Wish me luck, making naan bread.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Here is a recipe for Naan bread which I use and it works very well.

Mamta's Kitchen Recipe

Other recipes on this site are also good. The important thing for the Naan bread is to cook it on the top of the stove in a very hot cast iron pan.

I can guarantee you that this will work. However if you want it to work even better for you AZB I would add a pinch of humility, two teaspoons of kindness and a tablespoon of empathy.;)
matilda

I give, I have searched all over for these ingrediants and can't find them.
AZB

S

sokitoumi

humility.jpg

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
AZB - if you make a good naan bread, then you should sell them!! Ive started making rogan josh curries and they are good!!!!! All be it, with a little help from a jar, but hell, they taste good!! Just brought some korma stuff back with me too....gotta love a good curry!

Sep 19, 2005
AZB - if you make a good naan bread, then you should sell them!! Ive started making rogan josh curries and they are good!!!!! All be it, with a little help from a jar, but hell, they taste good!! Just brought some korma stuff back with me too....gotta love a good curry!

ok lets can the secret codes!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha

bad bob

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
If all else fails hop on a plane to Boston. Take a cab to Central Square in Cambridge. There are at least 7 India/Pakistani restaurants within a five minute walk. Pig out.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
After talking to my sister in NY, I am advised to make things simple.
Just use white flour, add little warm water, 1 cup warm milk, salt, sugar, 4 table spoons of yogurt and enough yeast for the dough. make the dough at night and cover it with wet cloth, then early in the morning it should be risen to the top and ready. Now I should be able to make something that would resemble naan. lets see, this will be my next experiment.
I hope this stubborn naan challenge won't push me to actually construct a real tandoor. I just might do that if I am pushed to the limits.
AZB