Woman gives birth to a rock

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Un Espiritisto entonces... como se dice en Cuba.. no peude andar por atras.. entonces disculpa me pero no peude participar.. todavia gracias para la invitacion porque entiende que es una invitacion de corazon.

Mandaste un correo privado tambien..

MerengueDutchie, got your PM, and sent you a reply, I'm sure my explanation will suffice. Thanks again.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
hahahaha that's funny. Buy a while ago there was a similar story of someone who had in the belly this calcified body of a twin fetus, it was there for years. Could it be something like that, something that died and it stayed there for years?

Maybe the rock baby is for real after all...if the twin existed! :cheeky:

ABC News: A Pregnant Man?

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
One cannot spend 5 minutes on serious stuff and the board goes wild!
You are all very funny .. but leave the politics and religion OK ..
Rock On!

My initial Q was did anyone in Cabarete hear anything? I agree it's a funny subject but...

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Stone baby definition (lithopedion): A dead fetus, usually extrauterine, that has become calcified.

Google Image Result for http://www.homeworking.ws/people/stonebaby.jpg

Juanita, your link didn't pan out (open) in google. For Heavens sake!! don't you have imagination. A rock is not just a rock, and a woman birthing a rock is a fascinating allegory... Of course a woman can birth a calcified fetus, it's all over the news, for example...

STONE BABY (google for it, then open it in cache)

"Stone baby
by Dr. Andrew Folley

History
The patient is a 37-year-old Zairian female who lives in a village of Malongo at the headwaters of the Congo River. She presented with a relatively asymptomatic large abdominal mass. Examination revealed a distended abdomen with a very irregularly contoured mass present consistent with a large fibroid uterus 28-32 weeks size. The patient was having fairly regular periods. She has had eight previous pregnancies with five living children. Recommendation made for exploratory laparotomy through a midline incision with a working diagnosis of uterine leiomyomata.
Exploration through the midline incision revealed no free fluid present in the abdomen. The uterus and ovaries felt fairly normal to palpation. A large calcified spherical mass was delivered through the incision, enveloped with omental adhesions. At this point diagnosis was thought be possibly some type of splenic or mesenteric tumor. The diagnosis was finally made when a shoulder was delivered along with this mass. Finally, after the adhesions were removed, a four pound calcified fetus was removed. This appeared to be approximately a 32-week intra-abdominal pregnancy which had died and calcified.
In further questioning the patient, she stated that she had been pregnant about three years ago and everything seemed to be going fine, but "the baby never came out."

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I give up

My original post was amusing but serious. Let's forget it and go with this. Rob or moderator feel free to move this to wherever:

Favorite song: Papa was a rolling stone

Favorite Music: Rock and Roll

Favorite Movie: Rocky 1 to ....

Favorite ..: Stoned

Favorite Bar: Rocky's (You owe me one Mark)

Let's check out your imagination. Keep it going.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I'll play ..

Favorite song: We will Rock You

Favorite Personal Name for the DR: Big Rock Candy Mountain

Favorite Place to Visit: Stonehenge

Least favorite place: Rock Bottom

What I'm too old for: Rock around the Clock

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
My original post was amusing but serious. Let's forget it and go with this. Rob or moderator feel free to move this to wherever:

Let's check out your imagination. Keep it going.

Favorite "play" friend: scissor

Worst friend: paper

Favorite golf course: Pebble Beach

Favorite cereal: Cocoa Pebbles

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Favorite thing : Racing.

Favorite song : Hypnotized.

Favorite place : The DR.

Worst nightmare : Back up North in the cold.

Most important thing in life : Good friends.

Favorite pastime : Surfing DR1 & playing poker.

Weirdest experience : Earthquake.

Ambition in life : Professional couch potato.