With a quick hello..

Apr 26, 2002
Truly Confused

Let me get this right - OwnRules and Ruth have had an internet bickering war on the "World Crossing" site for a long time. Then they both show up to this forum at the same time, and bring their war to the same thread.

How did both OwnRules and Ruth find the same obscure (to all but those connected to the DR - for whom the site is not obscure at all) little forum at the same time??? Is there an alterego thing going on here?

I'm truly confused. No you're not. Oh, shut up, yes you are.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
OwnRules has ties to the DR (as resident) that goes well before DR1 was even started (Rob was learning to tie his own shoes back then). He (OwnRules) is also the owner and webmaster of an international football forum, and I know him, we are friends. He's not one of our resident whackos.... well, not completely :)

That been said, cyber-stalking is NOT an strange ocurrence, people who are sick or lack a life now have it easier stalking people that are generally minding their own businesses. Ask me.

Last edited:

Ruth

Jan 31, 2003
Did i get your right pipid? are you saying that as a non carribean my posting on this thread is less justified than the so-called non wacko?

are you a rabid anti-non-carribeans to the point of xenophia/racism goddess?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
What the heck are carribeans? The people that live in the Carribean or all the Islands in the Carribean? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2002
Cyber Stalking

This thread is degrading fast. If it is cyber stalking, then he has my sympathies.

And Ruth, if we're "Caribbeans", then it can only be fair to call you a "European North American of partially semetic origins".

Last edited:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I have it all figured out. DR1 is the meeting point of members of Cyber Whackos International Associations Inc. on their way to their weekly secret meeting. :) We need to set up a beer stand.

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Thank you, Pib, appreciate the support.

Rubirosa,

Nope, no "flame-war" per-se. As I said, and Pib corroborates, I've been running a set of forums on the World Crossing server for a number of years now. Ruth just happened to find her way there like many others and is a poster on many, many other forums in the facility as well (the ones she hasn't been banned from anyway).

To me, she is nothing but another participant in our forums, subject to the same rules and guidelines as anyone else. My job there is much the same as Robert's here -- so naturally, I run into many a disgruntled poster who'll try to make whatever decision I have to make, personal. Comes with the territory and am used to it.

What I never expected (but maybe I should have, knowing her bizarre ways) is that Ruth would find her way here. Mind you, it is not that hard to track me down -- I have openly spoken about my move to the Dom Rep in my forums and most members there know I now reside here. Not like it's a state secret. Knowing that, and also knowing my writing style and background, finding this forum and myself, are not exactly deeds reserved for Sherlock Holmes. Simply Google "Dominican Republic + forums" and boom, there it is, right on the second page.

And again, she really doesn't bother me much -- mostly I ignore her dribble, sometimes I get a chuckle at her lunacies, and others, I'll simply ask her to tone it down and/or issue a warning. In our World Politics forums, I ended up outright banning her for her overt racism towards all Arabs -- and I don't ban that often.

What does bother me is that she has chosen to expand her playground to this forum -- there's really no need to add to Robert's workload.

And lastly, as Pib already mentioned, I am as legit as any poster here. Current resident, past resident, family and business ties to this country for close to a century. And on top of that, I've already had the pleasure of meeting Pib in person and look forward to doing likewise with the rest of you.

BTW, should anyone like to visit my forums, just e-mail me for the links -- I've already posted a link to them in another thread and do not think it ethical to do it again. Besides, I am here for completely different reasons -- I use DR1 as an aid in my transition back to the DR.

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Uh, Ruth? I will give you the benefit of the doubt. However, since I too, have inhabited New Jersey, allow me to say that you said that "she" said that Trinidad was not in the "caribbeans"(sic). I said that many folks from Trinidad "identify"with South America. Your friend apparently is not understanding you since she said that, indeed, Trinidad and Guyana are both considered to be Caribbean, as indeed they are! Guyana attends the Central American and Caribbean Games...

Now, behave and learn about the Dominican Republic.....
Oh, do they speak English in your part of New Jersey??

HB

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Technically speaking, Guyana is not within the Caribbean Basin, and therefore is not really Caribbean. But historically, socioculturally and economically it has always identified more strongly with the British West Indies than with its South American neighbors, hence its membership in CARICOM and participation in the Central American and Caribbean Games...
I always found it ironic that CARICOM, purportedly a
Caribbean Community , has the Bahamas, Guyana and Suriname -- none of them geographically Caribbean -- as full members, while the DR, a truly Caribbean nation, has been continually discouraged from pursuing anything more than observer status in CARICOM.
Regards,
Keith

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Maybe "Caricom" knows how good Dominicans are at honoring promises!

Any one going to the Pan-Am Games in "Miami" this year????CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccccccccccccccCCCCCCCC