Wonder if others have had this problem an the result.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Will be going back to the USA sometime this month for what I hope is a couple of weeks.
Problem is this is an unexpected trip, My passport expires in May meaning I only have 4 months, think I remember that You need 6 to enter the country. I am a legal resident. so don't know if that will make a difference.
Anyone else have this problem before? Getting a fast track renewal will be a hassle as I will not be close to any of the offices

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Will be going back to the USA sometime this month for what I hope is a couple of weeks.
Problem is this is an unexpected trip, My passport expires in May meaning I only have 4 months, think I remember that You need 6 to enter the country. I am a legal resident. so don't know if that will make a difference.
Anyone else have this problem before? Getting a fast track renewal will be a hassle as I will not be close to any of the offices
As a legal resident you should be allowed to enter however once in the country it's probably a good idea to renew your passport assuming you are an American passport holder, if not then it may be a good idea to ask someone at the local consulate office prior to leaving.
Alexandra Colombo
US Consulate Office Puerto Plata
colomboa@state.gov

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
Took me about 3 months to renew my passport ..Longest wait EVER .. Pay the Expedite Fee.. which makes it about 6 weeks .
Or do the Emergency thing if they still offer it . I think that costs like $300 though .

Reactions: kanson

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Only case I know of like yours they refused to board him. He thought that since he had an emergency t(sick mother) they would let him through but they didn’t. Maybe it depends on the person who makes the decision at the airport, they are really in a position of power.
Everyone, check your passport dates right now!

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I used an emergency expediter once and got a new passport in 3 days. But that was back when the government actually worked for the people
Thank you, your post was extremely helpful.
I once got mine same day.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Took me about 3 months to renew my passport ..Longest wait EVER .. Pay the Expedite Fee.. which makes it about 6 weeks .
Or do the Emergency thing if they still offer it . I think that costs like $300 though .
I'd do the emergency without even thinking about it.

Reactions: jd426

Sailor51

Happy to still be here
Oct 30, 2018
I used an emergency expediter once and got a new passport in 3 days. But that was back when the government actually worked for the people
Musta been along time ago ... renewed mine last year, only took 3 weeks. Big surprise there.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
I guess you might have a problem, but not sure.

I am basing this off what happened to me today.
Went to fill out internet form to renew my residencia........and could not : a message appears saying my passport has less than. 6 months of validity left.
And I have to leave sometime in March....... Up to 10 weeks wait for a UK passport renewal 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮.

Not sure I will be able to travel at my wanted dates....... For sure my renewal of residencia is down the drain.

P.S. yes, I know, I am a dumbass for not checking.
However in my defense, I use cedula in the DR, and a cedula from France, back home, as I do not live in the UK. So never need my passport except for plane tickets, and I have auto-fill for those 🙄

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
I've been hearing about very long renewal processing times and the government site confirms that: 5-7 weeks for expedited processing:

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
I've been hearing about very long renewal processing times and the government site confirms that: 5-7 weeks for expedited processing:

I just renewed last April. Took just under 3 weeks including DomEx delivery to home

No special expedition

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I renewed U.S. passport using DomEx service September 2021, about 4 weeks delivery to home via DomEx.

That was regular renewal not expedited.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
AS said unexpected trip no time to renew here in DR that was on the agenda for this month!