Will you accept the vaccine made available in the D.R.

Status
Not open for further replies.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That's my point on the post that preceded yours. Does one have a choice after rejection of the China version? Do you chance getting another shot at it ?
People who wanted to get the vaccine in Puerto Plata that qualified (as in over 65) went to the place for vaccinations and waited their turn for the Chinese vaccine today.

If they didn't go today, tomorrow, or the next day for Chinese, it is not currently known if and when Indian, American (currently Pfizer maybe J&J in the future) or possibly even Russian vaccines will be administered.

The Pfizer vaccine is a hard thing to do in a place without ultracold temperatures. It is unlikely remote hospitals like ones in Jamao will have the choice of Pfizer, I am waiting for further information.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
India is actually VERY GOOD , with Quality Control .. or so its been said .
It's the Astra Zenica vaccine that just happens to be manufactured in India. I wouldn't hesitate on that if I were going to get vaccinated.

Other news from this afternoon's Diario Libre:

Government enables 600 vaccination centers throughout the country

The Health Cabinet reported Monday afternoon that it has 600 vaccination centers enabled throughout the country to continue with the National Vaccination Plan, which is in the process of being applied to adults over 70 years of age and to primary education teachers. .
The Vice President of the Republic, Raquel Peña, coordinator of the Health Cabinet, said that channels will be created for the population to find out about the vaccination centers, such as the “Vacúnate RD” website, digital media and a telephone line so that people without Internet access can consult this way.
During a press conference at the National Palace, where the newly appointed Minister of Health, Daniel Rivera, was also present, Peña said that the process of this phase will take 15 days to avoid overcrowding in the centers.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
Seeing various discussions about people in the UK refusing to accept the AstraZeneca vaccination because it underperforms.
The Chinese vaccine severely underperforms compared to others. The DR has positioned itself perfectly:

SINCE NOBODY ELSE WILL WANT EITHER OF THOSE VACCINES, THE DR SHOULD SOON GET MORE THAN IS NEEDED OF THEM.

Was part of getting rid of Pultarco Arias because he ordered those underperforming vaccine versions?
People in Luperon are getting vaccinated now. Chinese vaccine.
I plan to be vaccinated tomorrow.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Currenmt advice from the medical community is the faster the population gets at least some protection,
the faster we get out of this

They say - Take whatever comes first available, any of the makes

Reactions: USA DOC and Russell

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
My friend expat USA 81 years young got his on Friday past... no reaction.
He says if Chinese is only 50% effevtive at least that is a start to attack the virus.
No side effects... he will inform me when he starts craving for Peking Duck.

Jan 9, 2004
Given the penchant and demand for fake/counterfeit goods of all kinds in the DR, and given the penchant of China to make/distribute those fakes/counterfeits worldwide............

Given the pent up demand for a vaccine and countries with loose/non existent quality controls on those vaccines..............

Is this the tip of a very large.............and lucrative iceberg....................

Roll up those sleeves now.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just got the vaccine in Centro Medico Punta Cana in Bavaro. They operate between 10:30 and 11 AM. Got there 10:20 was done and in my car at 11:05 AM.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I tried today at the hospital in Cabrera...........big crowd

Hours are 8-5 daily..... I thought end of the day would be easier.....Wrong!
A nurse told me mornings are better........ maybe I'll try

Or - wait a few days

Chinese one - I was told

Status
Not open for further replies.