.
Pfizer and Moderna offer 95% immunity but you still can catch the disease and become sick.
Medical experts do say that once vaccinated you will not become gravely ill such as to need hospitalization.

Knowing people who make claims is purely anecdotal and does not provide anything considered medical evidence.

It is common knowledge that about half of one percent die from Covid.
That small percent adds up to over two million estimated deaths worldwide.
Since so little testing is done in the DR asking people if they had Covid is statistically meaningless.
"One of our posters, a while ago, wrote he went around asking if anyone knew people who died from Covid and could not find anyone. This was then "evidence" that no one died from the disease and we did not need all the precautions."

Since I have more than once about my questioning people that have died from the virus I would assume you are writing about me.

Please don't twist my words as I have stated clearly that I am not saying that the virus doesn't exist nor that there are not people that die from it. I do however question the accuracy of the numbers because I have read too many cases of people that die WITH the virus not FROM the virus.
I know numerous people that have had the virus, some with no symptoms, others with the usual symptoms. The ones I know that had the symptoms recovered and none having lasting effects, but I do not doubt that some people do have lasting effects.

So far in around 4 months of asking people if they directly knew of someone that died from the virus only 4 have said that yes they did. I think all or most of us will get it at some time. Obviously this is not a scientific survey but it still speaks volumes, at least in my opinion.

I lived in New Hampshire for 3+ years and will steal one of their state mottos - "Live Free or Die"

Status
Not open for further replies.