Winter Baseball

Momfan

Oct 26, 2004
winter ball

Jersey Devil said:
Is there a website for the Dominican Winter League?

JD
good day to everyone, I'm new to this so bear with me. My son is playing winter ball and I'm trying to find some place to keep up on his progress. His name is Michael Nannini, he's a starting pitcher. He ended this season with the Marlins. If anyone has any info about him or where I can get a link to keep up on the games I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks,
Momfan

Apr 26, 2002
Momfan said:
My son is playing winter ball and I'm trying to find some place to keep up on his progress...If anyone has any info about him or where I can get a link to keep up on the games I'd sure appreciate it.
Momfan,

Dominican league baseball is covered extensively by the local newspapers, but they are in Spanish only. Also, I haven't seen box scores on the newspapers' online sites, so players only get mentioned if they do something notable.

Listin Diario, El Caribe, Hoy, El Nacional and Diario Libre all have web sites where you can follow "deportes".

El Maestro 23

Sep 23, 2004
Team ?

Momfan said:
good day to everyone, I'm new to this so bear with me. My son is playing winter ball and I'm trying to find some place to keep up on his progress. His name is Michael Nannini, he's a starting pitcher. He ended this season with the Marlins. If anyone has any info about him or where I can get a link to keep up on the games I'd sure appreciate it.
Thanks,
Momfan

By any chance do you know the team your son is playing on, because for the league the website is not working but every individual team has their own website. Try to find out the team and perhaps i can get you one of the links for that particular team.

EM23 :bandit:

Momfan

Oct 26, 2004
getting more info

Porfio_Rubirosa said:
Momfan,

Dominican league baseball is covered extensively by the local newspapers, but they are in Spanish only. Also, I haven't seen box scores on the newspapers' online sites, so players only get mentioned if they do something notable.

Listin Diario, El Caribe, Hoy, El Nacional and Diario Libre all have web sites where you can follow "deportes".
Will have to get the name of the team and get back to you. I've tried to find it on the Baseball America site but as of today they haven't updated for this season. Any chance of the local papers having sites as I have someone here that can translate. Thanks.
Momfan

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Bad Vlad!!

I came across the Licey site and found this article. I copy & pasted it into a free translator & still can't come up with anything.

http://www.licey.com/articulo.asp?did=532

From what I gathered, Vlad is trying to get permission from the Angels to play for Licey this Winter. Am I right or close? Thank you

Sorry for piggy-backing your post Momfan. Best of luck to your son!